IGNORED

INTV "Super Pro System" ?

Bald_Bull_jr

There is an INTV for sale locally along with a pile of (what I believe to be?) common games. All games seem to have their overlays and manuals, as well.

My question is, whats with the 'Super Pro' bit on the console? I have owned a few INTVs over the years, and not seen this particular lettering on any of them.

Thanks for any and all help!

@ Steve

The INTV 3 has no detachable controllers? Gosh, I always thought so and often thought about buying this system just because of that fact. Thanks for enlighting me about that.

They're connected the same way as the original 2609. :/ Interestingly, there is a great variety in the keypads they used - some are the original gold, some are black with silver and 'tactile', some are completely flat.

My theory is that INTV Corp. could sell more Intellivision consoles, but couldn't get the custom parts for Intellivision II in price/quantity that was satisfactory. There must have been enough of the 2609-style stuff that they could get from parts providers to be able to still build and sell at a profit.

The last INTV console that I repaired appeared to have an refurbished Master Component board inside it (it had a 1983 date code on it, as I recall). I suppose an earlier owner could have swapped out the board, but I suspect that some of the parts that went into INTV's consoles came from Mattel's spare parts department.