IGNORED

Another VersaBoard Config Test - Or, what else can it do?

CPUWIZ

Hello,

so I coded up some PIC ASM code to do a quick EEPROM read, bit-toggle and EEPROM write, to switch between two 128K games. Both games utilize the RAM, this is where I started freaking out. I bought 100 MDIP 32K SRAM chips a few weeks ago, in anticipation of the new board. Every single one I have tested, creates some artifacting in Sirius. I thought my board is to blame, so I built a hokey MDIP to DIP adapter and used one of the 62256 DIP SRAM chips (which I also bought 100 of, for the MegaCart+ boards). Here is the result...

I wonder what the deal is with the MDIP chips, they are supposed to be the same speed. :?

• Like 1

What? You don't have a chip fab in your garage after all, CPU? And here I thought you were fabricating AMYs in there for your next cart project! #heartbroken

:)

Wait....I know what you'll do next! Get R.O.B. to work with your 7800 carts, or a Sony Aibo, or a retrofitted Tomy Omnibot 2000!

Actually, getting R.O.B. to work with Klax would be pretty funny. And I'm really impressed with what's being done with old Omnibots with the EZ-Robot kits. Check those out on YouTube sometime. Although it doesn't appear anyone's retrofitted an Androbot TOPO with those kits yet...

Edited by Lynxpro

Some more PIC magic. Monitoring an address with the PLD, checking for read and write access and sending two signals to the PIC. The 6502 does a small loop, reading or writing to the same address, to trigger said mechanism. Result is...

That is what I meant by "A Toy", when I added the PIC. ;)

So, if I am undertstanding this correctly, we could have a cart with LEDs perhaps flagging or denoting on screen action. That would be very cool. Warning/Danger/Low fuel/energy - Red. Safe/clear/ample fuel/supply - Green.

Or perhaps differenting flashing LEDs dependent on a weapon being used. Missile you get one color / bomb you get another, etc.

That's all based on if I am understanding what is being demonstrated exactly. :dunce:

• 3 weeks later...