IGNORED

How many systems have you ditched?

Never have and never will.I can always find something good in every console unlike some people/

I don't think that's it at all. For some people it's space, certainly was for me. I don't like to keep systems or games I'm not going to use. Makes more sense to me to let someone else have it who will get more out of it than I will. My intellivision went to a friend of mine who grew up with it and loves it and plays it a heck of a lot more than I have.

Sometimes someone needs the money and sells a portion of their collection to fund whatever needs arise. I've been down that road before. That's life, and I think your little "dig" there at the end was unnecessary and uncalled for.

Just one...I traded an SNES for a Kenwood reciever and amp. Got bored with the SNES and decided to get rid of it...roommate at the time offered up the Kenwood. I still have it.

I did leave my (our, if you count my brother) Astrocade at my mom's when I moved out but I took my C64 and the ColecoVision.

Edited by frank_c

I forgot about the Sega Dreamcast! I had one brand new when it came out and had a lot of great games for it. Sadly I sold the whole collection a few years ago for dirt cheap. I really regret that one, and would consider getting another one just to play Crazy Taxi and Re-Volt. Hydro Thunder is another one of my favorites. Oh well, maybe someday I'll get another one..

I forgot about the Sega Dreamcast! I had one brand new when it came out and had a lot of great games for it. Sadly I sold the whole collection a few years ago for dirt cheap. I really regret that one, and would consider getting another one just to play Crazy Taxi and Re-Volt. Hydro Thunder is another one of my favorites. Oh well, maybe someday I'll get another one..

I ditched my Dreamcast because I was very disappointed by some games such as "Daytona USA" and "Jet Grind Radio", and I was pissed at Sega dropping support for the system not long after I bought it.

• Like 1

Amiga 1000 too many issues

Amiga 500 cant say why, seemed like a good idea we sold tons of these but just couldnt spend time on it. Maybe if it had been a console rather than a pc

Amiga 600 no compatible enough

CD 32 too much of a hassle to run floppy games

Apple IIc, analog joysticks crappy games

C64 Just could not deal with the buzzy sound chip

SX64 too heavy,small screen

128D pretty much same as c64 dont like SID

Xbox, crappy joystick not many games I wanted to play

Mac SE really just sucked and b/w for games...

Apple II gs not much software

Ti 99/4a poor quality games

PC jr, goofy keyboard and jotsticks

Atari portfolio, neat but really just work stuff

Kindle Fire Cannot stand Amazon

GBA, no backlight hence frustrating to use

SMS poor game quality

NES just never really got into it

3DO not enough games of interest

Odyssey 2 lack of games poor quality

Intellivision liked it, not sure why it's gone

Xbox 360 need to get rid of, nobody played it,bought new with kinect,only have 5 games,just dont care for it

could be some others

Edited by atarian63

Gameboy - No backlit screen, frustrating to use.

All my Tiger handheld crap - They all sucked, gave them to Goodwill, don't miss 'em.

Nintendo DS - Lack of interesting games.

Flashbacks and other plug 'n plays - Took up too much space, lack of interesting games.

PS3 - YLOD.

Not a whole lot that I've ditched and never repurchased.

But my short list I believe includes the N64, always hated the controller for it & too few games I liked.

And a lot of handhelds. GameGear, GBA, Nomad. I just like a big screen; wound up with the GBA and the Nomad mostly playing them on a TV, and then what's the point? :) Replaced both with a Genesis / Snes.

Oh, and this doesn't really count, but the Flashback 1. Bought it NIB for $10 and overpaid. :) Gave it to Goodwill recently. NES on a chip nonsense, terrible controllers, stupid system.

I ended up getting rid of all of my gaming magazines. Had 6+ years of Gamepros, misc mags, and 3+ years of Gameinformer.

Console wise I never sold any of my stuff but I have been considering selling the following if I had to:

VIrtual Boy: Haven't played it in ages...not sure it still works

Game Gear: Fixed it over the summer via cap replacement. Works now.

Tandy CoCo 3: Only reason I'm still holding onto this is due to sentimental reasons since my grandpa gave me it, and some games I own are super expensive and rare from when I looked a few games up. So I guess it's good to have in the collection? Last time I checked Mind Roll was $100 cart only...mine is CIB.

Last time I checked Mind Roll was $100 cart only...mine is CIB.

Mind Roll $100? It's not even worth $10.

To answer the title question, I've never gotten rid of a system, actually! We only had a few when I was a kid, and the ones that disappeared were sold when I went to college. Of those, the only one I haven't bothered to recollect is the Atari 5200.

I've thought about getting rid of most of my NES games, but I'd still want to have the system and a flashcart.

Were those sold listings, or just BINs? People will put a $1000 BIN on a broken CX-40, an empty jewel case, or a duck diaper, but that doesn't mean anything. The only thing that counts on Ebay is sold listings. (And don't get me started on "price charting" websites, which have little basis in reality and are basically a pretext for insane reseller markups.)

• Atari Jaguar - I had been wanting one for quite a while. Then, oh I'd say around 2003 or so, I actually found one brand new in box from a Canadian office supply store. I kid you not....they happened across NOS via liquidation. So I got one for $60 brand new. Killed me though when they shipped it by simply wrapping its retail box in brown paper and throwing it in the mail. Ahhh! Anyway, I collected some games for it, but just never really enjoyed it. When it came time to re-prioritize things in my life, this was one of the first things to go.

Xbox (Original) - This was the biggest thing to go during my 're-priortization' phase in life. I had quite a large collection of games, maybe 50??, along with Steel Battalion! Today I'd probably never get rid of it, but I really needed to for personal reasons, and still am glad I did.

Dreamcast - You know, I kind of wish I hadn't gotten rid of my 'ol Dreamcast. I got a mint in box unit real cheap (maybe $40?) back in 2007 or so. I really enjoyed the games I played on it (especially Skies of Acadia). But I started feeling pretty cluttered with consoles, and my favorite games for the system (Ikaruga, Rez, Skies of Acadia, Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi) were all available for other systems.

Atari 5200 - I had this idea that if you included unreleased games, the 5200 was the ultimate arcade machine. So I was going to get all the Pac-Man games and others and just have a great arcade console But....after getting Best re-built joysticks and copies of Pac Jr and Super Pac (which didn't work on my 4-Port unit!), I just wasn't feeling it. I did like my Pengo cart, and even today that's the game I miss most. But I have actual nostalgia for the 7800 since I bought one with my paper route money as a kid, so I've made that my arcade console instead.

PlayStation - I almost don't count this....a buddy game me his once he had moved onto the PS2. I'm not even sure I ever used it.

Pretty much all the earlier post crash consoles. I can't go back and play the most systems from 84-88 with the only exceptions being and Master System so i got rid of most of them about a decade or so back, and just now starting to recollect them recently. The first I ditched was TG16/PC Engine. The last one has some good games but wow... And if you get into japanese library it's even more bizzare/poor.

Were those sold listings, or just BINs? People will put a $1000 BIN on a broken CX-40, an empty jewel case, or a duck diaper, but that doesn't mean anything. The only thing that counts on Ebay is sold listings. (And don't get me started on "price charting" websites, which have little basis in reality and are basically a pretext for insane reseller markups.)

I think they were BIN's...not sure if they sold Mind Roll for $100.

Oh yes, I've done this before.

Gizmondo: Not the awful handheld it's made out to be, but a small selection of mostly obscure European games guaranteed its removal from my collection.

Neo-Geo AES and CD: One's too slow to use, the other is a nightmare to collect for due to its obscene price. Commons cost $20,the rarities are OH SWEET MERCY HOW MUCH!? Nuts to that!

Virtual Boy: Yeah, I don't have to explain this one.

Nomad: A disaster of titanic proportions. The screen looks awful, the machine needs a nuclear generator to power it, and carts loosen from the slot at the worst possible times. Makes an AtGames handheld look top-class.

Fairchild Channel F: Never worked right, and as a system it was never that great (sorry Mr. Lawson!)

Astrocade: My favorite of the systems I sacrificed. It had a bitchin' port of Wizard of Wor but I needed the money bad.

• Like 2