IGNORED

What do you guys think?

jetset

Ok, so I'm thinking of starting up my Atari collection again. Someone I know through my job is selling 18 games for $60 bucks (I bet I can get that down to 50) Here are the games:

Canyon Bomber/Atlantis/River Raid/ET/Donkey Kong/Chopper Command/Maze Craze/Breakout/Combat/Joust/Missile Command/Warlords/Pengo/Super Breakout/Space Invaders/Haunted House/Video Pinball/Star Raiders.

I know, nothing spectacular, but for about 3. bucks a cart I think it sounds like a pretty good deal?

Try to get him to sell the Pengo for $3.00, then buy the rest on ebay for a fraction of what he's asking. Just don't tell him about the rarity of Pengo if he doesn't know.  ;)

Dude, there's no reason to snow him. It's not like he couldn't find out it's a 6 just by looking here on AA since he's already on the site anyway. But I think $15 for it would be a fair offer. I've bought two 6's and a 7 for $30 before from an AAer.

No need to be an ass and try to snow the guy. That's lame. Just tell him you looked into it and offer $15 for the Pengo (what I would pay), and then maybe $15 for the rest. If he balks, just tell him that you know you can get the rest of those games for UNDER $15, but you really want the games and are willing to chip in extra for the deal. If he still balks, skip it. I can hook you up with pretty much EVERYTHING there, sans Pengo, for well under 15.

Be honest and be fair. :)

Ok,  so I'm thinking of starting up my Atari collection again.  Someone I know through my job is selling 18 games for $60 bucks (I bet I can get that down to 50) Here are the games:

Canyon Bomber/Atlantis/River Raid/ET/Donkey Kong/Chopper Command/Maze Craze/Breakout/Combat/Joust/Missile Command/Warlords/Pengo/Super Breakout/Space Invaders/Haunted House/Video Pinball/Star Raiders.  

I know,  nothing spectacular,  but for about 3. bucks a cart I think it sounds like a pretty good deal?

$60 sounds pretty steep. I'm sure it would be somewhat worth the price due to Pengo. However, most of the other carts can be had for cheaper than that. I'd definitely go after the Pengo separately and then look for commons on AtariAge. I have several games I'm looking to part with if you're interested. They're mostly common games.

Try to get him to sell the Pengo for $3.00, then buy the rest on ebay for a fraction of what he's asking. Just don't tell him about the rarity of Pengo if he doesn't know.  ;)

Dude, there's no reason to snow him. It's not like he couldn't find out it's a 6 just by looking here on AA since he's already on the site anyway. But I think $15 for it would be a fair offer. I've bought two 6's and a 7 for $30 before from an AAer.

I think our friend is the one getting snowed if he pays $50 or $60 for commons, sans Pengo. Besides, I was just kidding anyway. ;)

Are these boxed or unboxed? That'd make a huge difference to me.

The other thing to factor in is shipping, if you buy online. Especially if you have to buy from multiple sources.

Anyway, you can always start low, and negotiate with him. Say, two bucks per game for the lot. If he balks, then see if he'll just sell you Pengo for a few bucks, and whatever other games you really want.

Actually, most of those games I dont have. I know they go fairly cheap for the "common" carts and that Pengo is somewhat rare. The thing is I dont have to pay for shipping or anything like that. It's just someone trying to get a few bucks for some leftover games they have. Only three of those are dups of what I already have. I'll probably shoot for $50 or maybe even $40 for all. Now if I can just find a good price to bribe the wife into allowing me to spend the money..... :ponder: She doesnt get why I want to buy old Atari when I have an Xbox in the house.

Women!!!!!

Now if I can just find a good price to bribe the wife into allowing me to spend the money..... :ponder:  She doesnt get why I want to buy old Atari when I have an Xbox in the house.  

I think I have the answer, show her the AA forums, and the unusually high number of female members for a video gaming forum, and then openly wonder what it would be like to date a woman who is interested in Atari. :twisted:

Ouch! video-game wench envy huh? Actually my wife's pretty cool about it. Part of the problem is I bought a dreamcast for the emulation. A good friend of mine made me a 2600 disk. I didnt realize how much it sucked on the Dreamcast. The games play, but only about 50% work very well.

SO after that 30 bucks, Ill get the old whine about spending money and "are you actually gonna use it this time" crap.

Ahhhh to be single again! :D