IGNORED

Reindeer Rescue has became a holiday tradition.

sandmountainslim

I usually spend Christmas day playing only Christmas games. With appropriate frosty beverages of course. So I'll be trying to beat RR again and see how far I can get in Toyshop Trouble. And Endless Snow, which I got in the mail the other day will make its debut. Plus all the other ones from over the years. Sad that the yearly X-Mas game tradition kinda died out. I guess if you want something done, you have to do it yourself!

At some point. There's a Melody shortage due to a bad component. batari's been manually removing the bad part and replacing it, but it's tedious work. A couple weeks ago he said he was going to order a new batch of boards to ease up his workload, but it would take a while for them to arrive from China.

For Stay Frost 2 there is no in game music like in that video is there ?

As Nathan says, that is the in-game music.

The music is created using DPC+, an updated version of DPC used for the music (and other things) in Pitfall II. The primary difference is DPC uses square waves while DPC+ lets you use custom 32 byte waveforms.

If you listen closely you might notice that the tempo of the music changes with the snowman's health - the smaller the snowman, the faster the tempo.

If you find the music to be annoying you can use the right difficulty switch to turn it off. With the music on the game can only play 1 sound effect at a time. With the music off it'll play 2 at a time.

Thanks! It sounds even better on real hardware. Emulation of TIA audio is real tricky, especially when the sound gets updated on almost every scanline.

I'll see about uploading a video recorded from my 2600 in the near future, though first I need to figure out a new video sharing site to use as I closed my YouTube account when Google's asshattery became too much to bear.