IGNORED

RPG completists

In general: absolutely!!

Unless of course the game is ...lackluster.....then it's a judgement call whether to burn any more time on it.

Most RPGs have stuff thats worth your extra time to find, right off top of my head, FF7 Knights of the Round...

Hell, I'm at the end of Metroid:Fusion on GBA, thankfully I saved just before you're forced up into the main station, so I'm checking every nook and cranny getting all the extras I could not get before

so yeah, I try to "see it all"....why not?

I don't usually, but in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind I've made it my quest to find all of the rare books and add them to my (always growing) library. Plus I'm trying to collect entire suits of armor, all unique items, and keep all of the quest items. Thankfully I've taken over someone's apartment in one of the towns and have enough room for all this stuff.

the games that reward you the most for finding rare stuff sadly cannot be "completed". im talking about Phantasy Star Online. I put in 200 hours, and didnt even dent the rare items list.

I wouldve liked to do everything in Final Fantasy X, but Blitzball pissed me off, and some of those minigames were just too annoying.

I hate wandering around getting in pointless battles simply for the purpose of "levelling"... so I usually explore everywhere I can in case I find some object that makes me more powerful without the tedium of levelling... plus, the wandering usually provides some of the experience without feeling as pointless.

--Zero

I pretty much breeze straight through the games. I like to see what's going to happen next.

I can't think of much I've had to play in the past several years that has required any leveling of the party. FF8 required you to wander around and waste your time drawing spells from stuff, but FF8 also sucked ass.

After I've beaten the game, then I tend to go back and hunt for the bad ass goodies.

The only RPG I was ever a total completist about was FF7. I beat it the first time, then I went back through to get the Golden and Black Chocobos, the Knights of the Round Materia, and beat all the Weapons. The amount of "side quests" you uncover in the process of doing all that is totally insane, but by God I wanted to say I had COMPLETED FF7. Happily, the answer to that question is OH HELL YEAH I DID. :D

When you work through a rpg, do you just have to explore every nook and cranny of the game to get all special items, play all the side-games and do everything before you finish off the game?

No. After I smash the final boss, I immediately move on to the next RPG or else switch the pace with a little GranTurismo, Banjo, or Zelda. There's always a new game I want to try that is more attractive than the sidequests.