IGNORED

What is this guy smoking?

MegaManFan

Everything seems fine at first:

Star Raiders, complete in box via eBay

Then I get this message from him:

The total for shipping including insurance is $12.24 + 1.00 = $13.24.

IS HE SMOKIN' A BIG FAT BAG OF.. well YOU KNOW?! Even from Canada to the U.S. that seems a little absurd. TWELVE FRIGGIN' DOLLARS?! (and just to be funny or make it seem more realistic, he adds 24 cents!!)

Is that a Fedex price? The shipping info on the auctions states "Fedex Ground"... what a waste..

The price to ship that set to the USA from Canada is $9.90CDN via postal air mail. (About $6.85US)

I used to sell those Star Raiders sets until I discovered that over half of them were full of mold... but you couldn't tell until you opened the box. They are coming from a surplus place in Toronto that used to have pallets and pallets of them. :ponder:

$12.24?? :? That is too much!

I very strongly belived really supposed to be around $5.50 USD for "Airmail" to USA, not $12.24!!! no way!! sound like rip you off!

If im seller to sell Star Raiders to you, I will give you cheaper S/H, but I dont have Star Raiders at this moments! :(

Jason

Wow, I hope that if I do get one, it's not one that's full of mold. Maybe I should put on a gas mask and plastic gloves before I open it? :( At this rate though who knows if I'll get it, with that outrageous shipping charge. I quoted a few of you (anonymously) in my reply to him, specifically citing sellers in Canada who could ship/send the same item for much less. I hope to get a positive response but in the back of my mind I'm already fearing a negative result. :P

I totally hate it when I get screwed over on shipping. I realize, and expect to pay for the shipping material, and the person going to the post office. So if the shipping cost is .50 or a $1 more than what the actual cost is... I dont really mind. Many sellers just round up, and that is okay. I hate it when the try to screw me over though! Last week I had an auctioner charge me $6.75 to ship one Nintendo game! When the package arrived, the postage was only for $1.85!!!! What an asshole! :x The dude told me that is what he always charges and no one had ever complained berfore!

I have items shipped from the US to Canada quite often and I know for a fact that this is an inflated charge. I would hate to have to see any animosity directed at Canadians in general who for the most part are great folks to deal with. On behalf of Canada, I appologize. That seller obviously wasnt paying attention. I know this is obvious but I would suggest to never agree to a purchase unless you know all of the terms. By the way, I am not the seller. I AM worried that this would cause people to hate Canada so I hope that we can just see this as an individual who has low selling ethics.

Yep, clearly looks like the seller is trying to recoup his loss. But it is just that, his loss. If he didn't want it to be sold for that low, he should have put a reserve on it. I would figure out the shipping on your own and quote that to him, along with the link. I sold a NES system with games about 6 months ago to an APO box in Afganastan that didn't cost that much, came close, but not more than that.

I totally hate it when I get screwed over on shipping. I realize, and expect to pay for the shipping material, and the person going to the post office. So if the shipping cost is .50 or a $1 more than what the actual cost is... I dont really mind. Many sellers just round up, and that is okay. I hate it when the try to screw me over though! Last week I had an auctioner charge me $6.75 to ship one Nintendo game! When the package arrived, the postage was only for $1.85!!!! What an asshole!  :x  The dude told me that is what he always charges and no one had ever complained berfore!

I saw this on the game I got in the mail today...a XONOX double ender.

From what I remember, the guy asked for $3.00

I checked the box. Actually shipping was $1.85.

Damn! Why do people do this?

I recently sold a Genesis so if the shipping turns out to be less than what I quoted, then I'll include a bonus game with the ones I'm already selling. It only seems fair.

Update: I finally talked the seller down to $6 total. I'm not really sure it takes $5 to ship one loose game from Canada to the US by regular post, but at this point it's a price point I can live with since I've paid about the same for CIB games from O'Sheas. I really only needed the keypad but this way I'll have a nice set... if it's not moldy. *fingers crossed*