IGNORED

A few questions regarding the 7800

Yoshiatom

Owning a PAL Atari 7800 (With Asteroids built in to the system) I have some questions...

1. I once saw a page that said the 7800 couldn't play 2600 games that used bacnkswitching, is this true? (if it helps, the only 2600 game I have is Crystal Castles)

2. I also saw a page that said that the Starpath Superchager didn't work with the 7800, is that true?

3. My copy of Donkey Kong JR (The only 7800 cartrage I have) dosen't have the rainbow atari logo when it boots up, why might that be?

1. False.

2. It depends on the model of your 7800. I have two 7800s, one works with Supercharger games and the other doesn't.

3. I don't know.

---

It's known atari 7800 has many compatibility issues depending on the model used.

I think all compatibility problems has been said in these forums in some place.

A pinned thread seems a good idea. Unfortunately, my knowledge isn't enough to make such a thread. I only can asnwer few questions without a deep understanding...

• Like 1

I would add my Brazilian CCE clone carts. Their shell don't fit in some models.

There is another thread where many found the condition of the cart will impact how well it does or does not fit:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/74897-which-2600-games-dont-work-on-a-7800/

Out of the several hundreds of Atari 2600 games, you may have a handful (Or perhaps two) that possibly will not work/fit. It is a very small fraction of the entire 2600 library that may not work on some models.

• Like 2