IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

I'm following a member in the gaming community by the name of, PSO. The kind sir recently purchased a Neo Geo Pocket Color for the first time in his gaming collection with some fun games as well. I'm sure he'll enjoy his new item.

Nicely done PSO. I'm glad that you purchased this gem of a handheld system! :)

1. These are the only other games l've picked up so far! A real mix of stuff so far - l need to pick up some more. 1f603.png

CeLyy5yW4AECIP2.jpg
    0 retweets0 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. Here's my lovely little Neo Geo Pocket and the first 2 games l picked up for it! It's lovely, but NO backlight! 1f635.png

CeLxrZwWAAADcHG.jpg
    0 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
    More

Anthony...

Hi peeps,

So I've made a start making some short restorations with the Electrocoin Single I nabbed this month. It's my first cab and I'm pretty green still but here's the first video of a series I'll do around this cabinet.

You'll also see me playing Pulstar for a short time before technical issues start happening.

http://youtu.be/VD5xO7htjcs

Enjoy!

Ash

• Like 1

Hi peeps,

So I've made a start making some short restorations with the Electrocoin Single I nabbed this month. It's my first cab and I'm pretty green still but here's the first video of a series I'll do around this cabinet.

You'll also see me playing Pulstar for a short time before technical issues start happening.

http://youtu.be/VD5xO7htjcs

Enjoy!

Ash

Hi Ash,

Welcome back my good man and thank you for posting your Neo-Geo MVS unit here on the thread.

What a nice looking cabinet that you have and really in fine shape from the previous owners. Glad to see that this machine sold to a new owner that will really appreciate it and use it to the fullest extent. So many wonderful titles to purchase and to enjoy.

Glad that fellow Atariage member Richard Evans was able to assist on your purchase. Give my regards to Richard and hopefully, will be able to see the both you collaborate with a video playing on the MVS with yours or his! :)

Thank you as always Ash. Come by at anytime! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Fellow Atariage member AusRetroGamer posted up on Twitter his Fatal Fury for the Sega Mega Drive. (Genesis). Thank you Alex for sharing this!

1. #retrogaming: bit of Fatal Fury on the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis is always good for the soul ;-) #sega #megadrive

CeORSMXWIAAXWiF.jpg
    CeORdz9W4AAGEsA.jpg
    12 retweets17 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More

Anthony...

Hi Guys,

I also wanted to show you AusRetroGamers awesome MVS Cabinet. Thank you Alex for sharing this with us!

1. User Actions
    Following
    SD7NXYwX_bigger.png

Firing up the Neo Geo MVS. #arcade #retrogaming #neogeo

CeEP1NVUMAATpxD.jpg
    20 retweets31 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. PSO Retweeted

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here's some more pictures from PSO from his Neo-Geo colleco. Thank you kind sir for sharing this with us!

@Lord_Arse My most expensive if not Rarest cart? Garou - Mark of the Wolves Neo Geo AES JP

CeEG5YmXEAA9SlH.jpg
3 retweets18 likes
Retweet
Liked
More

1. The Next Level (circa 1990) - call your bank manager!! #snk @Lord_Arse @Funkzta @TWWhittaker @Richard31337

CdSa2RJWEAEENCK.jpg
    3 retweets8 likes
    Retweet
    More

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi everyone! I have a question that one of you guys might be able to answer. Are there any websites that offer sticky back replacement labels for MVS games? I was surprised I was unable to find any. I want to preserve the original labels whenever I can, but if it is between a completely illegible label (or no label) and a replacement, I would rather have a fresh new one. Thanks guys!

KreatorKat

p.s. I noticed one of the links/screenshots Anthony posted here on the Neo Geo thread was disappointed that the Neo Geo Pocket Color had no backlight. I just wanted to point out that there us a front light mod available if anyone was wondering (as well as a rare development device that plays NGPC games on a TV via composite, s video, and BNC RGB).

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I have a question that one of you guys might be able to answer. Are there any websites that offer sticky back replacement labels for MVS games? I was surprised I was unable to find any. I want to preserve the original labels whenever I can, but if it is between a completely illegible label (or no label) and a replacement, I would rather have a fresh new one. Thanks guys!

KreatorKat

p.s. I noticed one of the links/screenshots Anthony posted here on the Neo Geo thread was disappointed that the Neo Geo Pocket Color had no backlight. I just wanted to point out that there us a front light mod available if anyone was wondering (as well as a rare development device that plays NGPC games on a TV via composite, s video, and BNC RGB).

Hi Justin,

That's true. You can now mod your NGPC to have that option to have a front light avalible on your unit. Thank you for pointing that out Justin.

As for the labels, try asking the people at Southtown. They're known for inserts and labels. I'm sure they can lead a helping hand!. Hope this helps :)

http://southtown-homebrew.com/index.php

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Do any of you play your Neo Geo systems on modern HDTVs? If so how does it far with issues like input lag? I have a fairly decent TV with a very low input lag, but I know nothing beats a true CRT. Unfortunately space is at a premium here in Los Angeles, and I don't have the room for a second television.

Also, how do the graphics look on modern television? Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

• Like 1

Do any of you play your Neo Geo systems on modern HDTVs? If so how does it far with issues like input lag? I have a fairly decent TV with a very low input lag, but I know nothing beats a true CRT. Unfortunately space is at a premium here in Los Angeles, and I don't have the room for a second television.

Also, how do the graphics look on modern television? Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Hi Dr.

Welcome aboard and thank you for participating on the Neo-Geo thread. Feel free to browse around for your convenience and hopefully, a posting will be to your benefit! :)

In regards to your questions, I personally use a CRT unit to play my Neo-Geo. I use to play them on HDTV but of course the Neo-Geo is perfect on this older units. But that lag isn't really serious on HDTV and you can play similar to the CRT with some minor issues like sprites and the ratio will be a little off.

Of course they do have modern devices to help you. Try a RGB scart and XRGB-mini Framemeister. That should make the quality to perfect on yout HDTV.

Here's a link to help you with this with the Framemeister with the RGB to help you see the differance in quality with older units like the Neo-Geo.

Here's also a Neo-Geo AES video showing the RGBscart and framemeister together.

Come by if you have any additional questions Dr. We look forward on see you on the thread! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Come by if you have any additional questions Dr. We look forward on see you on the thread! :)

Anthony...

Thanks very much for having me! And also thank you for all that helpful information. I have loved the Neo Geo for years. The games on that system age like wine and they never seem to get old. Here in my city it seemed like there was always a 2 or 4 slot MVS machine within walking distance. Now I've noticed they're starting to dwindle. I've decided it's finally time for me to invest in my own hardware. Currently trying to decide between the AVS or the consolized MVS. I'm leaning towards the latter. Specifically a unit called the Neo Geo Omega. Honestly, if I had the cash I would just buy both. :D

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'll keep you posted on my quest.

• Like 1

Thanks very much for having me! And also thank you for all that helpful information. I have loved the Neo Geo for years. The games on that system age like wine and they never seem to get old. Here in my city it seemed like there was always a 2 or 4 slot MVS machine within walking distance. Now I've noticed they're starting to dwindle. I've decided it's finally time for me to invest in my own hardware. Currently trying to decide between the AVS or the consolized MVS. I'm leaning towards the latter. Specifically a unit called the Neo Geo Omega. Honestly, if I had the cash I would just buy both. :D

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I'll keep you posted on my quest.

You're welcome Dr.

Glad to know that you have a profound interest in the Neo-Geo, and the love for it continues through all these years.

Yes, the consolized MVS is usually the best way if you want to just play the games. Unfortunately, AES prices are out of the prices range for man Its more for collecting and for demonstrating for respect in the community to show your dedication!

The Omega is an excellent unit and I recommend it if you're in the market for one. You might also want to talk to James at Jamma Nation X to see if he can give you a better price and specifications to your preferences on what you like in your custom unit. I'll provide a link to you.

Mentioned Anthony forward you from the Neo-Geo thread on Atariage.com and he'll point you in the right direction on a good deal. I did the same for some of our members here that were looking for a CMVS.

Plus. I'll provide a Youtube video of Quan, the creater of the Omega and links to his site to purchase one for your convenience.

Thank you again Dr. Come by at anytime to post/reply on the thread. You're always welcome!. :)

Jamma Nation X website.

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/

Quan the creater of the Omega CMVS.

Arcade Works official store for the Omega.

https://www.arcadeworks.net/omega-neo-geo-mvs-home-console

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

Hi guys,

Today marks the 2nd year anniversary of "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com!

Its been another amazing year in which we were able to bring members together and having discussions regarding anything related to the Neo-Geo and SNK/Playmore. I would like to take the opportunity to thank Albert, the moderators, the members, and guest that come by, reply, and look at the postings that are available to view for the general public pertaining to the Neo-Geo and its platforms. As mention before, the Neo-Geo thread had concerns and uncertainties involving how will it work and benefit others. After careful planning and good concepts. We were able to make this thread work and help benefit long time and new Neo-Geo players. :)

Before the thread became available, Atariage had little discussions that involved the Neo-Geo. But being a Neo-Geo player, owner, and enthusiast.....I felt it was time to introduce something new and fresh for the community here on the site. So far, we have 2730+ replies, and 74,650+ views and counting! A nice accomplishment so far in my opinion.

The Official NEO-GEO Thread motivated our members to establish other popular threads such as,

The Official TurboGrafix-16 Thread.

The Official Game Boy Thread.

The 3DO Thread.

If you have a moment, please support them in which they offer to benefit others in the community. So much insightful information that is posted on these threads that will be to your liking! :)

Plus, the Neo-Geo thread help enlist 23 new members to Atariage and would like to thank the following that joined because of it.

aaronclassicgamer

Htaed7

Project COE

NeoTurboManiac

richard31337

RetroGamingBlog

AusRetroGamer

MotoRacer

GRUSS

Llama

KidShoryuken

geordiegaming

isolated_gamer

cyrusmartin

RetroPixel

Razoola

Neo Gamer

D.R.G. System

stopXwhispering

Sherlin

Hi-TechGaming

Harolds Stuff

White Boy Gaming

As usual, "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" is open to all. If you have any inquiries or you're a gamer, reviewer, programmer, troubleshooter, developer, publisher, or anything else that you would like to contribute relating to the Neo-Geo or SNK/P, please feel free to PM me, or post here. You're welcome to do so.

Thank you all for the personal support and thank you for supporting "The Official NEO-GEO Thread" on Atariage.com. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 7

Happy birthday to the thread! Thanks for the help Anthony, I'll look into that site. :)

Dr. Manhattan, I just want to suggest the Analog CMVS systems for you to look into. Choosing a CMVS (or AES/CD) is an expensive decision, so I just want to help show you all of your options :D . If I was going to buy a CMVS this is the one I would choose. They are made out of real wood (or custom for an extra price if you're rich ;) ), have matching joysticks, optional built in memory, dust covers, and RGB, composite, s video, and component video output at a surprisingly affordable price. Again, just trying to help you see all of your options :grin: .

http://www.analogue.co/collections/analogue-cmvs

This thread is an amazing place to be with the community and I hope it stays strong for another 2 years! Huge thanks to Anthony and all of the contributors to this amazing thread!

KreatorKat

• Like 1

Well guys, first of all Hi to everyone and sorry for not being much around these days.

But that's not why i'm here today, you see i'm here to congratulate whom i consider a friend, for not

only introducing me to this wonderful forum, but also for being such a caring person and passionate (without recurring to belittling or insults)

when something goes astray.

he's of course: fdruso224 and as i wish the forum a happy 2nd birthday i also like to thank him personally for being such an accommodating and caring gamer friend!

A toast (imaginary of course) to you and the forum, and i wish it to keep growing with the cool people we see here and best of luck in your future ventures.

i dont carry gifts, but i leave something the best way i could to "commemorate" the occasion...ROCK ON, my Friend

ROCK ON!

PS: Also it's high time you had a new avatar...LOL here! fixed haha

post-43382-0-19977300-1458847460_thumb.jpg

post-43382-0-38721900-1458847478_thumb.png

• Like 3