IGNORED

Are the so called "worst consoles of all time" really that bad?

For me "worst" consoles are only the one derived directly from Computer.

For instance :

Atari XE

Commodore 64 GS

Amstrad GX 4000

Amiga CD32

and i would put also the Atari 5200 that is too close from the Atari 8bit computer line too.

I've never owned the Commodore 64 GS, Amstrad GX 4000, or the Amiga CD32. I do think the Atari XEGS is a very under rated system. To me, it is the 5200 done right. It's a good gaming platform and for time was easily upgradable to a full Atari 8-bit computer. It is still my go to atari 8-bit computer today. It has the best stock composite output of any atari 8-bit computer/console and the detachable keyboard makes it a great 8-bit computer (especially after modifying the cord to be much longer).

I've never owned the Commodore 64 GS, Amstrad GX 4000, or the Amiga CD32. I do think the Atari XEGS is a very under rated system. To me, it is the 5200 done right. It's a good gaming platform and for time was easily upgradable to a full Atari 8-bit computer. It is still my go to atari 8-bit computer today. It has the best stock composite output of any atari 8-bit computer/console and the detachable keyboard makes it a great 8-bit computer (especially after modifying the cord to be much longer).

I don't say they are bad machine, but i don' t see real interrest (in term of gaming experience) of having this kind of machine when you have already the same machines under the computer shape that exists since years.

I still can't believe that someone forgot the "razors and blades" sale model tho...
You don't charge that much for your system!!!! Oh well.

The problem is that with the way 3DO's licensing model worked, the manufacturers *had* to charge a lot of money for the system, in the beginning they weren't making any money otherwise.

The problem is that with the way 3DO's licensing model worked, the manufacturers *had* to charge a lot of money for the system, in the beginning they weren't making any money otherwise.

However, because of that 3DO made 4x more money than the MN that produced the machines. It's a model that is ethically questionable. It was the opposite of the CD-I's.

The system I don't agree with them putting on these lists is the phantom. The system was never even released (like so many other planned systems) So how can it be a bad console?

Well, it was a little more insidious than most vaporware, with its (for the time) crazy viral marketing, lofty promises, and refusal to actually *go away*. Plus I've heard rumors that the guy who ran the project was a bit unethical, if not an out-and-out crook.

Some SMS games are better than NES games. e.g. Double Dragon, Shinobi. IMO the SMS is often graphically better than the NES,

I had a NES when it was current, and I have one now. I have never owned a SMS, and until very recently, I hadn't played that system in 25 years. In going through some of the library a while back, there were moments when I was shocked at how much stronger graphics-wise the SMS is than the NES. I can't figure out how I didn't notice this back in the 80's. It's too bad.

• Like 2