IGNORED

3D Games

LTO sells a pair of 3-D glasses that are compatible with Hover Force (or at least based on that technology. It's not the Red/Blue glasses). They're really cheap ($2.50), wondering now why I never picked them up...

I wonder if anybody has gotten them and tried them out?

LTO sells a pair of 3-D glasses that are compatible with Hover Force (or at least based on that technology. It's not the Red/Blue glasses). They're really cheap ($2.50), wondering now why I never picked them up...

I wonder if anybody has gotten them and tried them out?

I did and they do work.

I Did the 3D test on my TV. Apparently you cannot select 'Simulated 3D' unless the signal comes over an HDMI port. Now to find an RF to HDMI converter or AV to HDMI (I have an AV modded Intellivision II).

I did and they do work.

I Did the 3D test on my TV. Apparently you cannot select 'Simulated 3D' unless the signal comes over an HDMI port. Now to find an RF to HDMI converter or AV to HDMI (I have an AV modded Intellivision II).

I bet the newer fancier home theater receivers do that if they support composite inputs. Or, I wonder... if you had a capture card in a PC, then took the HDMI out from your video card or PC motherboard....

Edited by intvsteve

I bet the newer fancier home theater receivers do that if they support composite inputs. Or, I wonder... if you had a capture card in a PC, then took the HDMI out from your video card or PC motherboard....

I did not think to hook it up to the receiver. I'll give that a try tonight. I have one that has 3D pass through.

Are they ChromaDepth! I have found that these do turn things to 3D by bringing some colors forward. You can make art that exaggerates this effect but it works on many other images as well. You can find 5 packs on EBay. My wife and use them for her Meditation Mandalas. You don't need them for use but the do add a lot to the experience. We do not sell pycho-reactive substances to go with the Luminators. :-)

Come on designers, let's bring intellivison into the 21's century? :-)

http://luminator.net

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChromaDepth

I did not think to hook it up to the receiver. I'll give that a try tonight. I have one that has 3D pass through.

So your TV has built-in "upconversion" to 3D for any signal? Kewl. I just missed that boat on that being a built-in feature, so TV requires 3D from the source HDMI signal. The BD playback apps I use on my HTPC have an 'upconvert to 3D' feature but I think it's only for BD playback. Never explored any other avenues.