IGNORED

After 26 years... I finally beat Impossible Mission

Cousin Vinnie

Thanks to the Possible Mission hack, the map on Mitch's website, lack of social life, and years of defeat- galvanized by being a New York Jets fan- I finally jammed them crummy keycards together and kicked the door down to find Elvin Atombender... looking like he was not expecting company- let's put it that way (reminded me of puberty)

Anyways- I had to brag. It's been a long time coming. Now the only Atari 7800 game I havent defeated is that ugly schmuck and his pal's Scrapyard Dog. Off too the bad side of town...

Vinnie

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody years ago made a hack called Possible Mission. I play games on the Atari 7800 itself.

What I did to beat the game is practice for about a day- getting used to running across ledges with gaps, where to stand to hit tricky jumps, etc. I could get all of the pieces, it just took forever jamming them key cards together. So I finally broke down and used Mitch's map on his website. The map is good b/c it can keep you from wasting your lives & time trying to go for machines that are worthless. You need alot of time to go through those key cards trying to figure out passcodes. Oddly enough, there are hundreds of key cards they pick the 36 from... so it wouldnt do any good really posting the pics of the combinations. But, after you get a few of the combinations down, it gets easier.

Keep it up. It's possible to win. Now...... I gotta beat that dastardly Scrapyard Dog.

Oh...... I think I defeated the game at 2 hours 32 minutes in. Something like that. Of course, much of that was the death time penalty.

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 1