IGNORED

Wanted: TRS-80 COCO Game cartridges

eightbit

Well, since I just purchased a Coco3 from a forum member and have nothing to go with it, I am looking for some game cartridges. Anything really. A lot or a little. Or one or two. I remember playing Thexder on cart when I was a kid, Poltergeist, and some other odd games. I'd like to own them again. Whatever you have. PM me!

• Like 1

Good Luck.

I've been looking for some as well.

Nobody around here ever seems to have any carts for the coco.

I have about 20 carts, only 1 spare/extra, it is an Activision Shanghai cartridge.

(and hanging onto that one as a trade)

Ebay has them all the time mind you, but it's slim pickens & high prices.

The CoCo cartridges are pretty hard to find. Even in the giant lot of CoCo stuff I picked up a few months ago, there were only a few cartridges. However, there was a TON of software on tape and disk (mostly subscription software). It seems a lot of the original CoCo users approached software purchases the same way. You can get some of the older cassette games pretty cheap in Ebay lots, so it's worth looking for a working Tandy/Radio-Shack cassette drive (CCR-81, CCR-82, etc.). Many of the best games were on cassette anyway (like Donkey King and other software titles produced at Tom Mix). Or try out ROM images and load them up to the CoCo via a PC or iPod...

I did find Dungeons of Daggorath mixed in with an Atari 5200 system/games at an antique store the other day, but the seller thought it went with the 5200 and wouldn't sell it separately... sigh...

Edited by Retro-Z
  • Like 1

I found my Thexder (and some others) thanks to a nice forum member :)

Yeah, I imagine these carts are hard to find because of the above (people using tapes and disks instead) AND the fact that you could only buy these at local Radio Shack locations. At least that is how it was in my area. Our local Radio Shack had a decent selection, and Thexder was the first game (or "rom pak") I ever purchased. I think Poltergeist was the second one.

While I found my first game (and a few others) I will be actively looking for more. So, PM me with what you have!

Edited by eightbit