IGNORED

where to get games

metzger130

I collect the games to play, now certain ones I want to have regular copies of because I also like the feel of puting in a cartridge everytime I play a different game, I know that might sound weird to some people, but when it comes down to it, if I want to play the games I will have to buy the atarimax somtime as some games are just to expensive to justify buying to play. Now I know some people want every original cart and will buy them no matter what price, and sometimes in box, but I just like to play the games, but also want some regular carts to say "this is what we used to have to do everytime we wanted to play a gnew game, and that was quite often!

I was wondering about the homebrew items. I know they try and sll copies and all but the ones that are out of carts and no longer in production, can you get those and put them on the atarimax? I don't want to sound cheap but there are a lot out there that are not available anymore and look like al ot of fun to play and if you can get the rom to put on the atarimax it would be even better as I see constant games coming out for this system.

Edited by metzger130

daniel gives all his games freely you just have to go to his website. There is a topic at top of colecovision forum that will give you all the websites.

pixelboy gave a lot of his old releases a rom distribute but they are in some threads that you will have to search for.

go to collectorvisions website and be a member to get some games.

Cut your looses and buy the Ultimate SD. MOst CV carts are worth almost nothing retail and several of the best easily pay for the ultimate SD...plus you get the Mario Bros. homebrew rom free, a fantastic port I was a part of several years back.

If you own a Wii... Don't hesitate and install the Homebrew Channel and the Colecovision emulator, it's really fantastic! Even Turbo is emulated and can be played with the stick :grin:

Let's face it, most Coleco controllers are out of service today, some are unplayable... The Wii joystick is a good atlernative and it's really fun to play (except for the keypad)

Everything is here:

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiColEm

The first thing that I did when I got back into the retrogaming scene here on AtariAge (well, never really left, but emulation was good enough for a long time) was to read through all the threads here in the ColecoVision & ADAM Forum as well as the Classic Gaming Forum. This is a time consuming endeavor, but the education you will receive about the ColecoVision and everything that has gone on and been made available is priceless.

• Like 2

I went to the atarimax site to check it out and it says "preorder priceing until 2-28-14. Does this mean that they are only available certain times and have to wait for it to come up again before I could order one int he future?

Yes the website says that, and a month ago its said the pre order was at the end of January IIRC, then it changed to febuary. I just got one before Feb 28th and didnt have any problems, prices will stay the same or close to. You should be good to go to order it, I doubt you'll have to wait. I think they're built on a per customer type basis but there may be a couple built aready. Just email Steve there and ask if its available, i hate to be wrong on this..

Personally I want every single ColecoVision cart in my collection, im up to over 60 and have at least antoher 60 to go before having a somewhat complete cart Library (i only have just a few CIB's). I'll complete it someday but until then, the SD cart saved my wallet on those carts I dont have for now.. at least I can play them. I just wish I would have got them all about 10 years ago when everything was still pretty cheap. Thats what I get for leaving the scene for a while.. oh well.

I have noticed, and been told by others how all retrogaming systems and games have gone up in the past few years. Not sure if it's all of us that grew up with them now wanting them again so prices are going up or why. Really wish i would have got into it 10 or so years ago too, probablly would have been much cheaper then.

• Like 1

I have noticed, and been told by others how all retrogaming systems and games have gone up in the past few years. Not sure if it's all of us that grew up with them now wanting them again so prices are going up or why. Really wish i would have got into it 10 or so years ago too, probablly would have been much cheaper then.

Believe me, it wouldn't have made a difference. :-D

I may have picked up some goodies at decent prices ten years ago, but I didn't collect for everything -- who does?-- and have had to put up with high prices as I've expanded into other systems.

I think games and systems are becoming more expensive for three reasons:

a) these things are disappearing into dumps and landfills at a record rate; you can't simply expect to find a decent stash at garage sales anymore.

b) quality is improving. It's fair to ask $60 or so for a decent game with box and manuals. It would have been rare to find that ten years ago.

c) Economies of scale.

d) More collectors and gamers popping up all the time. I believe more and more people are getting nostalgic and digging out their old systems. People are wanting new games to play or replacing ones from the past that they no longer own.

The homebrew scene was practically non existent with the exception of a few (DigitalPress, Kevin H, John D, etc..) when I first started into this hobby and now its blown up big time compared to just a few years ago. The scene is booming now, especially this year with CollectorVision. :-D Too bad i didn't get those games back then, I wasn't even fully aware of them and were difficult to get. Hindsight is 20-20..

Many variables there .. But there are still great deals out there today if you know where to look, have patience and/or get lucky. Cant wait to hit garage sales and flea markets when its nicer outside! :) We're almost there

I am happy to say that yurkie was able to get 1 of my systems working so now I have a working system, had him a/v mod it, and I can now buy games knowing that I will have something to play on! Now I just have to make sure I don't spend a lot of money on games that I save some for other expenses. lol

• 2 weeks later...