IGNORED

GBA SP impressions

Well I got my SP in the mail today,and the super cool black one might I add,and I have to say I am impressed.It only uses rechargeable batteries,which are included in the system,so you never have to buy AAs again. The light is cool too,it works well in the dark but doesn't do to much when there is light out.The d pad is new,feels weird at first but now that I am use to it I like it better.The L and R buttons are small,but I haven't really used them too much and when I have they felt fine.

Overall it is kinda small but I have gotten use to it.It is great if you don't have a GBA but if you already do I would hold off on it,or just buy a light.

Well that is what I have to say,I would give it four and a half out of five. :)

Our Gamestop takes trades of GBA and then you pay $69 in addition for the SP.  I dunno if I want to do that or not.  How much do they cost new?

They should cost about $99 new, MSRP, though people have been importing them. If you ask me trading in your original GBA and coughing up an extra 69 dollars is a rip off.

They won't. North America gets Cobalt and Platinum. And don't count on a bigger one either, I've heard the current one is very comfortable anyways. Sure, Nintendo makes a new Game Boy every 2 years, so just wait till then if you want.

If they're only $99, then yeah, trading in my GBA+$69 is a major ripoff.  I don't know why I thought GameStop would hook me up with a good deal  :roll:

Yeah, its a ripoff right now because I just sold my used original Gameboy Advance for $60 on eBay last week :D

I wasn't going to pick up a SP right away but I've been playing some Super Monkey Ball Jr and Power Pro Baseball 5 on a friend's system and those 2 games might have hooked me again :)

EB wants +TWENTY DOLLARS+ down to reserve one of these.  I gave them an "I'll think about it" and left.  Sheesh.

From the way it sounds Nintendo hasn't been able to meet the demand in Japan for the little unit. Granted, I imagine there's some competition getting ahold of one due to all the importers, but I betcha they'll be pretty scarce when they first arrive in the States. Wonder if all that preordering might do someone any good.