IGNORED

Mega STe reset button

Charlie_

Tonight I pressed the reset button on the side on my Mega STe and the button stayed in.

It did not pop back out like it should. I was able to use a small screw driver and get the button to pop back out so the system works but I can't use the button anymore as it will stay in again.

Anyone have any info on a replacement reset button?

I broke off my reset button from my MegaSTE by accident one time too. I bought a replacement from Best Electronics. I can't remember how much it was thought, but I think it was around $5-$10.

Ok. Excellent. I didn't know if they would have something like a button. Good to know. Thanks. I will email them.

Having taken a Mega STe to bits on a few occasions, I can say the reset button is a pain in the arse (part of a long running and ultimately failing bid to get a Mega STe back up and running). It might be worth taking the shielding off and having a look at the switch more closely. It's quite a tight fit between it and the casing and it may well have bent slightly. There is a spring that is meant to push the button back out. This might have snagged on something or has worn out. If you pull on the plastic part of the button it should come off (although you may want to support the switch on the other side, so it doesn't put strain on the soldering). You should then be able to inspect more closely. To get the motherboard out you have to remove this plastic part, as the motherboard can't be removed with it in.

Having taken a Mega STe to bits on a few occasions, I can say the reset button is a pain in the arse (part of a long running and ultimately failing bid to get a Mega STe back up and running). It might be worth taking the shielding off and having a look at the switch more closely. It's quite a tight fit between it and the casing and it may well have bent slightly. There is a spring that is meant to push the button back out. This might have snagged on something or has worn out. If you pull on the plastic part of the button it should come off (although you may want to support the switch on the other side, so it doesn't put strain on the soldering). You should then be able to inspect more closely. To get the motherboard out you have to remove this plastic part, as the motherboard can't be removed with it in.

Thanks for the info.

I was able to open the case and works the button a little bit with a tweezers, a few drops of WD-40 and it seems to be working well again.

The plunger has some play up and down so I think it maybe worn a bit. I'll order a spare switch from Best. and it keep it on hand.

If the plunger of the reset switch acts up again I'll replace it. For now it works good..