IGNORED

AVGN Game

Lodmot

44 minutes ago, jetset said:

Wow. Angry much? Yes the controllers are prone to the fire buttons wearing out, the rest of the controller rarely fails. A quick watch of a youtube vid, a piece sliver of aluminum foil, and a dab of glue the controllers work like new.
If you owned the system back in the day, they were far from a slap in the face, unless you straight sucked at videogames. Both the INTV and CV controllers were way, WAY worse, but like the 5200 controllers, a little practice and a little skill and you adapted. I never heard of anybody having trouble with the non-self centering until the internet took hold, and people (like the AVGN twit) got the system, played once, sucked, and blamed the controllers.
What's 100% true my friend is you have no clue of that which you speak. If you honestly think 5200 controllers cost $200 (exaggerate much?) I'll sell you my working four for $100 each.
But whatever your opinion of the sticks, AVGN is a jackass.

Cheers and have a great day friend! Maybe have some milk and cookies or come camomile tea. Helps calm the nerves.  ;) 

Im sorry I dont speak like a tight ass.  Im far from angry. I just say what I want without the need to be politically correct.

• Haha 1

AVGN is indeed a jackass. Im in no way a fan. But you expect the average person to think aluminum foil and glue is going to fix a controller? No.

We were not all tinkerers and opened shit up when it stopped working. It was just classified as shit and we moved on. I have ZERO complaints with 2600 or 7800. Or XEGS or any other piece of Atari hardware to be honest.

Just the 5200 and it's shit controller.

49 minutes ago, jetset said:

If you honestly think 5200 controllers cost $200 (exaggerate much?) 

Also, when you live in Canada and want one of those wico joysticks everyone is talking about..... with the exchange, shipping and depending on country or state and their import charges........ it's $200 and not an exaggeration. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sn8k said:

On second thought...I used to suffer trolls - now I don't. Welcome to blockey-town. I come here to enjoy videogames, not argue with some random kid who's clearly never owned a 5200.

Cheers!

Edited by jetset
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, sn8k said:

AVGN is indeed a jackass. Im in no way a fan. But you expect the average person to think aluminum foil and glue is going to fix a controller? No.

We were not all tinkerers and opened shit up when it stopped working. It was just classified as shit and we moved on. I have ZERO complaints with 2600 or 7800. Or XEGS or any other piece of Atari hardware to be honest.

If it were 1984 I would understand. But no, the year we live in is 2021. Most of us are equipped with a powerful tool known as “Google” at our disposal, (it’s quite famous, maybe you’ve heard of it) and if you decide not to take advantage of it, then that’s your problem.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sn8k said:

No thanks. I 'll stick to 2600 and 7800 and play everything with a gamepad.

Just trying to help you out! 

25 minutes ago, sn8k said:

But you expect the average person to think aluminum foil and glue is going to fix a controller? No.

You expect the average person with a malfunctioning Atari 5200 controller to not Google controller fixes?

(Of course, chances are anyone with even a passing interest in the Atari 5200 is well aware of the problems the controllers can have, and has read about repairs/upgrades/replacements.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jetset said:

On second thought...I used to suffer trolls - now I don't. Welcome to blockey-town. I come here to enjoy videogames, not argue with some random kid who's clearly never owned a 5200.

Cheers!

Lol such a dweeb. Who lies about owning a 5200? There are far more impressive things to lie about. I've owned a 7800 since I was 15.....33 now. I got a 2600 when I was 20. It collected dust because I played everything on 7800. I got a 2 port 5200 shortly after that.... which I liked. I still do. But couldnt afford solutions to shit controllers at the time...... I sold it along with my Vader 2600. This year I purchased a 2600 Jr boxed. Which I play alot, I really like the design.

Now.....I can afford to come back to 5200. So I will revisit the 5200 one day.....and I will buy the wico stick. But Im in no rush as my sights are currently set on the only Atari console I could never get my hands on....... Jaguar.

Once I have Jaguar. I will be back. It's stupid that its the only one I currently dont have......even though I did have one  nearly 15 years ago. Even if it never gets played. It deserves its spot on the shelf for collecting purposes alone. I liked it's massive design.

Non self centering sticks were not the problem for me. The one stick i had that worked, worked well. But that was all that worked on it consistently.... I was stuck playing Ms. Pacman. That was the only game I could really actually play given the circumstances at the time. Keypad and buttons were a pain in the ass 

I also own a Colecovision and 2 intellivision consoles, 1 which I'm looking to trade for an intellivision 2. I also just  bought a Collectorvision Phoenix this year aswell.

Clearly I must be lying about all these too. 

Im also not a SEGA fan either. I don't own a Genesis, Saturn or Dreamcast.... I lie about owning those.

I also don't own Ps 1-4. I just tell people I have them to sound cool. I don't own a ps5....truthfully.... yet.

Because lying about videogames is cool. 

Some of the shit you guys accuse people of here is absolutely f@#$%ing ridiculous.

7 hours ago, bluejay said:

If it were 1984 I would understand. But no, the year we live in is 2021. Most of us are equipped with a powerful tool known as “Google” at our disposal, (it’s quite famous, maybe you’ve heard of it) and if you decide not to take advantage of it, then that’s your problem.

And I've NEVER come across that fix in my search. The only solution I was able to find on my own was just buy a reconditioned one from Best Electronics in like 2007 . Which I never did. I used Google and it brought me to Brad.

Point is, 5200 took effort and cost I wasn't willing to accept at 20. 2600 and 7800 gave me instant joy the day I bought them with  no hidden costs or.obscure repair methods that I had to look for on google. The shit just worked. That made leaving the 5200 behind quite easy. 

AA and the games they sell it for it are the only reason I want it back.

• Like 1