IGNORED

Help with 5V colecovision mod rev c

omgaz

Hi,

I am trying to install the 5v memory in my rev C colecovision. The motherboard is a bit different than the guides posted online. The guides online have you connecting the middle capacitor to the right leg of L3. My board already has a trace connecting the two. The right capacitor (C43) is showing 5V. Do i simply connect the leg of C43 to the right leg of L3?. Pin 9 of the memory chips already has 5v going to it, i assume this is ok to leave?

any insight would be great.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Why all this efforts if industrial powersupplies are still available with the required power values? And even if not it is not a big task to use a standard 12v power supply and by adding voltage regulators getting the 5v and -5v for not more than 5 bucks.

I just built in an industrial power supply into a coleco with standard euro- connector on the back of the console. About 30 min to fit it into the console. Cost about 20 euro. Now the coleco is running like a charm without external power supply.

• Like 1

Why all this efforts if industrial powersupplies are still available with the required power values? And even if not it is not a big task to use a standard 12v power supply and by adding voltage regulators getting the 5v and -5v for not more than 5 bucks.

I just built in an industrial power supply into a coleco with standard euro- connector on the back of the console. About 30 min to fit it into the console. Cost about 20 euro. Now the coleco is running like a charm without external power supply.

Can you post pictures of the mod? i'm making a similar mod on a spanish coleco console, with the 5v memory mod and installing a external hard disk power supply into the console..

thanks!

if you already swap the memory then why do you need a picture of the mod. The power supply mod is to keep the system as it is and only uses a new power supply providing the required 3 voltages internally. No further modding required only replacing the connector at the back with a standard european power connector.

The power supply will be installed instead of the hf modulator and a PCB with AV and stereo surround sound is placed inside the housing to allow composite output. Cable with Video/Audio left and right replaces old TV cable or connector (depending on version). Switch to disable the stereo/surround and to add a pause key is placed on the plastic shield on the back. Checkout http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk for pictures (Coleco full mod)

Quote: i'm making a similar mod on a spanish coleco console, with the 5v memory mod

So he plan to do the memory mod together with a power supply. Which in my opinion makes no sense at all as you are also able to use voltage regulators (2 * $4) to get the missing voltages. The regulators are quite easy to install, too and you only need a 12v power supply you get for about $10-20 in store. For $6 more you will get a power supply with all voltages.

Not sure how expensive mem mod is and doubtful more risky.

Sorry if i didn't explain well.The 5v memory mod i had to do because the console has problems with garbled graphics (bad memory chips). I have replaced all the mem chips and now the coleco works perfect!. Now I want to remove the external power supply and place it a new one inside the housing.

Thanks for the links retromod, i'm wait to see your website for info and pictures of your mods.

Do not trust me i am a scammer according to the people here.....

I think that might be taking it a little too far, that is lumping everyone together and assuming we all share the same opinion. Personally, the jury is still out as far as my opinion of you, but then again I see that you are openly and honestly trying to help people out with your knowledge and experience... so that is a big plus. On the other hand, you took a pretty big dump in Yurkie's sales thread and that WILL rub a lot of people around here the wrong way, your's truly included, because Yurkie is very respected around here and justifiably so.

I never did like the way people use the Post Count of someone against them at times, but that's just the way things are and sometimes you have to earn your stripes first before going on such an offensive.

So anyway, welcome to the Forums and hope to see a lot more posts from you.

Edited by NIAD

If the defamation stops the bitch, asshole and all these "we respect others according to our rules but discuss as little childs using these word from anonymous point of view" i would agree, but my feeling is it will not stop and the real reason is interruption of business. From my point of view it is quite legal to ask if something is too expensive or not, i was not aware that this forum is for business purpose only. i only look for information and of course help if required as i have done for nearly over 10.000 requests in more than 10 years for other communities (mainly windows, high end unix and internet technology).

But i will not stress as it only forces these 4 letter words and true character of some users. Thanks for open words.

Edited by retromod
  • Like 2

Dear retromod,

I'm still looking to your website every day because I love to do mods on the colecovision, makes this console so much more interesting ! sadly your site it's still under construction :-S I know how hard it is to make a website:-) anyway I still hope you will be here for a long time! but please take care with all the members overhere, they

are all nice and we need people like you who always help arround whenever you can:-)

all the best from the Netherlands.

If the defamation stops the bitch, asshole and all these "we respect others according to our rules but discuss as little childs using these word from anonymous point of view" i would agree, but my feeling is it will not stop and the real reason is interruption of business. From my point of view it is quite legal to ask if something is too expensive or not, i was not aware that this forum is for business purpose only. i only look for information and of course help if required as i have done for nearly over 10.000 requests in more than 10 years for other communities (mainly windows, high end unix and internet technology).

But i will not stress as it only forces these 4 letter words and true character of some users. Thanks for open words.

I want to sent you a private email but I can not get in contact with you, could you PM me or does anybody else on this forum know why this isn`t posible ?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by colecovisionfanforever

Because he was banned lol. Everybody loved him. :P

I think he may have meant well but just always come off way toooo strong and cocky on things, not to mention totally crapping all over Yurkies new internal power mod thread; among other threads. Then again, he/she may have been some scam artist/douche from God knows where. Oh well, whatever. We'll see if his new website gets up and running, I think the results will speak for themselves so far.. if they haven't already. Yikes! :o