IGNORED

ATR-8000 (and other) CP/M System disks here

Kyle22

22 hours ago, scouter3d said:

Hi, and thanks for the great work!

I am trying to get my ATR8000 / GOTEK combination to work.

I use the most recent FlashFloppy firmware on the GOTEK. And the GOTEK is the only Drive attached to the ATR.

I can boot Autoterm, i get the #ATRMON prompt (after i replaced the faulty FD1797 :0)) and i am able to boot the CPM*.HFE image mentioned in Post #345 (changing the Diskimage on the GOTEK and then typing "B and RETURN")

So this looks like it works...

But: I am not able to load Software from the image-collection in post #394 => I can change to the images on the Gotek, i can read the DIR, but if i am trying to load i get a bunch of Sector-Read Errors...

My guess is i am doing something wrong here...

The CP/M bootimage and the Softwareimages have different formats / Sizes is that the problem? Can the ATR / CPM only handle one size in one drive number?

Has someone a complete (and working :0)) set of Diskimages to run CP/M and Software from a single GOTEK drive?

Many thanks in advance and greetings from austria, TOM:0)

I have not gotten gotek to work in CP/M on ATR8000 as yet.  The disk format is kinda unique.

Real drive mechanisms will work fine however.

best,

jeff

Hi,

short update:

today i modified a 5.25HD Diskdrive (Chinon FZ-506) to act like a 360kb Drive (because i have no real 360k drive), with this i was able to boot my "original" CP/M Discs i got with the ATR8000

This Drive now also boots standard Atari Discs :0)

Now i will try to transfer my disks to GOTEK images...

will keep you posted...

Cheers, TOM:0)

(Very happy with a working ATR8000)

• Like 1

Hi,

i was able to transfer 2 of my CP/M Discs into images for use with the GOTEK/FlashFloppy... (My other discs sadly have a bunch of defect sectors)

the good news is, one of the discs is a CP/M Systemdisc with lots of good stuff on it (like MBASIC) :0) the other one is "Supercalc"

both images work fine in the GOTEK...

cpmimages.zip

19 hours ago, sup8pdct said:

Check out post 7 in

It is a latter version of the ATR8000 cpm system bios. One i didn't know about.

Are you using your Gotek with HxC software?

Hi,

yes i tried this image - and it also works on my Gotek (i am using the FlashFloppy Firmware), but only contains a few files...

PS: My ATR8000 came with a BIOS Eprom labled "3" and is slightly different than the version 3.02 i found online...

atr8000_3.zip

• 7 months later...

I'm a new ATR-8000 user and I'm struggling with getting CP/M to work with Gotek.

I'm able to get to ATRMON, and when trying to 'B', I'm always getting 'ERR 80'.

I've experimented with pretty much every setup of jumpers on Gotek side (FF software), I've used some images I've found in the relevant ATR-8000 threads (that were confirmed working), but no success so far. The green led on Gotek lights up for a moment when I'm trying to boot, but then always ERR 80.

I've checked with the regular cable (as in the manual), I've tried with the roll-over (the Gotek stopped reacting for commands with LED, so this was branch was eliminated and I got back to a straight cable).

I've checked with 'shugart', 'ibmpc' and jumper-select CFG file settings, and I'm pretty much out of ideas now.

Have anyone encountered such problems?

Do you have any ideas on how to proceed to further debug?

Thanks in advance!

the gotek probably would have worked stock, when you use Flash Floppy or HxC firmware the jumpers block get re assigned to other functions, namely making the Gotek a Single ID 0 drive, last time I had anything to do with HxC the provision for drive B was still not in the firmware...

If you have flash floppied or HxC'd the gotek you might have better luck leaving the jumpers in the firmwares recommended config and doing CABLE twist or physical Cable ID selection

I have never gotten a gotek to work with an atr and CP/M. But then I don’t think I ever tried. 

Now what I did was use a real 5.25 floppy as drive one and use an hxc2oo1 stock as drive 2 and I was using the hxc to pull files off the hfe images. 

I never really tried to format a blank hfe file with the atr’s format program in cp/m but I would imagine it might work. You just need to have an atr formatted floppy as it uses some odd format. 

I think if you look back in this thread there is a program that will format a floppy from spd or mydos in the correct format. 

If you don’t have a real floppy look for a 36ok drive. Most on eBay are the full height tandon tm100’s. Those should work fine. I was using. Mitsubishi 36ok drive in my setup. 

Heck, if I needed to go back in cp/m on the 8ooo I would probably have to go through this thread all over again. Lol

• 2 months later...

hi, everyone.

So, I read through this entire thread and admit to still being somewhat unclear what I need to do to get CP/M running on my Atari/ATR8000.  There's a LOT of conversation here, but I don't see a step-by-step on what I need to do.

SETUP: Atari 800, ATR8000 with 64K, dual off-brand 5 1/4" DS/DD drive, Atari 1050 drive, manuals, disks (including bad CP/M disks), DT80 cartridge

TESTED:  booted with DT80 cart and DS/DD drive attached from Atari MyDOS disk and performed directory command

PROBLEM: SWP CP/M disks have mold or something on them and won't read

I need help with:

1) recreating the CP/M disks

2) then booting to CP/M

thanks!

• Like 1