IGNORED

Koffi and Adventure 2 pre-orders

Cafeman

Hello, all.

I am trying to determine how many carts I need to make for both Koffi: Yellow Kopter and Adventure II.

As a refresher course, both are Atari 5200 Homebrews that will be finished in 2002 sometime. Both are 32K games. Assuming each game will cost form $25 to $35 dollars (I'm not sure yet, depends on a number of things), if you will be interested in purchasing either of these, please email me at Cafegarcon@msn.com. Please only email if you are very sure you'll want to buy one. Note that this is a one-time deal, I'm only manufacturing carts one time.

Emailing me is not an official order, but when it comes time for the actual order, you bet the pre-order people come first.

If you want Koffi, put "Koffi preorder" in the header.

If you want Adventure II, put "Adventure II" in the header.

If you want one of each, send separate emails, one for each.

--------------------------

Also, if you are an Atari 5200 homebrew author and you are interested in getting some PCB's -- email me about PCB's, we'll talk. I believe if all of us 5200 homebrew guys order PCB's from the same place and split the cost, that it won't be all that expensive and it seems far easier than modifying old PCBs from commons.

------------------

Especially for Koffi, I need to know if there is sufficient interest, or else I won't make any. Adventure II will be made no matter what, since we have a 3-man team working on that one.

Thanks!

I got about 10 emails at my work email addy. One said that the "Cafegarcon@msn.com" email got returned -- I just tested it, it works again.

Perhaps MSN or Hotmail had an outage or something last night.

Please send to Cafegarcon@msn.com. If anyone continues to get an error/return on that email addy, report it here please. Shouldn't be a prob.

You can put me down for Koffi...I'll wait on Adventure II to see how it pans out.

My suggestion to ensure that these pre-orders actually translate to sure sales...start accepting the money up front via Paypal or money order. It may be beneficial for you because who knows how many of these people who claim they'll buy will actually open their wallets when the time comes to pay.

Thanks for the concern Adrian, but I don't want to accept a dime until I have the product closer to completion.

The classic gaming / Atari community are typically people like myself, not out to screw anybody. I hope I'm not being naive by trusting the emailers at their word.

Once again I thank you all for the response & support -- this is fun, making games! I hope the games live up to you expectations!

Hey Chazbeenhad -- I'm still waiting for those Nava Koffi thoughts of yours!

@cafeman:

Hey, sorry I've been really busy!

Koffi was great! The games motion was smooth and control was very resposive. Of course as the game was not finished I couldnt do much. I bounced off the bottom of the trees a bit and saved a few animals. I couldnt figure out how to get any water to stop the fire.... maybe that wasnt in there yet? I liked the style of the graphics. Both boards looked very nice.

I hope you add some nice sound. To me sound makes classic games great.

How do you plan to make the game progress as far as difficulty? Will the forest burn faster? I'd like to see the cloud chase you as your trying to get water.....

I guess I'll use this post to comment on castle blast as well. :-)

This is going to be a fun game as well. I only have a few suggestions. When the player fires to break the castle bricks, you have to hit them in the center or the bricks dont break. This is fine, I would suggest a kind of thud sound when the bricks dont break. This audio que would let the player know right away to scoot over a bit.

I also noticed hit detection on the player wasnt working right, I was clearly getting hit to the very left or right of the player and didnt die.

As it stands right now it's very easy. I would have the missles shooting down speed up a lot. Also I would suggest every 3-4 shots the castle takes at the player be right above him, to force him to move.

Well thats all for now. :-) Its been a couple of weeks, and ive been swamped with things to do. SO if you have questions like "what did ya think about this?" just ask away. :-)

Charlie

Wow, Nava wasn't that long ago, but that was an old version of Koffi. Back then, you'd have bounced off the top cloud to get water, although there was no indicator to show you had any. ANd you could press the button anywhere on the screen to cause the fire to retreat.

That was before I got raindrops in. Now, Koffi must catch the rain drops to get water, and you can see how much water you have and you can easily tell where on-screen the douse can be activated (over the fire).

Koffi's increasing difficulty -- how? I'm not sure. I think I want the fire and water elements to stay kind of constant, but throw in more obstacles -- lightning, a smarter Pyro, a 2nd fireball, etc.

As far as sounds ... I'm trying to get some good sounds in the game. I'm taking my time and experimenting because I really don't have a clue what I'd like Koffi to sound like -- bg music? hum of his rotors? what sound effects to use for catching rain/dousing/animals? Maybe I can use debug mode and rip off the sounds from other games ....

Hi Charlie,

Sorry to reply on other's thread, but anyway:

I only have a few suggestions. When the player fires to break the castle bricks, you have to hit them in the center or the bricks dont break. This is fine, I would suggest a kind of thud sound when the bricks dont break. This audio que would let the player know right away to scoot over a bit.

Agreed. I'm in the process of addressing that issue. I must admit that it is quite annoying to shoot at the castle shield, hear the hit sound (and get a point) when nothing actually changes on the screen...

I also noticed hit detection on the player wasnt working right, I was clearly getting hit to the very left or right of the player and didnt die.

Correct. The missiles are currently being earased off the screen a bit too early (before the HW actually detects the collision with the player). I'll have to fix that in the final polishing phase of the game.

As it stands right now it's very easy. I would have the missles shooting down speed up a lot. Also I would suggest every 3-4 shots the castle takes at the player be right above him, to force him to move.

Great idea! Also quite easy to implement. Definitely a must! Will do.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments,

OG.