IGNORED

Information about the Adam Computer Donkey Kong cart label variant

swlovinist

Greetings fellow collectors. I recently came across a Donkey Kong cart variant with the "Colecovision & Adam" on it. I wanted to know what is the general price difference for this label, as a friend of mine is selling it to me.

I also would like to know the history about when and how this cart was sold. Was it part of a bundle? Which one? Around what date was this variant sold? This is only the second one I have ever come across where I live(Southwest WA)

The "For ColecoVision & ADAM" cart label variation came about probably in the second half of 1983 when the ADAM Computer was being readied for release. More than likely what happened was the stock of "ColecoVision Presents" labels was running low and the label was updated to reflect that the cart was for use with the ADAM Computer as well as the ColecoVision. Other labels were updated as well including Victory, Venture, Time Pilot, Pepper II and Mr. Do! as well as all new releases using the "For CV & ADAM" label. There were a lot of older pre-ADAM games that never had their label updated.

As far as price difference, not much at all, if anything. The rarest of these cart label variations is Victory (Coleco Vision Presents) and Venture (For CV & ADAM) and these are the only two where you will see a considerable price difference.

Some think that a Zaxxon "For CV & ADAM" label could exist as well, but none have surfaced to date, so the likelihood is very slim.

Edited by NIAD