IGNORED

Possible problem - Bent pins on Light 6er ribbon cable

MAC-42

Oooooh, I've gone and done it.

I picked up a nice little set on eBay: A light sixer and a bunch of controllers and games. (Never had a sixer before, so I thought I'd grab one.) Got a pretty nice deal on it, too. But it was truly filthy, so much so that it was setting of my allergies as well as my wife's. (I saw the picture on eBay showing all the muck all over it and showed it to the missus, sounding very Charlie Brown, and telling her that I thought it needed me. Heh.)

Anyway, I opened it up to give it the really deep cleaning it needed. All went well...until.... Upon trying to remove the ribbon cable that connects the main board to the board with the switches and RF modulator, my fingers slipped as the cable finally gave way and the pins on each end of the cable bent. Complete carelessness on my part in handling it. I might be able to carefully bend one of the pins with tweezers and gentleness as it wasn't too badly bent out of shape, but the second pin was very badly bent. 90º to one side and a bit backwards. I might get lucky, but I'm afraid to tempt fate.

Any suggestions on how to handle this? I don't normally bend pins so spectacularly on the occasions it happens. Thanks.