IGNORED

what games are played with dual controllers?

grips03

Do some folks use dual controllers to play certain Intellivison games?

If yes, what games?

Do you use the disc, action buttons, and keypad on the second controller - or only certain parts of it?

If this was built into a single controller what would you want it to look like?

Boy, off the top of my head, I can only think of Night Stalker and Tron Deadly Discs as games that benefit the most from this. Not sure how prevalent this tactic is, as it's a bit awkward to pull off. IMHO at least. Now, something specially built to accommodate such tactics would obviously be a game-changer. (see what I did there? :P )

I put forward the idea of some kind of dual controller mount that would put the two controllers side-by-side for certain games that would benefit from more easily holding both controllers. Microsurgeon is really a much better game with two controllers - you use the disc of one to move the probe around and the disc of the other shoots the various medicines. The keypads of both would end up being used for different purposes in this kind of arrangement.

So I'm just wanting something that would act as a base to hold both controllers more easily. Then for games like Night Stalker and Tron DD where you want the disc of one to play with the keypad of the other, you'd have the two controllers in close proximity.

What about AD&D Cloudy Mountain… Does it have a similar control system as Night Stalker and Tron DD?

On a different note, Cloudy Mountain… Lonely Mountain… The game is very Tolkienesque indeed. :)

In terms of games that need two controllers because of the buttons of the keypad (ala Microsurgeon) I remember that chess also needed left and right overlays...

Best wishes!

I put forward the idea of some kind of dual controller mount that would put the two controllers side-by-side for certain games that would benefit from more easily holding both controllers. Microsurgeon is really a much better game with two controllers - you use the disc of one to move the probe around and the disc of the other shoots the various medicines. The keypads of both would end up being used for different purposes in this kind of arrangement.

So I'm just wanting something that would act as a base to hold both controllers more easily. Then for games like Night Stalker and Tron DD where you want the disc of one to play with the keypad of the other, you'd have the two controllers in close proximity.

I thought about exactly the same thing; not so much for playing existing games – although it certainly would be handy – but for designing a new game. If someone can design a two-controller mount that's ergonomic enough, it could be interesting.