IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Awesome thread! Looking through the last 2500 or so posts is rather entertaining. :)

Hi Llama,

Thank you for enlisting on Atariage.com and participating on, The Official NEO-GEO Thread. :)

Enjoy your stay here with the many postings and conversations that we congregate here on the thread. I'm glad that you enjoyed browsing through the many postings/pages that we accumulated and hope that the many insightful postings will help benefit you for your Neo-Geo needs.

If you can a question that you have regarding Neo-Geo or SNK/Playmore that you have a concern with, you're more than welcome to ask here on the thread. We will be glad to help answer your inquiries as best as possible. If you have a past Neo-Geo memories that you like to express yourself with, we will the thrilled to read on what you have to say. :)

Thank you again Llama for dropping by the Neo-Geo thread and registering on Atariage.com. We look forward on see you here and throughout the forums. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony!

I've been enjoying these games since they came out in the arcade. I knew there was a home system, but never saw one in person until a relative got one. He only had a couple of games, honesty I can't remember which ones they were! Fighting games for sure ;)

I recently picked up an AES for myself along with a few games. Set to arrive from Japan next week, hopefully sooner :) I'll be sure to stay up to date on this thread! Thanks again!

• Like 2

Thanks Anthony!

I've been enjoying these games since they came out in the arcade. I knew there was a home system, but never saw one in person until a relative got one. He only had a couple of games, honesty I can't remember which ones they were! Fighting games for sure ;)

I recently picked up an AES for myself along with a few games. Set to arrive from Japan next week, hopefully sooner :) I'll be sure to stay up to date on this thread! Thanks again!

That's wonderful to hear Llama. Glad that you investment on these fine machines. We look forward on seeing it and on in action. Glad that you enjoy the Neo-Geo as much as we do. :)

See you here on the thread and throughout the forums. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back Again with Jim from KidShoryuken showing us the Neo Geo Pad 2 for the Playstation 1 & 2. An excellent controller that should be a superb choice to have in your collection for all of your gaming needs. :)

Anthony...

This is pretty sweet, they seem to be like a unicorn! I hear about them but never come across them in the wild! It would be ideal to play one of the many ports of Neo Geo on the the PS1/PS2! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron

• Like 1

Hey Neo Elite,

This is Saturday so it is time for the Neo Geo Challenge week 6!!!! Hurrah! So this week we play OverTop as requested by the awesome Anthony aka "The Neo Geo Wizard." Here is the Link to the video below. Check it out, the difficulty is set to 6 which is a little easier but this game is still tough as nails! I make it to the Park level which is good for me, So I challenge everybody to beat my "score" and as always Happy Gaming!

From my video description:

I did better than I usually do on this title, but it proves to be tough as nails regardless. I set the difficulty to level 6 due to the extreme difficulty. I made it to the park stage so if you beat that then you win!!! LOL It should not be too hard! This is an "OverTop" view racer, no pun intended hehehe! You have tons of vehicles to choose from ranging from and SUV, to a motorcycle for tons of different play styles. The game also features multiple different climates, and your vehicle responds differently to each different road surface! Also there is a ton of customization with different colors for each vehicle, I know that doesn't sound cool in 2016, but upon release it was a big deal! This game seems to continue to grow on me though, but Neo Driftout: New Technology is still my favorite personally due to tighter controls! Oh well, be sure to check back every week on Saturday for another Neo Geo Challenge, What will we play next week????? Beat my scores guys, I love watching the videos! The gauntlet has been thrown down!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Weekend at Logans doing another fun video for the Neo-Geo. Here was have Logan playing Battle Flip Shot for the MVS. A fun title that should be play regularly by players for its exciting and fast paced environment. You're surely going to like it.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here's some fun facts fro the Neo-Geo that will help some of our new members in the Neo-Geo community! Enjoy. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-QrbPafTqU

Anthony...

This is a great video for beginners. Simply made but is very informative!

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here was have a gentleman that goes by the name of, TheBrutallyHonestGamer. Here, we see the gentleman doing a great comprehensive review of The King of Fighters '98. Its a nicely done upload by a gamer that certainly enjoys the Neo-Geo as much as we do. Finely detailed first time player of this game to say the least. :)

Anthony...

Well, I've been playing AOF3 on and off since it arrived yesterday, and I really like it. The controls have a lot less immediacy than in most snk fighters, as they're limited by rigid, but beautiful, animation loops. This can be really annoying first, and arcade games live on first impressions, but I eventually got used to it. Characters are big, backgrounds very detailed, and the zoom effects work wonders on it. The music doesn't bug me nearly as much as expected when I'm actually playing AOF3. All the reviews seem to praise the music but the preceding line is as positive as I can be about it.

One level that really stands out to me as being great is the one with a cinco de mayo parade in the background. We have a lot of night parades here (mardi gras ended last tuesday), and I think they've captured the atmosphere of being a block away from one pretty perfectly with their graphics and sound design. It's a weird combination of loud and quiet that few experience. They even got displaced cats right.

https://youtu.be/XoCZRWiDp14?t=2m24s

AOF3 completes my AOF collection, and in the mail yesterday I also got KOF96, which completes my KOF collection. '96 seems like a good game too, but AOF3 is getting my attention right now.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

Well, I've been playing AOF3 on and off since it arrived yesterday, and I really like it. The controls have a lot less immediacy than in most snk fighters, as they're limited by rigid, but beautiful, animation loops. This can be really annoying first, and arcade games live on first impressions, but I eventually got used to it. Characters are big, backgrounds very detailed, and the zoom effects work wonders on it. The music doesn't bug me nearly as much as expected when I'm actually playing AOF3. All the reviews seem to praise the music but the preceding line is as positive as I can be about it.

One level that really stands out to me as being great is the one with a cinco de mayo parade in the background. We have a lot of night parades here (mardi gras ended last tuesday), and I think they've captured the atmosphere of being a block away from one pretty perfectly with their graphics and sound design. It's a weird combination of loud and quiet that few experience. They even got displaced cats right.

https://youtu.be/XoCZRWiDp14?t=2m24s

AOF3 completes my AOF collection, and in the mail yesterday I also got KOF96, which completes my KOF collection. '96 seems like a good game too, but AOF3 is getting my attention right now.

Glad that you completed your AOF collection with 3 Reaper. Graphically, its the most impressive out of the series. But I felt the zoom in camera didn't do the game any justice compared to 1 & 2. But they did have some great characters with the background and sprites were nicely done. A good title to end the AOF series on the Neo-Geo!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here'a fun Valentine edition of a compilation music video of everyone favorite SNK's heroine. Mai Shiranui. Some photo are a little more suitable for our older gamers, but its still in the boundaries of good taste. :)

From the description,

" Mai Shiranui

Fatal Fury 2/Special: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 1:21

Fatal Fury 2/Special: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 4:26

Fatal Fury 2: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme (Sega Genesis) 9:01

Fatal Fury 2: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme (SNES) 11:06

Fatal Fury 2: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme (PC Engine CD) 13:52

Fatal Fury Special: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme (SNES) 18:00

Fatal Fury Special: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme (PC Engine CD) 20:45

Fatal Fury Special: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme (Sega Game Gear) 24:25

Fatal Fury 3/Real Bout Fatal Fury 1: Ivonnu Rurouru E no gensou Yori Piano to Harp ni Yoru Fuyuu (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 25:51

Fatal Fury 3/Real Bout Fatal Fury 1: Ivonnu Rurouru E no gensou Yori Piano to Harp ni Yoru Fuyuu (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 29:25

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2/Special: Mai Mai Kyuun (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 33:15

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2/Special: Mai Mai Kyuun (Instumental) (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 35:54

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2/Special: Mai Mai Kyuun (w/lyrics) (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 38:07

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition: Hikyou no sato (Village of Unexplored) (Mai) Theme (PS1) OST 41:44

Fatal Fury Wild Ambition: Hikyou no sato (Village of Unexplored) (Mai) Theme (PS1) AST 45:56

The King of Fighters '94: Ne! (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 49:21

The King of Fighters '94: Ne! (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 52:45

The King of Fighters '95: Tsuchi o Hau Bass (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 56:24

The King of Fighters '95: Tsuchi o Hau Bass (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 58:28

The King of Fighters '96: Get'n Up (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 1:01:24

The King of Fighters '96: Get'n Up (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 1:04:05

The King of Fighters '98: Fairy (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 1:08:13

The King of Fighters '98: Fairy (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 1:12:28

The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match: Ne! (Women Fighters Team) Theme (PS2/XBLA) 1:14:44

The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match: Mai Mai Kyuun (Mai) Theme (PS2/XBLA) 1:19:20

The King of Fighters '99: 176th Street (Fatal Fury Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 1:21:10

The King of Fighters '99: 176th Street (Fatal Fury Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 1:24:10

The King of Fighters 2000: Come Up Smiling (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 1:28:38

The King of Fighters 2000: Come Up Smiling (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 1:31:53

The King of Fighters 2001: The Queen of Fighters (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 1:36:23

The King of Fighters 2001: The Queen of Fighters (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 1:38:06

The King of Fighters 2002: Diet (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) 1:40:32

The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match: Destiny (Women Fighters Team) Theme (XBLA) 1:42:52

The King of Fighters 2003: I'm Hot For You (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) OST 1:46:06

The King of Fighters 2003: I'm Hot For You (Women Fighters Team) Theme (Neo-Geo) AST 1:48:37

The King of Fighters XIII: Who is Queen (Women Fighters Team) Theme (PS3/Xbox 360) 1:51:17

Capcom Vs SNK 1: Chun Li vs Mai Theme (Dreamcast) 1:55:39

The King of Fighters EX2 Howling Blood: (Fatal Fury Team) Theme (GBA) 1:57:38

The King of Fighters Kyo: Mai Mai Kyuun 1 (Mai) Theme (PS1) 2:00:09

The King of Fighters Kyo: Mai Mai Kyuun 2 (Mai) Theme (PS1) 2:02:06

The King of Fighters Kyo: Shiranui Area (Mai) Theme (PS1) 2:03:59

The King of Fighters R-1 & R-2: Mai Mai Kyuun (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo Pocket) 2:05:49

SNK Vs. Capcom The Match of the Milennium: Mai Mai Kyuun (Mai) Theme (Neo-Geo Pocket) 2:08:06

Garou Densetsu Symphonic: Enryuujin (Mai) Theme 2:09:27"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

For those that didn't know yet? Latest rumor says that Samurai Shodown might be coming soon next year!

http://hadoken.net/samurai-shodown-revival/

Scoop: Samurai Shodown Is Getting a Massive Revival in 2017

by strugler

samurai-shodown-revival.jpg?zoom=1.5&res

SNK fans rejoice! We were able to confirm from two independent sources that SNK is bringing the massively successfulSamurai Showdown Series back from the dead. According to our sources, SNK-Playmore, under the new parent company, has already started working on a new Samurai Shodown Game. The new game, which currently has a target release of 2017, will bring the series back to its roots, using 2D gameplay but with 3D models. An approach similar to what the Japanese company is currently doing with the upcoming The King Of Fighters XIV.

The new Samurai Shodown game is not the only thing this highly missed franchise is getting. One of our sources has informed us that the plan is for the game release to coincide with a new anime adaptation of the series as well.

The first Samurai Shodown (known as Samurai Spirits in Japan) was the first fighting game to use swords in its gameplay when it was released in 1993. The franchise spawned many sequels on both arcade and home consoles, as well as two animated movies. The latest Samurai Shodown Game, Samurai Shodown Sen (2008), was a huge departure from the game’s familiar mechanics and failed miserably to bring back the huge number of the series fans.

Looking at this information as well as what we know from SNK Playmore’s plan for The King Of Fighters Series, it seems the company is really serious about the fighting games company market. A statement that several SNK-Playmore employees have been using since the company’s acquisition by Ledo Millenium. Anyone feels this is the second coming of the 90’s SNK?

We are currently trying to get more information regarding the Samurai Shodown revival including characters and announcement window. So make sure to follow us on Twitter @hadokendotnet to be the first to know all the imminent details.

Anthony...