IGNORED

WTB official Sega-made Genesis 1/SMS 1 composite AV cable

TheGameCollector

All I see on ebay and Amazon are the newer 3rd party cables. Anyone who has an original one that Sega manufactured and sold for use with the Master System 1 or Genesis 1 and would like to sell it, I can pay with paypal. Shipping would be within United States and I am ok with bubble mailers and cheapest shipping for something like this.

If you have a price in mind let me know. Otherwise just let me know you have one and I'll make an offer you can haggle with.

I have a few of these I think. The one I currently have in my hand looks different than yurkies. His has red and whites like what an n64 av looks like w/them being round w/the circles going around. Mine has 4 squares on the red and whites just as the black portion does. I'm 99 percent sure mine came with a master system, maybe yours is a genesis?

As far as price, I would totally buy an aftermarket one for $7 shipped it it was me.

Are you planning on purchasing it for collector purposes (to have the official cable) or just because you are dissatisfied with the third party options out there? If the latter, you are not alone. I found the official cable too costly for a cable myself, and did not like the cheapie cables sold today. Solution? Vintage computer cables. You can find old Commodore and Atari 5-Pin DIN cables (the types with four connectors) and two will always be for the Genesis video and audio in my experience. I use one of these on my Genesis model 1 and it looks fantastic...and it is a solid vintage well built cable.

• Like 1