IGNORED

Wanted: one Intellivision, one Sears Super Arcade, and one Intellivision2

wileyc

Hi there,

I'm posting this here, as opposed to the "wanted" section of the classifieds, because this isn't a collector's solicitation for rare-ish hardware.

I'm getting back into Intellivision, after twenty-five years of offtime. Although I want to play the games that I grew up with, I am at this point very interested in keeping these old consoles running and viable for gaming.

For the Intellivision, that means the following:

1) a composite video modification that has no artifacting or ghosting,

2) a controller adapter that accepts Colecovision / Atari 5200 / Jaguar controllers,

3) a replacement power board that accepts standard +12VDC inputs

To that end, I am asking for cheap-ish hardware to facilitate development. I'm in Tokyo, and Intellivision hardware is practically unobtanium here.

I'd like to acquire one original Intellivision, one Sears Super Arcade, and one Intellivision2 for development purposes. I don't need power supplies, controllers, cartridges, or RF adapters -- just the consoles themselves, so that I can test without destroying my "real" gaming gear.

I will be in California (Cupertino) the second or third week of January; if anyone in that area has hardware and would be kind enough to donate, I can and will meet near One Infinite Loop.

If anyone outside that area has hardware and would be kind enough to donate, I will pay shipping to Tokyo plus a nominal negotiated hardware cost.

Thanks in advance,

-- Chris

The three that I requested cover the major hardware differences (available space inside the case, controller connectors, and digital-to-composite variations). The Tandyvision, Bandai, and Sylvania appear to be just rebadged Intellivisions.

Please remember that I'm not a collector -- I'm just trying to obtain hardware for prototyping :)