IGNORED

Need 7800 Commons

Albert

Hello!

If you're sitting on a pile of common 7800 games (such as 20 copies of Pole Position II), please sell or trade them to me! :D Let me know what you have, and I'll make you an offer for them (or you can tell me what you want for them). I can also use common 2600 carts if you have some of those you'd like to get rid of as well, this way they can all be shipped together.

Thanks!

..Al

Hello!

If you're sitting on a pile of common 7800 games (such as 20 copies of Pole Position II), please sell or trade them to me! :D Let me know what you have, and I'll make you an offer for them (or you can tell me what you want for them). I can also use common 2600 carts if you have some of those you'd like to get rid of as well, this way they can all be shipped together.

Thanks!

..Al

Is it just NTSC carts you need or is PAL of any interest?

Aren't the 2600 cartridge shells considered better than the 7800 shells?

I know of one store in the area here that probably has 20 copies of Combat, Pac-Man, and Warlords, but I shudder to think about parting out Warlords. They also charge a buck a cartridge.

As for Pole Position II on the 7800, which one is considered common…the pack-in version with the blank b&w label, or the version with the car itself on the label?

I'd also like to add to the question about the AA in-store credit ratio too… :)

Aren't the 2600 cartridge shells considered better than the 7800 shells?

Unfortunately, older 2600 shells do not work with 7800 boards, which have a wider edge connector. Later 2600 games with red labels (and gray labels, not to be confused with silver label games) often used the same shell design as 7800 carts. These do not have a dust cover mechanism. Unfortunately, these shells have two holes in the top corners under the large label, which is why I don't like them very much. There's another cartridge design that uses two springs internally, with a sliding dust cover door that is one long slot. Those work well with 2600 and 7800 games and do not have the holes under the main label. These are much less common, though.

The black and white Pole Position II label is more common, but I'm not discriminatory when it comes to sacrificing Pole Position II carts.

I'll give $2 in store credit for any 7800 carts sent my way.

Thanks!

..Al

Unfortunately, older 2600 shells do not work with 7800 boards, which have a wider edge connector. Later 2600 games with red labels (and gray labels, not to be confused with silver label games) often used the same shell design as 7800 carts. These do not have a dust cover mechanism. Unfortunately, these shells have two holes in the top corners under the large label, which is why I don't like them very much. There's another cartridge design that uses two springs internally, with a sliding dust cover door that is one long slot. Those work well with 2600 and 7800 games and do not have the holes under the main label. These are much less common, though.

The black and white Pole Position II label is more common, but I'm not discriminatory when it comes to sacrificing Pole Position II carts.

I'll give $2 in store credit for any 7800 carts sent my way.

Thanks!

..Al

Do you need any 2600 carts while you are at it? :)

Thanks for the info, btw.

Why, yes, yes I do. :)

..Al

Any preference on those? Like say the previously mentioned Combats and Pac-Mans? :) Are 2600 cart in-store credit less than the 7800 carts?

Maybe we should have a thread about which carts - even amongst the commons - are more ethical to re-purpose than others. Like, for instance, it being completely ethical to repurpose a really bad common game versus a really good common game. Commons, after all, may be the gateway for new retro gamers to get hooked [even in this day and age of emulators and ROMs]. Maybe I should rephrase that as "new retro gamer collectors" since those are the people that would favor actual carts over ROMs.

Edited by Lynxpro

Any preference on those? Like say the previously mentioned Combats and Pac-Mans? :) Are 2600 cart in-store credit less than the 7800 carts?

Maybe we should have a thread about which carts - even amongst the commons - are more ethical to re-purpose than others. Like, for instance, it being completely ethical to repurpose a really bad common game versus a really good common game. Commons, after all, may be the gateway for new retro gamers to get hooked [even in this day and age of emulators and ROMs]. Maybe I should rephrase that as "new retro gamer collectors" since those are the people that would favor actual carts over ROMs.

I generally give 50 cents for 2600 commons, as they are much more "common" than 7800 games. And I cannot use every cart I receive, as some are in too poor condition (dirty, markings on the cart, other damage to the cart, etc.). I have no problems recycling common 2600 games, as they aren't in short supply.

..Al