IGNORED

Anyone Have a Win98SE Boot Floppy?

TPA5

Hey folks,

Working on getting my retro DOS gaming machine running, but I need a boot floppy for Win98SE. I don't really have a way to make one here, just wondering if anyone has a floppy they'd be willing to part with, or even perhaps borrow so I can get Windows 98 running?

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I got it sorted!

Edited by TPA5

I agree. If you are working on older systems it is worth it to pick up a newer computer (Pentium 4 era) with a floppy drive for things like this. I have a Dell P4 2.8ghz with a floppy that I use for all types of things (disk images, ST images, etc). You can probably find one of these for dirt cheap or free if you look around. I got mine for free.

• Like 1

That's not a bad idea, I'll look into it, thanks!

I agree. If you are working on older systems it is worth it to pick up a newer computer (Pentium 4 era) with a floppy drive for things like this. I have a Dell P4 2.8ghz with a floppy that I use for all types of things (disk images, ST images, etc). You can probably find one of these for dirt cheap or free if you look around. I got mine for free.

That's a good idea, I got a place I could get one for pennies probably. Thanks!

I always look out locally on Craigslist for this kind of stuff. If you can't find anything and need a bootdisk or two made, just supply me with the blank floppy disks and return shipping and I'll do it for you as well.

Thanks mate, as it would have it I got a couple HP DX2000 machines for 10$ a piece from the local fire department, they were getting rid of old workstations. Luckily, they have floppy drives so looks like I'm set for making a boot disk!

Good show! I speak to so many people that just "dump" their older computers. "It isn't worth anything" is all I hear. Well, it is worth a lot to someone utilizing the items contained. I use this old system of mine with Drivewire on the Coco (thanks to a dedicated serial port) and use it to make ST disks (thanks to the compatible floppy controller). People just do not realize what they have!

Good show! I speak to so many people that just "dump" their older computers. "It isn't worth anything" is all I hear. Well, it is worth a lot to someone utilizing the items contained. I use this old system of mine with Drivewire on the Coco (thanks to a dedicated serial port) and use it to make ST disks (thanks to the compatible floppy controller). People just do not realize what they have!

That is so true. I don't horde, but for some reason when it comes to tech, especially older tech, I can't help myself. If someone's just going to toss something, I try to save it and re-purpose it. Even if its piecing together a computer and donating it to someone who could use one. People don't think about it, but the computers they're tossing out could easily be giving a little love and donated to someone who needs it.