IGNORED

Atari 7800 real stereo surround mod

retromod

Ok have any pics of your stereo conversion? Price install procedure? If not you got a u tube video with a reverb effect. And your a scammer. Scammer meaning one who takes money for people who do f $/k all.

Why do you need pics or prices? And are all people scammer which do not do what you believe must be done? Sound strange and even my little daughter with 3 years have a more advanced vision about that. And if i post a picture do you hear something out of a picture? You are not able to tell someone if even a picture is fake or not.

More than 100 devices are sold last year (again thanks to many modders). Have a look at ebay or simple search for atari audio mod to get pictures and offers of devices containing the mod. Quite simple because all kind of collectors show them on their blogs or tell about the great sound experience. Currently a 2600 woodgrain with that mod is on ebay. I ve sold about 10 devices today and an unknown number of mods via my "workforce" the modders and that is great.

retromod, it's really an issue with how you appear.You can't just register here, and as a new member talk down the work of a longtime member with excellent reputation while advertising your own mods as superior. It's just bad behavior. It leaves a bad impression and hurts your own business.You claim to have sold lots of modded systems... but anyone can say that. Your website is a placeholder. You are a stranger.When you come to a new place, whether it is in real life or in the internet, you should be a bit humble and polite. When you want to do business, you don't want to start off by criticizing someone elses's world. It is YOU who has to prove yourself. The way you behave you are creating a terrible image for yourself. Anyone in marketing or public relations could tell you that you are doing your best to scare potential customers away like this.When you're ew, and you have a product to offer, just do it. Don't talk about others, present your own product. Let the facts speak for themselves, not some comparison. Yurkie was finishing the modding service anyway I believe, so most likely people would have approached you anyway. And if your mods are any good, or better than others the word would spread.Now you are heading into a direction where people won't want your services just because they feel you behave like an asshole. And no, that's no cultural difference, people in Germany would react the same in such a situation. It may be due to the language barrier that you don't really get how your words sound. But even if yo had put it more nicely it would still be a low-blow to someone the people here know and appreciate.Your profile says that you have been developing hard- and software for over 30 years. Which means you can' be very young. It puzzles me how someone of an age where he should have some experience in social interaction can act so clumsy in a new envirement.Atari Age is THE central hub for the very systems you are offering your services for. It is not a good idea to make a bad impression here. Maybe you should just apologize for a bad start, stop the debating and offer your services.

As told is was not my intension to blame someone. I have no business relation here... Why should i the mod sells fine even if atariage world do not know since one year of its existence.

I am guilty if telling people that 249 dollar for a console with wrong declaration (the named system was not fully modded, about 4 mods were missing and those are not from me) seems to be expensive. Why this is a "go" that people are allowed to start personal defarmation to me is unclear. But some people contacted me and ask how it could be that the atari age forum does support that.

If you read the posts carefully you will notice that it seems to be allowed posting personal attacks and my answers are banned even if i only explain technical details to someone. Strange, isn't it?

And it is correct this seems to be a forum not an advertising show for single elements doing business relations and wants not to be disturbed in their activity. Thats the reason i do not do any business in such audience.

I ve just informed that i am a scammer. Thats total ignorance but it is ok, atariage seems to completly out of sync with the atari world. Since one year the mod is sold. Google list by searching stereo surround atari my offers with about 15 entries on the top. The info about is spread on several newsgroups since mid last year. Including coleco and intellivision websites. Sounds strange specially as many offers hit the street within ebay. There was a big discussion about white, black and red atari 2600jr with that mod in the atari collector circle..... Funny, isn't it?

Edited by retromod

As told is was not my intension to blame someone. I have no business relation here... Why should i the mod sells fine even if atariage world do not know since one year of its existence.

I am guilty if telling people that 249 dollar for a console with wrong declaration (the named system was not fully modded, about 4 mods were missing and those are not from me) seems to be expensive. Why this is a "go" that people are allowed to start personal defarmation to me is unclear. But some people contacted me and ask how it could be that the atari age forum does support that.

If you read the posts carefully you will notice that it seems to be allowed posting personal attacks and my answers are banned even if i only explain technical details to someone. Strange, isn't it?

And it is correct this seems to be a forum not an advertising show for single elements doing business relations and wants not to be disturbed in their activity. Thats the reason i do not do any business in such audience.

4 mods were missing ? Is there a guideline of a fully modded colecovision ... and not according to your opinion anyways . You also failed to recognize the skip bios and fully modded controllers as part of his (missing mods) . Who needs some stupid led or whatever else you were speaking of that were missing .. You make no sense at all so you should crawl back to your make believe world with your horrible sounding modded consoles that nobody cares about cause they sound like crap .

4 mods were missing ? Is there a guideline of a fully modded colecovision ... and not according to your opinion anyways . You also failed to recognize the skip bios and fully modded controllers as part of his (missing mods) . Who needs some stupid led or whatever else you were speaking of that were missing .. You make no sense at all so you should crawl back to your make believe world with your horrible sounding modded consoles that nobody cares about cause they sound like crap .

Thanks people like you make my day. It tells me a lot about you. Nevertheless it seems you do not get the real point. Edited by retromod

Yet still you constantly post here about your mods, call yourself "retromod" and put your experience in modding in your profile. This sounds to me like someone wanting attention for his mods, thus business. Hard to believe that you come here and do all that just for fun, with no intention of selling stuff.

I am guilty if telling people that 249 dollar for a console with wrong declaration (the named system was not fully modded, about 4 mods were missing and those are not from me) seems to be expensive.

Exactly. You are guilty of calling someone's product too expensive and inferior, while putting your own as a positive example of how it should be against it. Again, a pretty obvious indication of you being open to doing modding services.

Why this is a "go" that people are allowed to start personal defarmation to me is unclear. But some people contacted me and ask how it could be that the atari age forum does support that.

If you read the posts carefully you will notice that it seems to be allowed posting personal attacks and my answers are banned even if i only explain technical details to someone.

I cannot read any deleted posts. I know from experience that usually Atari Age mods are rather lazy when it comes to moderation and barely ever interfere with anything.

There is plenty of people doing business here. Not in your field maybe, but there are countless hardware and software projects by various people. And it would indeed be wise to do business here too, since if you sold 100 mods in a year just in smaller forums, imagine what you could sell by ofering your services on he premier worldwide hub for the old 8-bit systems. The is not a single forum bigger than this for that stuff I believe, people from all over the world come here. It is the perfect place to do business.

And I still believe you do want to do business; like I said, your name, profile, your constant posting about your mods... it's pretty obvious you want people to know you are doing mod services. AND THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE.

But you have to think of appearances, and that criticizing an established member (even if you are correct) puts you into a bad light. You don't talk negative about others, you let your work speak for itself.

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 1

Thanks people like you make my day. It tells me a lot about you.

It's time to take a couple of steps back, and just lurk the forums for a while, then tread lightly. Bottom line, is, with 66 posts, of which I've probably read most of them, I can't think of anything really useful you've said. I haven't seen any links, besides youtube, I haven't seen any pictures, I haven't seen any positive posts... nothing really worth reading, except for comedy. BTW, the quad and dual monophonic responses were a joke... just like most of this.

• Like 2

Thanks people like you make my day. It tells me a lot about you. Nevertheless it seems you do not get the real point.

No it seems YOU do not get the point. YOU are the new one here, YOU are the one that has been crapping on threads of longtime respected members in this community, YOU are the one complaining that others can not take criticisms when clearly that is all you do is criticize but cannot except it in return, YOU are the one that needs to prove themselves. HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THESE FORUMS HAVE TO TELL YOU THIS (EVEN INCLUDING A MODERATOR) before you realize that the problem is not everybody else IT IS YOU? You are rude, ignorant of others, your attitude SUCKS. Everything 108 Stars stated is correct, You would be well advised to settle down, think about the bad impression you have made here (and continue to make) and decide whether you want to be taken seriously in this community. YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE HERE so stop acting like it.

Continue like this and you will not do well here I can promise you that. You are the stranger here jumping on everyone, crapping in other peoples threads and insulting others who provide console mods. You have already in a very short time pissed of many here and likely already permanently damaged your reputation. Enough is enough, start listening to the advise given by others, regardless if you agree or think you are right most members here have been here a long time and are respected, YOU are NOT and if you continue you never will be. If you don't give a shit (I am getting that impression) do us all a favour and be on your way.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Yet still you constantly post here about your mods, call yourself "retromod" and put your experience in modding in your profile. This sounds to me like someone wanting attention for his mods, thus business. Hard to believe that you come here and do all that just for fun, with no intention of selling stuff.Exactly. You are guilty of calling someone's product too expensive and inferior, while putting your own as a positive example of how it should be against it. Again, a pretty obvious indication of you being open to doing modding services. I cannot read any deleted posts. I know from experience that usually Atari Age mods are rather lazy when it comes to moderation and barely ever interfere with anything. There is plenty of people doing business here. Not in your field maybe, but there are countless hardware and software projects by various people. And it would indeed be wise to do business here too, since if you sold 100 mods in a year just in smaller forums, imagine what you could sell by ofering your services on he premier worldwide hub for the old 8-bit systems. The is not a single forum bigger than this for that stuff I believe, people from all over the world come here. It is the perfect place to do business.And I still believe you do want to do business; like I said, your name, profile, your constant posting about your mods... it's pretty obvious you want people to know you are doing mod services. AND THAT'S PERFECTLY FINE.But you have to think of appearances, and that criticizing an established member (even if you are correct) puts you into a bad light. You don't talk negative about others, you let your work speak for itself.

I am not here to be everybody darling or to fill my sparetime doing conversation.

Sorry to enter something in my profile specially as people complain about empty one. My fault.

You are able to read even banned posts, its quite simple and a bug in the software :).

I repeat i am not interested in modding service, this is done by selected modders.

Please tell me why doing criticism is blaming? Could be only a language barrier. And no i m not very old whatever this means. I started very early at a time these people were called nerds.

As atariage nor members were aware despite the fact google lists me in top order if you enter atari stereo surround keywords and nobody noticed the limited edition discussion at all in atari newsgroups and collector blogs then it seems this site is over age. The announcement for the coleco and intellivision is half a year old. Google is full of pictures about weird atari 2600jr and ebay lists the mod since one year. A dedicated atari website! Btw i sent an announcement half a year ago to the atari age contact address.

I learned a lot today and thanks for it. Some people told me that atariage forum posts are not a good idea and now i know why. Forgive me in disturbing your little worlds and trying to add some value. As 75% of the answers where bashing and defamation it makes really no sense. Atari2600 you are too late the session where people kicking has already started.

But one sentence may reveal the reason why people are so negative about the mod or better the info about it: oldretroschoolgamer you revealed it. The business intension is the key. What happens if i sell the mod cheap together with rgb? Nobody here will do any business anymore! Bad that exactly that will happen outside of atariage and currently at ebay.

And no i do not need more business. The modding is done by selected people and a few for fun by me. The limited edition atari 2600jr version with about 50 models in white, red and black is a good example. I know nobody knows even if other modders worldwide wrote hate mails and posts about that :). I only do development thats really fun in my spare time.

Wish you all a nice weekend.

Edited by retromod

@retromod

And to nobody's surprise I am sure, you have understood nothing that has been told to you and you are the only one wrapped up in your own little world.

Too bad you do not have the ability to take advise, you only seem to want everyone to accept you method of doing things. If this is how you behave your first time on other forums I am amazed you have not realized there is something serious wrong with your attitude. I would guess maybe you came here despite what some people told you about Atariage because you are running out of forums where you are welcome lol. Best of luck in your obviously superior mod business and continued happiness in your world. If you do not come back you wont be missed, next time you should listen to those that warn you about atariage, no doubt they also failed dramatically in becoming good contributing members, this does happen with our standards regarding members and this community lol. No doubt you would be happier over at GameFaqs or Digital Press.

• Like 1

Ok if you enter "atari 2600jr white" in google the second hit show one, despite many others. Can not believe it but now it is clear what went wrong... Lol

@oldgameschoolblabla: do you order the flowers for your post or should i - lol. You are here because nobody cares about you in real world, my asumption if you believe what you wrote. And no atariage is not the middle of earth.... And not THE site for collectors as i ve heared. Now i know why.

Edited by retromod

Google is a weird beast and often turns up different results depending on your location in the world. It's a REALLY good idea to make it as easy as possible for your audience to review your product. Just post direct links next time and don't react every time someone has a doubt. Your job is to prove your worth not disprove others.

Google is a weird beast and often turns up different results depending on your location in the world. It's a REALLY good idea to make it as easy as possible for your audience to review your product. Just post direct links next time and don't react every time someone has a doubt. Your job is to prove your worth not disprove others.

Hey you are the only one since nearly one hour not kicking. Thanks for that.

If someone is interested in something he will find it trust me. But if you must move someone, prepare all then he is not really interested.

Ok I will say it one last time.. are you offering a modding service or selling something?

Or showing us what you can do and thats it?

I sold 100 bags of chips to people at a rink.. big fucking deal.

You expect any serious answer after your kicking? Seriously. Go ahead make my day!

Ok if you enter "atari 2600jr white" in google the second hit show one, despite many others. Can not believe it but now it is clear what went wrong... Lol

@oldgameschoolblabla: do you order the flowers for your post or should i - lol. You are here because nobody cares about you in real world, my asumption if you believe what you wrote. And no atariage is not the middle of earth.... And not THE site for collectors as i ve heared. Now i know why.

LOL! and yet YOU are the one that keeps making post after post, replying and commenting. You continue to proving you are rude and insulting.

Is that the best you can do...REALLY?

"You are here because nobody cares about you in real world" - Wow is that straight from the book of TROLLS? lol Yes, clearly I am not as loved and cared about as you must be "in the real world", so what are you doing wasting all your time here replying to all of us here on atariage? What is your excuse?

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

I wonder which other places dedicated to Atari are as large as Atari Age and have so many contributing members. You don't send info to AA contact, you present your stuff in the forum yourself.

AA is not the small world. When talking Atari it IS the center.

But after all your ignorance I think you are completely unable to deal with normal people. Whatever backwater forums you come from, I'm surprised they keep you with your attitude.