IGNORED

Midwinter 2, Operation Stealth, Batman Movie - HDD versions

I've got a couple of problems with the games above - firstly, I cannot find a version of Midwinter 2 for HDD, I guess no one has done this game yet? Midwinter 2 is an awesome game but its just so damn slow from floppy =/

Secondly, PP's port of Operation Stealth hangs if you choose MT-32 MIDI. Once the MIDI.ON file exists it hangs, anyone know of another HDD version of Operation Steatlh?

And finally, I cannot get Batman the Movie (dbug) working off HDD.

I am using a 4Mb STFM, with TOS 1.04 btw.

DBug Batman the Movie bottom left on the intro screen there is an option for 8/16 Mhz, when you click it nothing appears to happen, however it is at 16 Mhz as default so click it (or press function key thinking about it, not clicking it) and then it should start fine for you, same happens with a few of the DBug games I have found.

As for Op Stealth, not sure as I have the original, all I can suggest is going with standard options with the sound and see if it works, if not send PP a quick email explaining what is happening and he may sort it out when he does his next month additions to the games.

DBug Menu disks 8A & B have Midwinter 2 on them, so you could possible write them back to disk using Omniflop via PC or JayMSA on the ST, there was no Automation version and you won't be able to use PP's Image Runner software as it is 3 disks and you can't swap disks.

DBug Batman the Movie bottom left on the intro screen there is an option for 8/16 Mhz, when you click it nothing appears to happen, however it is at 16 Mhz as default so click it (or press function key thinking about it, not clicking it) and then it should start fine for you, same happens with a few of the DBug games I have found.

As for Op Stealth, not sure as I have the original, all I can suggest is going with standard options with the sound and see if it works, if not send PP a quick email explaining what is happening and he may sort it out when he does his next month additions to the games.

DBug Menu disks 8A & B have Midwinter 2 on them, so you could possible write them back to disk using Omniflop via PC or JayMSA on the ST, there was no Automation version and you won't be able to use PP's Image Runner software as it is 3 disks and you can't swap disks.

Strange, on my dbug Batman F1 and F2 for CPU and cache have --- there, and F1 does nothing and makes no difference when you press F1 or F2?!?

I will look Op. Stealth and Midwinter 2 in not so far future . Midwinter 2 will for sure not work with Image Runner, regardless from floppy count.

Thanks =) Would be nice to get MIDI music working in Operation Stealth =) If you can get Midwinter 2 working from HDD in future that would be totally awesome!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! That works! Seems they used the MT-32 MIDI in a similar way to Cruise for a Corpse - ie. with one instrument and they change the instrument sound via some sample facility or something. So you just hear a pianno key for every single noise and sound lol. Doh! Anyway, I guess it's there for people with MT-32 Roland etc and it doesn't lock now =)