IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

This morning were with a gentleman that goes by the name of SoyBomb. Here, we see the gentleman completed a 2 hour stream of a few well known Neo-Geo titles, Ninja Combat and Cyber-Lip.

Come join Soy and the rest of us has he sits down and plays some Neo-Geo classics that I can assure you, that you'll all enjoy it. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Jarrod from Project COE. This afternoon, were going to see a fun review regarding Samural Shodown VI for the Atomiswave unit. I like this game and really adds character to the franchise. Would've love to see another Samurai Shodown game for the unit if it was possible as the time!

Anthony...

• Like 1

Thanks Anthony!

I've been enjoying these games since they came out in the arcade. I knew there was a home system, but never saw one in person until a relative got one. He only had a couple of games, honesty I can't remember which ones they were! Fighting games for sure ;)

I recently picked up an AES for myself along with a few games. Set to arrive from Japan next week, hopefully sooner :) I'll be sure to stay up to date on this thread! Thanks again!

Llama,

You will not be disappointed, the Neo Geo AES is a worthwhile investment and will make for hundreds of hours of pure enjoyment! Great pickup! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron Classic Gaming

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Here we have a video regarding a stream involving Viewpoint for the NGCD by the good people at Gameplay and Talk. They seem to enjoy Viewpoint (like all of us do) and has some pretty impressive skills at the game as well.

Anthony...

Anthony,

Thanks for the repost! That's actually me. :)

• Like 1

Anthony,

Thanks for the repost! That's actually me. :)

Wow...I didn't realize that was you Austin. You surely have excellent gaming skills to go the distance in one of the most challenging titles for the Neo-Geo. :)

If you plan on doing more Neo-Geo game & play videos Austin, we will be thrilled to see them in the immediate future. Keep up the great work as always kind sir! Thank you for participating and replying to the thread! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

My AES arrived today! I've been playing Samurai Showdown 2 for a few hours now. Wow, I am rusty! I need to re-learn the moves :)

Hi Llama,

Glad to know that you received your Neo-Geo AES unit. We love to see you in action playing your console or maybe some snapshots of it. Glad that you're having a blast playing it as well. :)

What's the serial number on your new unit?

Anthony

Llama,

You will not be disappointed, the Neo Geo AES is a worthwhile investment and will make for hundreds of hours of pure enjoyment! Great pickup! Happy Gaming!

-Aaron Classic Gaming

You can say that again Aaron! :) Since werr both Neo-Geo AES owners was can assure Llama that his investment with an AES is well worth it. Thanks for stopping by bro.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gentleman by the name of Joe Finnegan from, My Plastic Heaven. A few years ago in 2011-2012, Joe did some uploads on video games involving the Neo-Geo. So, after recently uploading them on YouTube, will be observing them to see his friendly personality and finely detailed works for others to enjoy! :)

So, lets dive right in, and watch his earliest videos regarding the Neo-Geo with Art of Fighting. :)

From the description,

"The Neo Geo AES... I remember when I asked my Father if we could get this system when I was a kid. He asked me how much it was, I told him, and then he asked me if I was on drugs? Yup, arcade quality in your home. I really enjoyed this episode, but once again I thought I was being funny with a little clip during the 'Video Showcase'... Cheese at its best. I hope you'll enjoy this."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8tT9FmrRCY

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This evening, were with the good people from across the Atlantic name TheIsolatedGamerz . Here. we have a fun review of The King of Fighters EX Neo Blood for the Game Boy Advance. We don't have much reviews here pertaining to this particular title. But glad to see one avalible for us to view. :)

Anthony...

Hi

If you remember a little while back Anthony linked to my Neo Geo MVS Restore video. I talked about reproduction EL Panels for the mini marquees which I'd had made by a company called Surelight here in the UK. I've continued to work with Surelight and we've got even better panels now, which can be purchased from their site which I've linked below. There is also a guide showing how to fit them which I provided the pictures for.

Enjoy!

Rich

Neo Geo EL Panels

http://www.surelight.com/el_panels/el-panel-neo-geo-marquee/neo-geo-el-panel-marquee.htm

In case you missed it, here is the link to my restore video again

• Like 1

Hey everybody,

Nam 1975 Neo Geo AES Actual Hardware 1Credit Game. So this is week 7 of the Neo Geo Challenge where I play on 1 credit and invite everybody to beat my score and upload the video to the Atariage.com Neo Geo Thread! I did ok this week but could have been much better, as per always when the camera rolls the score seems to be low! I must be camera shy after 210 videos lol! So I show the original cartridge, hardware, and the Manual!!! This was a launch game for the AES along with Baseball Stars 2, and Magician Lord. This along with those games are enduring classics in gaming! It was hard to believe in 1990 that this cartridge was 46 meg, which was unheard of and showed the Neo Geo was a force to reckoned with.The graphics were superb and hold up well today with great detail, and the sound was just awesome-true stereo! But the gameplay is what continues to keep me coming back for more! I hope you enjoy this classic as I have always done! Happy Gaming!
Hope everyone enjoys and uploads there videos of Nam 1975! Can't wait!
-Aaron Classic Gamer
  • Like 1

Hey everybody,

Nam 1975 Neo Geo AES Actual Hardware 1Credit Game. So this is week 7 of the Neo Geo Challenge where I play on 1 credit and invite everybody to beat my score and upload the video to the Atariage.com Neo Geo Thread! I did ok this week but could have been much better, as per always when the camera rolls the score seems to be low! I must be camera shy after 210 videos lol! So I show the original cartridge, hardware, and the Manual!!! This was a launch game for the AES along with Baseball Stars 2, and Magician Lord. This along with those games are enduring classics in gaming! It was hard to believe in 1990 that this cartridge was 46 meg, which was unheard of and showed the Neo Geo was a force to reckoned with.The graphics were superb and hold up well today with great detail, and the sound was just awesome-true stereo! But the gameplay is what continues to keep me coming back for more! I hope you enjoy this classic as I have always done! Happy Gaming!
Hope everyone enjoys and uploads there videos of Nam 1975! Can't wait!
-Aaron Classic Gamer

Thank you Aaron for doing the Neo-Geo weekly challenge with NAM-1975. What I love about this game is the challenging gameplay that use to keep me busy in the arcades. I would always get killed during the 1st stage easily, and have to put multiple credits into the big red units just to get by the 2nd. :)

Great game and always a blast playing it. Thank you as always bro.

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi

If you remember a little while back Anthony linked to my Neo Geo MVS Restore video. I talked about reproduction EL Panels for the mini marquees which I'd had made by a company called Surelight here in the UK. I've continued to work with Surelight and we've got even better panels now, which can be purchased from their site which I've linked below. There is also a guide showing how to fit them which I provided the pictures for.

Enjoy!

Rich

Neo Geo EL Panels

http://www.surelight.com/el_panels/el-panel-neo-geo-marquee/neo-geo-el-panel-marquee.htm

In case you missed it, here is the link to my restore video again

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting as always. Glad to see your nice looking marquee panels is functioning and doing a great job showing us your works. Can't wait to see your supergun once its complete and ready for action. :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I've been a bit quiet around here recently. Why? Because I've been stalking a particular MVS cab eBay auction for awhile and I didn't want to mention it... someone could see it you know ;) . Well the final day rolled around today........ and I won! If all goes well soon I will be the proud owner of a 4 slot big red MVS cab :-D . So today I have a question. I'm sure something like this was covered in the last 100 pages of this thread, but I'm to lazy to look :P : what are your favorite Neo Geo games? Since the system offers such a wide range of games (and variations of games in genres like fighters), everyone has their own personal favorites. I think would be cool if everyone could list their top three fighters, favorite shoot em' up / run n' gun, favorite puzzle game, and favorite other non-fighter.

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers and I can't wait to get gaming :rolling: !

Edited by KreatorKat
  • Like 1

Hi everyone! I've been a bit quiet around here recently. Why? Because I've been stalking a particular MVS cab eBay auction for awhile and I didn't want to mention it... someone could see it you know ;) . Well the final day rolled around today........ and I won! If all goes well soon I will be the proud owner of a 4 slot big red MVS cab :-D . So today I have a question. I'm sure something like this was covered in the last 100 pages of this thread, but I'm to lazy to look :P : what are your favorite Neo Geo games? Since the system offers such a wide range of games (and variations of games in genres like fighters), everyone has their own personal favorites. I think would be cool if everyone could list their top three fighters, favorite shoot em' up / run n' gun, favorite puzzle game, and favorite other non-fighter.

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers and I can't wait to get gaming :rolling: !

Hey Justin,

Congratulations on acquiring a 4-slot Neo-Geo MVS unit. We can't wait to see pictures and you in action with it. All the best and thank you for letting us know about your new arcade cabinet.

In regards to your question, I personally like all of the Neo-Geo titles from the SNK library. But the ones I would say that really made me become an enthusiast of the Neo-Geo are as follows and I would feel they're a definite for your collection.

1. Magician Lord.

2.King of the Monsters.

3. Viewpoint.

4. Burning Fight

5.3 Count Bout

6.Art of Fighting 2

7.Samurai Shodown I & II

8. Neo Drift Out

9. Puzzle Bobble

10.Pulstar

11.Blazing Star

These are my personal top 11 Justin. Hope this helps you.

Anthony...

Hey Justin,

Congratulations on acquiring a 4-slot Neo-Geo MVS unit. We can't wait to see pictures and you in action with it. All the best and thank you for letting us know about your new arcade cabinet.

In regards to your question, I personally like all of the Neo-Geo titles from the SNK library. But the ones I would say that really made me become an enthusiast of the Neo-Geo are as follows and I would feel they're a definite for your collection.

1. Magician Lord.

2.King of the Monsters.

3. Viewpoint.

4. Burning Fight

5.3 Count Bout

6.Art of Fighting 2

7.Samurai Shodown I & II

8. Neo Drift Out

9. Puzzle Bobble

10.Pulstar

11.Blazing Star

These are my personal top 10 Justin. Hope this helps you.

Anthony...

Thanks so much Anthony! I like how your top 10 covers many different genres. Its interesting to see how people have such diverse favorites, as many of these I don't usually see in people's top 10s. It speaks volumes to the greatness of the Neo Geo library :grin: .

• Like 1

Thanks so much Anthony! I like how your top 10 covers many different genres. Its interesting to see how people have such diverse favorites, as many of these I don't usually see in people's top 10s. It speaks volumes to the greatness of the Neo Geo library :grin: .

You're welcome Justin.

I added Blazing Stars as a no.11 because it fluctuates when it comes to those two at times. Glad that the list is to your liking and you won't be dissatisfield with these titles.

Rejoice my good fellow. Its a great time to be a Neo-Geo gamer!! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with TheIsolatedGamerz doing another exciting video regarding The King of Fighters EX2 Howling Blood for the Game Boy Advance. Another fun title that will keep you busy playing on a handheld unit that was impressive on giving you a quality fighting game on it!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

:-D :-D !REJOICE! :-D :-D

The Official NEO-GEO Thread on Atariage.com is now up to 70,000 views!! Thank you for those that participate and for our guest that like to come by and view the latest and greatest on what the Neo-Geo thread has to offer! :)

As always, keep up the superb work everyone. Let all continue together to make the thread even greater, and prepare the future generation of Neo-Geo gamers ready for them to appreciate and for the platforms continued legacy of excellence!. :)

Thank you all once again.

Anthony...