IGNORED

Sega Master System and Game Gear Arcade Gamer Portable

Falconhood

I bought this today at Family Dollar because of the BOGO50% off sale, and will play after I warm-up and dry-off (it's been raining all day today).

Has anyone else bought one of these? I was sad to see there was no SD card port, as I recall there were some GENESIS portables that had that feature, and if they aren't going to make a retro slot to let me put my Game Gear games in and play (like they did with the SEGA GENESIS TV PNP 80 Games System) they should at least put a way to let me upload the roms of the games I own...right?

Well, $30 for 30 games is good enough for some fun.

11373878524_29b9d6e987_c.jpg

• Like 1

I'm getting really angry because I can't find a MICROSCOPIC screw driver to get the batteries in....WHY do they SCREW-SHUT the battery door with a screw that no one has a driver for???

They did the exact same thing for the battery compartments on the AtGames Sega Arcade Motion controllers. What a pain.

• Like 1

They did the exact same thing for the battery compartments on the AtGames Sega Arcade Motion controllers. What a pain.

you know, i NEVER used those. I used my plug-in controllers.

11373867994_426fa4c539_z.jpg

Well, I just played the COLUMNS game. I'm getting too old to stare at a tiny screen that long, but it was fun.

Here are the games that come with it:

11373839936_e6d46d9960_b.jpg

Edited by Falconhood

Alex Kidd in High Tech World...I have no idea what I'm doing in this game.

Alexx Kidd in Miracle World, now that's much better. At least I can PUNCH and JUMP.

"The Ninja" game...the controls for it are bad, but I bet it's just from the original as well..

Assault City...the shooting level at the beginning...I don't know if there's anything past it, I just gave-up on it.

Where are all the games I had, like X-MEN and that bean game?

Tails Adventure...I've never played this one, it's actually good. A little slow, but so am i.

I thought it was cute that they included Snail Maze as one of the games, and even gave it its own cheesy Master System-style box art. How useful it is on a screen that size is up for debate, but I appreciate that someone remembered it exists.

I've seen these at the Family Dollar, and it's tempting, but the price is a little steep and the fact that there's no SD card slot is a dealbreaker. If I can't play my Frogger prototype on it, I ain't getting one. I do wonder about the quality of the emulation, though... is the sound kind of wonky like it is on the Genesis handheld?

• Like 1

It has a nice collection of games. Most of them really are good ones. The Ninja may take some getting used to, but it's a good shooter.

Golden Axe is not very good, and Alex Kidd in High Tech World which you tried already is horrible.

But the Sonic Jump'n Runs, Tails and Ristar are great. Bomber Raid is a nice shoot'em up. Quartet is a very early run'n gun, very short but you have a jetpack. Kind of fun. Kung Fu Kid is also very short but fun.

With Dragon Crystal they even put an action-RPG on there. :)

The bean game you mentioned was probably Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, it is last on the box so it should be there. :)

• Like 1

If you don't want to get one of these because of the lack of a SD slot, why is the keychain system any better? It doesn't have a SD slot either.

Right. You have to go for the novelty factor. Having a Sega Master System on your keychain is mind blowing. Having a portable game system in the year 2013 without an SD card is retarded - in my opinion.