IGNORED

Scott Adams text adventures

john-m

I downloaded some 16meg disk images that were called DISK1, DISK2,etc.

They are set up for use with PicoDos with menus.

On one of them are some text adventures I would like to play on my Atari.

But I do not know the passwords for each game to be able to play them.

Can anyone help me out with a list of the games and password required to play each one?

Or am I asking too much?

I was planning on playing them with the Altirra emulator.

I downloaded some 16meg disk images that were called DISK1, DISK2,etc.

They are set up for use with PicoDos with menus.

On one of them are some text adventures I would like to play on my Atari.

But I do not know the passwords for each game to be able to play them.

Can anyone help me out with a list of the games and password required to play each one?

Or am I asking too much?

I was planning on playing them with the Altirra emulator.

I don't think those games require a password. Just start playing. U, D, N, E, S, W 'GET STONE' 'DROP AXE', etc. Here's a sollution to Scott Adams Adventureland Game #1

AND a hints list .zip

ADVLAND.TXT

aihints.zip

john-m, if you are talking about the bit about X, L, R set margins... S to Stop, this was for the benefit of owners of old TVs that overscanned badly to allow the margins to be pulled inward.

If you don't need to adjust the margins (and I'm sure you don't) just type S then press ENTER. The games should start.

The old Scott Adams adventure tapes (16K) for the ATari brings back good memories. I learned English while playing these text-only adventure games. As I am a native Dutch speaker, i had to use a English-Dutch dictionary a lot for these games. Hihi.

Some SA adventures where 2 parts. Like Arrow of Death pt1 and pt2. The second part needed a password, that was given when you finished part 1. Most Sa adventures do NOT need a password to play. Reason for using the pasword, was that 16K was the memory these old adventures used, and they had to split them somtimes in 2 parts.

concerning the half graphic , half text, do you mean the Questprobe series ? The Hulk, etc ?

Page 6 disk #34 The Adventurer's Companion has solutions for a few of these games. I completed Adventureland and I think Mystery Fun House was perhaps an easier one too :)

>>>

Possibly the most useful disk you can buy if you are stuck on an adventure! Complete solutions to some of the more popular adventures with a unique 'walk through' system that allows you to step through each instruction without learning too much about the adventure. Work through to the point where you are stuck, get the next Instruction and try again. Unlike written help you can't learn more than you want to. Complete solutions to the following adventures - DEADLINE, WITNESS, MYSTERY FUN HOUSE, PYRAMID OF DOOM, GHOST TOWN, PIRATE ADVENTURE, MISSION ASTEROID, INFIDEL, HITCHHIKERS GUIDE, MASK OF THE SUN, CUTTHROATS.

<<<

• 3 months later...