IGNORED

Bentley Bear Crystal Quest Running Without XM!

CPUWIZ

Hmmm, there's something different about it, but I can't quite PIC it out ... :-D

It's a 12F629, internal memory, I use it as a "bank select" counter. I've done this on the 2600 before, it basically reads a EEPROM location, latches outputs, then increments the location and writes it back to EEPROM. It's total overkill for what it does, but it's only a 8pin device and not very expensive.

So, lets say, you wanted Sirius, Plutos, Summer Games and Winter Games on one cart. Voila! Every time you turn on the system, the next game boots, just like Atari's 32in1. ;)

Like I said, a toy. I also added a solder spot, for the PIC to output A19, so you could just bend up A19 on a 27C080, solder one wire from it to the board and put 8 x 128K games on one cart. Given of course, all games in a given config, use the same bankswitching. :cool:

• Like 5

Ah, I didn't even realize that there was a 2600 Anniversary cartridge (shows you how closely I've been following the 2600 lately!).

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/111464-atari-30th-8in1-carts-in-hand-ready-to-go

Just found a couple of dusty ones left. LOL It was 6 years ago and I just noticed that the silk screen for the PIC is mirrored, I don't remember that at all. :rolling:

A26PIC4K.JPG

• Like 2

Throw the 7800 originals...

Centipede

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong

Galaga

Joust

Ms. Pac-Man

Robotron: 2084

...and possible additions...

Asteroids

Donkey Kong Jr.

Mario Bros.

Pole Position II

...together, and you have "ATARISOFT" 7800 Edition.

Perhaps a couple or a few volumes with 3-4 games on each cart.

:grin:

It would be awesome to see BattleZone, Galaxian, Moon Patrol, Jungle Hunt developed. Then maybe have one of those new games grouped with two or three of the original 7800 line titles; making up the different "Atarisoft Volumes".

• Like 2

...Summer Games and Winter Games on one cart...

Would love to see "World Games" make it to the 7800 too!

Perhaps the missing Summer Games II. Maybe as a first on any system, Winter Games II.

Imagine them all together!

Now that would be an amazing multi-cart. :-D

Oh, the possibilities...See what you started CPUWIZ ;)

Perhaps out of all that, the 'best chance' is seeing Summer Games and Winter Games, and then maybe hacks of them, making a Summer Games II; all available on one cart. :ponder:

• Like 1

Ok, I think I am done now. LOL I pulled out another GeekPort on top of the board, which exposes 2 pins coming from the PLD (RAM chip select and POKEY chip select), as well as all 6 GPIO pins from the PIC (in case someone wants to add some crazy LED logic or whatever). I came up with the name VersaBoard, because it is now very versatile. :D

Got DKXM from tep, will try that next.

VersaBoard.jpg

GeekPortPlus.jpg

• Like 7

Ok, I think I am done now. LOL  I pulled out another GeekPort on top of the board, which exposes 2 pins coming from the PLD (RAM chip select and POKEY chip select), as well as all 6 GPIO pins from the PIC (in case someone wants to add some crazy LED logic or whatever).  I came up with the name VersaBoard, because it is now very versatile. :D

Got DKXM from tep, will try that next.

YouTube it!

The bass on the How High Can You Get screen sounded a little off. The bassline of that tune uses distortion mode $C. Normally it sounds like dirty bass. In your video it sounds like noise, except for the last note which sounds pure.

Edited by tep392