IGNORED

Atari Gamer - Digital Magazine

snicklin

Thanks guys :) , and I hope you enjoyed the extra gift and would love to see some photos of you all wearing it :)... Since Atari Gamer magazine has been so well received , I have began work another Atari magazine which will hopefully be due later on in the year.

Again thank you all so far who purchasing the magazine and delighted you all enjoyed it, this makes it all worth the efforts to bring something like this to the Atari 8-bit community :)

Cheers

Just bought my issue, very very impressed with what I've read so far, superb quality !! Will you be making any future 8 bit issues?

Alias unfortunitly no, as much as I'd love to do another Atari gamer magazine on the 8-bit , I just do not have the time or resourses to dedicate to another collectors magazine for the A8 :( this magazine was created as part of what I felt at the time needed to be made, I was tired of the Atari 8bit going unnoticed allot of time in the retro gaming community and enough was enough. I managed to sercure a great Atari historian who actually knew about Atari 8-bit indept and lived the Atari in the UK back in the earlier and mid-late 80's as it happened and had collected a vast amount of untapped information on the Atari 8-bit scene which was presented in the Atari Gamer magazine which made it as a once off special collectors magazine.

At present I'm putting the finishing touches to its follow up , its big brother the "Atari ST" under the premise of "Atari ST Gamer magazine" and with huge amount of help and information I've received for it, I can say it will make up 2 special collectors issues with the first is due out next month. So lots of stuff inbound.

But again many thanks for the support of this stuff, without the reader it wouldn't be the good so far success its been within the Atari Community :)

All the best

Darren.

Edited by Greyfox

@IndusGT:When i interviewed the coders for ST Gamer i always asked about any A8 work they did (and still ask this question on coders i interview now for various websites), as i grew tired of buying commercial magazines, seeing no mention of the A8 version, let alone questions asked about it, which always struck me as a massive missed opp, so set about finding folk, asking the questions i wanted asked myself.

So you should find a few nuggets of A8 info in ST Gamer, via the full, uncut interviews (which i think are going up as DVD Style extras).Any addt.information i uncover on Lost A8 games etc, via future interviews, i'll post up on here for benifit of the community.

• Like 1

Bought Atari Gamer digital edition and enjoyed it thoroughly. I loved the layout and colors. Retro just add it should be. Loved the interviews and learned a lot. And I really enjoyed the reviews of professional and homebrew games, but wish there could have been more depth. Yes there were a few typos and grammatical issues, but those are minor quibbles. The only major problem? There won't be another issue. Thanks to the whole team for a fresh look at the Atari 8 bit history.

ravard

• Like 2

Many thanks Ravard, really glad to hear you loved the magazine, yes I agree I myself would of preferred more in-depth reviews etc. but when creating this magazine, I wanted as much as possible, remember there is over 60 reviews in here, which is unheard for a magazine of its type and one which I feel totally captures the Atari 8-bit in its heart, I've explained why there won't be a second issue, too many logistics involved, so make sure you cherish it :)

Again many thanks for your support of the magazine and hope that people who haven't yet got a copy, your missing out on all this Atari 8bit greatness :)

Take care

Darren.

@ravard:As a (small) part of that team, i too would like to personally thank you and all the other posters on here for the kind words.It's fantastic to hear feedback both good and also where we needed to improve.There are always going to be things we could of done differently or better, but speaking personally, i do (mixed) shifts and all the Atari Gamer/ST Gamer/ Misc interviews for various sites i've done/continue to do, are done in my 'free' time and time is again'st me.

In terms of interviews alone:It's a nightmare in terms of time:You spend ages tracking down who you would like to interview, 'approach' them, wait...some have'nt the time, some don't want to talk about time in industry, many you hear nothing back from.A couple have said yes, so you send questions (which take time to put together) and you never hear anything back.

I do this for free, for love of the subject material and the community, so great to hear others like whats been done.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Necrobumping due to individuals wanting to play social media experiments. ..

Once again in the interests of full transparency. ..

My involvement in this project was to Forward over to Greyfox a lot of misc bits of A8 triva, soundbites etc.

This was done over a period of weeks and very time consuming. 

Greyfox then WROTE these into various features, crediting myself due to the time i had put in sourcing them.

I would of been bloody hard pressed to write ANY features for ANY magazines as at that time i did not own a PC in any form.

I have zero involvement with Greyfox.

He is free to do whatever he wishes with any material i submitted to AtarI Gamer-ST Gamer Magazines and Atari Visual History.

I took no payment for roles in any of the above..

He wrote the publications with reviews etc from others.

There is clear blue water between myself and all the above.

Any misc research i do now is minimal and for the general community. 

I am not..nor have i ever been a writer or historian.