IGNORED

*jaw hits floor*

MegaManFan

Hopefully the carts will be available in the AA store after it's over though. I've been meaning to pick up repros/homebrews for a long time.

The plan is to have everything available in our store after the show. However, one or two things may be priced higher in the store, so if you're at the show you'll probably get a better deal. :)

..Al

I'll start looking for spare change around the house....At least these days the games are made available after the classic game shows.

Will the games sold at phillyclassic have a special label saying so(thus making it more of a collectors item for the people that do attend the show)???

However, one or two things may be priced higher in the store, so if you're at the show you'll probably get a better deal.

I agree with that. If you make the effort to get to the show, you *should* get a little something for the effort. And this is coming from someone who can't make it.

Will the games sold at phillyclassic have a special label saying so(thus making it more of a collectors item for the people that do attend the show)???

God, I hope not. Isn't this falling into the "false sense of collectiblity" trap I hear so much about? In the DP Guide and elsewhere, all carts are pretty much equal in the eyes of the collector. SPace Treat from CGE, Space Treat from Hozer, SPace Treat from AA, etc. All pretty much the same. Gets way to confusing elsewise. But if the label says "Philly Release," that's cool. I just don't expect it to be worth more years from now than any other release of the same game.

Oh yeah, I want Space Treat Deluxe too - I've been thinking about getting the original for a long time but this is just icing on the cake. :D

The original is just fantastic! My favorite homebew and has rapidly become one of my all-time fav Atari games. I'm definitely excited about the new version coming along.

sea battle and that sword game finally being sold again!

Any chance these come with manuals?

Yes, they are going to have beautiful, dual-fold, color manuals that you'll be hard pressed to tell from an original M Network manual! They look much nicer than the original release of these games. :) I just proofed both of the manuals yesterday, and these two will be added to our store soon..

..Al

Thanks for the response, Alex. As a collector of boxed games, I make my own boxes for those games that don't have one, including the homebrews. I can understand the trouble and expense involved in mass-producing boxes for all the games you sell.

My suggestion for you would be simply to encourage the developers who sell their games through AtariAge to produce their own boxes for as many games as they intend to sell. If they don't, oh well. Just a nice added bonus.

To answer your question, it would be more important to produce boxes for the original games, like Vault Assault (hint to you, Brian), than it would for hacks, like Adventure Plus, in my opinion. If the games cost a couple dollars more because of the packaging, I'd pay it. But that's me. I'm sure I DO NOT speak for the entire community.

Any other opinions out there?