IGNORED

UK TI99/4a Phobia!

am1933

Being an avid UK based collector/user of TI99/4a related goodies-I have noticed a problem on UK forums. Whenever I mention the TI99/4a-it's like someone just farted and everyone wants to leave the room.

That is why my primary port of call will now be this forum-as it is full of truly educated people who know a good machine when they see it.

It did make me wonder though-does the same thing happen on here if someone starts a thread relating to the ZX Spectrum or BBC Micro?

Hahaha! BBC Micro for sure. Spectrum, MSX and Sinclair get a little love here in the States, but not much.

Welcome! Always nice to "see" another TI fan around here, even if you are from the U.K. Be interesting to hear what kind of TI developments, games, uses and stories there are from across the pond! :)

Edited by save2600

Hahaha! BBC Micro for sure. Spectrum, MSX and Sinclair get a little love here in the States, but not much.

Welcome! Always nice to "see" another TI fan around here, even if you are from the U.K. Be interesting to hear what kind of TI developments, games, uses and stories there are from across the pond! :)

No tales from across the pond of any note, except the fact that it was near impossible to find any software or hardware of the shelf here, it took me 3 months to find a cassette lead!, I eventually ended up getting some modules sent from my aunt who lives in new york(Super Demon Attack, Jawbreaker II, TI Invaders and munchman), the only modules I found of the shelf in the UK were-Alpiner,Parsec,Blasto and Defender. I also managed to pick up a TI Hex/Decimal convertor tape(handy for call char codes) and beginers Basic tape. I also eventually found a set of wired controllers and a speech synth.

You can imagine the envy when I would read about the amount of available software and hardware in the U.S.

I recently found a ti99/4a at a thriftshop here in the Netherlands. Unfortunally i didn't find the power supply so i can't test the unit. Also found a mini memory and extended basic cartridge. This was the third ti99/4a i found in the wild. The first one i sold because i didn't have any games for it, the second one had modules but i left it at the thriftshop because it cost way to much.

I only see cartridges at retrofairs so it's pretty uncommon here.