IGNORED

Albert you have GREAT timing :)

MegaManFan

Allow me to present to the AtariAge community my 399th and 400th Atari 2600 carts/games.

399 is on the left, 400 is on the right

And yes, the one on the right is a working game. Label design by CPUWIZ, so let's give credit where credit is due. :D Oh and the game was created using Cropsy's Hangman Hack, so I can't forget to thank him! :D

A closeup of #400

The top label of #400

The end label of #400

Incidentally I know those pictures are grainy, but I tried making scans and the TWAIN acquire on my wife's PC isn't working; I'm too lazy to move the scanner in the office, unplug the printer from my other computer, plug in the scanner instead and boot it up. WIZ I hope you still have scans on your PC of the originals just in case we ever need to make another print. :D

I sure do, in fact it's over 100 megabytes big.  :D

I'm sure my scan would have been similarly large. :D

Thanks  :)

No thank YOU! Without you I'd never have reached #400, let alone had it be such a crowning achievement - a true one of a kind (at least I don't plan to have more made) original cart celebrating both Atari and Mega Man at a very auspicious point in my collection. What could be better?

So, just what in the heck is #400?

It's Hangman, but not quite. All of the words on the list are characters and bosses from Mega Man 1 - 7. Bright, Toad, Heat, Flash, Quick, Metal, et cetera. Even Yamato made the list. :D The Hangman graphic is a Man, which I prefer to think of as a Mega Man. :D

Awesome, I'm glad the carts arrived!  The Mega Man Fan label looks great, very cool. :)

..Al

I can take no credit other than the fact I mentioned how a "Mega Man Fan" cart would be cool, since I envied Adrian's custom Atari cart in her avatar, in a random response to a post. CPUWIZ saw that, took the ball and ran with it. All I needed was a cart to apply it to and after months of looking for a spare Megamania and giving up, the opportunity came along to create a Mega Man Hangman and knowing you could burn it for me I just couldn't pass this up. :D

Re, Steve

So, just what in the heck is #400?

It's Hangman, but not quite. All of the words on the list are characters and bosses from Mega Man 1 - 7. Bright, Toad, Heat, Flash, Quick, Metal, et cetera. Even Yamato made the list. :D The Hangman graphic is a Man, which I prefer to think of as a Mega Man. :D

That is SO kick ass. Why'd you stop at 7? I, in fact, would like to have a copy of that, but I'd go so far as to include Mega Man 8, Rockman & Forte, and as many of the X ones I could - things like Split (Mushroom), Chill (Penguin), etc.

I don't suppose you'd consent to letting me use the label, would you? :ponder:

That is SO kick ass. Why'd you stop at 7?

Sheer necessity. Beyond 7, it's no longer practical. Look at the names of the bosses from the X games onward, and the majority are easily longer than six characters. Unless someone invents a Hangman with a bigger width of legible letter display, that's the best I can do. I even had to cheat on Pharoah man and call him Pharoh instead. :(

That is SO kick ass. Why'd you stop at 7?

Sheer necessity. Beyond 7, it's no longer practical. Look at the names of the bosses from the X games onward, and the majority are easily longer than six characters. Unless someone invents a Hangman with a bigger width of legible letter display, that's the best I can do. I even had to cheat on Pharoah man and call him Pharoh instead. :(

Then what did you do for Bizzard Man? I'm not trying to be critical - as I said I LOVE the idea and want one for myself. You could have also easily done Mega Man 8 - Clown, Aqua, Tengu, Search, Sword, Astro, Frost; you'd have to drop Grenade Man, but that's it. And Megaman & Bass - Magic, Pirate, and Dynamo.all fit... I know Tengu and Astro Man are in it, and I can't remember the others right now.

I DID do up a list of words including those from the X games I'm planning on using for a game of my own. It's not complete yet as I haven't added the characters from the Game Boy MM's like, the planet bosses from MMV, for example.

Then what did you do for Blizzard Man?

BLIZZ, I think.

I'm not trying to be critical - as I said I LOVE the idea and want one for myself. You could have also easily done Mega Man 8 - Clown, Aqua, Tengu, Search, Sword, Astro, Frost; you'd have to drop Grenade Man, but that's it.

I think the other reason I left out 8 is because it's not a Nintendo game, it's a PSX/SAT game. For some reason I decided to stick to "spirit of the retro" and have names from vintage cart based MM games on a vintage Atari cart. That's the best excuse I can give you. :D

And Megaman & Bass - Magic, Pirate, and Dynamo.all fit... I know Tengu and Astro Man are in it, and I can't remember the others right now.

Okay, so it is possible to get more names in than I did. All that means is that if you have Albert burn you a cart, yours will be a different version than mine. That's probably for the best, since I can still enjoy the uniqueness of my version as one-of-a-kind, a "Mega Man Fan" Hangman. :D

I DID do up a list of words including those from the X games I'm planning on using for a game of my own. It's not complete yet as I haven't added the characters from the Game Boy MM's like, the planet bosses from MMV, for example.

There's one other reason my list only covered 1-7 - my sheer excitement at the prospect of getting it burned to a cart so I could apply CPUWIZ's spiffy label to it sped up the process. The fact it turned out to be the 400th cart in my collection is sheer coincidence but one heck of a good one. ;)

I think the other reason I left out 8 is because it's not a Nintendo game, it's a PSX/SAT game.  For some reason I decided to stick to "spirit of the retro" and have names from vintage cart based MM games on a vintage Atari cart.  That's the best excuse I can give you. :D

Okay, I can respect that. :thumbsup: Maybe I'll do up my own custom label, with a little credit to MMF for the idea. :)

I still want to get a Saturn copy of MM8 to see the "cameos" of Cutman et al. I had a chance years ago to pick it up but passed 'cause I already had the PSX version. :(

Okay, I can respect that.  :thumbsup:  Maybe I'll do up my own custom label, with a little credit to MMF for the idea.  :)

Cool beans. :D

I still want to get a Saturn copy of MM8 to see the "cameos" of Cutman et al. I had a chance years ago to pick it up but passed 'cause I already had the PSX version.  :(

I've had chances at one point or another to get the MM games for Saturn and (you may find this shocking) I've mostly passed them up. I can give you a few reasons:

1. It's very hard to find good condition used Saturn games (cracked cases, bent instructions, scratched discs) and mint or unused go for outrageous amounts.

2. It seems silly to buy the games for Saturn when I can already play the same games on other consoles.

3. It seems silly to buy a Saturn only to play MM games, when I'd probably never invest in any other titles for it.

To date, the Saturn is the only system other than Sega CD I've never owned.. hmm.. Sega based disc systems.. but I do own a Dreamcast..

I envied Adrian's custom Atari cart in her avatar

The count's two and two ...

Uhh... I envied the custom cart Adrian had in +HIS+ avatar?

:(

Base hit!

(Given the frownie face, I won't say "first base" or anything like that; plus Adrian's girlfriend might get mad)

Base hit!

(Given the frownie face, I won't say "first base" or anything like that; plus Adrian's girlfriend might get mad)

Won't be the first time I got somebody's gender wrong on an online board. Ask me about "chocolate milk girl" sometime.

Who was "chocolate milk girl"?

There was a milk commercial a year or two ago spun off of that "got milk" campaign about chocolate milk. In one spot, they show a kid going to a gourmet candy store, buying one expensive chocolate, and pounding it to mulch so he can pour the dust in his milk and shake it up. Tagline: "Got chocolate milk?" In another, they show a rather androgynous person pouring milk into his/her/it's mouth, then squeezing a shot of chocolate syrup out of the bottle straight into same mouth, and gargling to mix. This person had really short curly hair, raised cheekbones, and what I could have sworn was either lipstick or really puffy female lips. I think you get where I'm going with this. I said something racy about the chocolate milk girl in a forum and got back five responses: "Dude, you know that's a man right?" No no, I'm talking about the chocolate milk girl, from the commercials. "No dude, that's a man. Seriously!"

Whoops.

I couldn't live that one down for a month.