IGNORED

Fuzzy picture?

someone3760

My intellivision has a fuzzy picture. It looks like a bunch of red and purple snow. Sometimes the picture just turns black and white completely. I can still play games on it, it is just really annoying. When I hook up my atari or nes using the same connector makes them look fuzzy too, yet my atari looks perfect at my friends house. Could the picture look fuzzy because of rf interference? I live near a hospital and telephone poles. Should I unplug stuff near the intellivision? There are at least 2 or 3 other consoles plugged in near it. What should I do? Thanks!

Tried both CH3 and CH4? Tried a different cable? Tried the Intellivision at your friend's place?

Do you have a pic or video of what it's doing?

The RF modulator in the Inty might be going bad. Might consider doing the composite video mod on it, or sending it to pimpmaul to do the mod.

If you have access to an oscilloscope, you can test the video signal input to the modulator.

The RF unit is replaceable. This is the one if you have an NTSC model, eg 2609:

http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/item/92V017/search/SFE-10.7MJ--RF-TV-Video-modulator

- J

Edited by HunterZero