IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Happy April fools day everybody. Looks like SNK/Playmore certainly has a sense of trickery inside of their company after all.

A King Of The Monsters movis? Hahahaha..Jokes on us. But a darn good one that I wish it was true.

"KING OF THE MONSTERS" returns in a monumental movie to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Series! #AprilFools

Ce7t1yKWIAATScr.jpg

73 retweets86 likes

Retweet

Liked

More

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Happy April fools day everybody. Looks like SNK/Playmore certainly has a sense of trickery inside of their company after all.

A King Of The Monsters movie? Hahahaha..Jokes on us. But a darn good one.

"KING OF THE MONSTERS" returns in a monumental movie to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Series! #AprilFools

Ce7t1yKWIAATScr.jpg

73 retweets86 likes

Retweet

Liked

More

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with fellow Atariage member NeoTurboManic doing a quick comparison video regarding Samurai Shodown III for the Neo-Geo vs the Sega Saturn.

Much obliged Neo for uploading this. :)

From the description.

"Here a quick comparison video of Samurai Shodown III between the Neo Geo and Sega Saturn. The Neo Geo version is recorded using the MVS cart on a US AES system with the MVS to AES converter and the Saturn version is recorded using the import game and console. I am looking to do more detailed "

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Fellow Atariage members richard31337 (Richard) will meet up with RetroGamingBlog (Ash) for some Neo-Geo playing goodness. I'm sure they'll be enjoying themselves!

1. Think I have all the essentials for my visit to @RGB_RetroBlog 's this weekend! 1f600.png Tools and games! #GamersUnite

Ce-wunGWEAAqcY1.jpg
    2 retweets4 likes
    Retweet
    More

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with maintenance & repair videos to help others with their troubled Neo-Geo units. Here, we see a 4 slot MVS board that seem to be done for, but in reality, it wasn't. Its a simple fix in regards to its NICd battery that's easily replaceable and a common concern for this boards!

From the description,

"This board was sent in for repair with the description of "dead", but it wasn't quite dead, it just wouldn't read any cartridges! This is a common failure caused by a leaking NiCd battery so I thought I'd go through the repair on a video."

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here 's more details regarding the departure of the key Capcom emplyer going to SNK/Playmore.

http://shoryuken.com/2016/04/01/key-fighting-game-designer-leaves-capcom-for-snk-playmore/

capcom-logo-750.png?zoom=2&resize=750%2C
1.2k shares

Hidetoshi Ishizawa, better known by the handle Neo_G, has announced his departure from Capcom for a position at competitor SNK Playmore. The name may not be as familiar to newcomers, but Ishizawa’s lengthy resume includes work on beloved titles like Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Capcom vs. SNK 2.

This news has been confirmed by Arika vice president Ichiro Mihara, dispelling a common theory that it was perhaps a poor April Fools’ Day joke.

Due to Ishizawa’s prominent position at Capcom, this could be seen as something of a bad omen for the company and fans of their releases, especially when combined with what appears to be a lack of fighting game planning beyond Street Fighter V. SNK Playmore, on the other hand, is deep in development on King of Fighters XIV, with Samurai Shodown and possibly even a Garou: Mark of the Wolves sequel on the horizon, and one could attribute Ishizawa’s move as a way to continue his work in the genre.

According to a recent Facebook update, Ishizawa resigned from Capcom back in January, and it’s possible he’s already had a hand in King of Fighters XIV development. We’ll have more details on this news as they become available.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with fellow Atariage member, NeoTurboManic. This afternoon will see Neo play a fun title towards the end of the original SNK that was an exclusive for the MVS, Nightmare in the Dark at a Barcade in Brooklyn, NY/

Thank you Neo as always bro! :)

From the description,

"Today we put the spotlight on Nightmare in the Dark for the Neo Geo MVS at Barcade in Brooklyn, NY. This platformer was released in 2000 by Gavaking/Eleven and has gameplay that is similar to Snow Bros. The objective is to use flames to gulf enemies into a fireball and toss them at other foes for bonus points"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Do we love the NGPC. Sure we do! Great little gem of a unit!

Is there any love for the Neo Geo Pocket? #retrogamer

Ce-kzl_WwAES47r.jpg
8 retweets18 likes
Retweet
Liked
More

Anthony...

gallery_35492_1633_324296.jpg

Neo Geo Pocket Color versus Watara Supervision!

Who will win?

The Supervision forfeited by screen leakage :D

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Mr. Jonathan Chapman on his Twitter account shows as more for his NGPC collection. Here we se him playing Cotton.

Playing some Cotton on NGPC..

CfFMvX1XEAA_j6Z.jpg
CfFMwOIWEAExbmt.jpg
1 retweet5 likes
Retweet
More

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning were with Atariage member Aaron from, Aaron Classic Gamer.

Aaron has done another fantastic single credit run on Cyber-Lip for the MVS using his Multicade unit this time as a chance of pace. A true classic and you should have in your SNK library.

Thank you Aaron for another superb run. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Here's a picture of fellow Atariage members and contributers of the Neo-Geo and Neo-Geo thread, richard31337 (Richard) and TheRetroGamingBlog (Ash)!

Two of many fantastic players that the United Kingdom has to offer doing what they enthusiastically enjoy. Playing Neo-Geo and having fun. :)

Thank you gentlemen for what you do for the community. Glad to share this photo of the pair of you with the community. :)

TheRetroGamingBlog@RGB_RetroBlog 1h1 hour ago

Hanging with @Richard31337 he's made my cab complete! #NEOGEO #gamersunite #arcade

CfIQrw2WEAEq7iR.jpg
17 retweets25 likes
Retweet
More

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

We had fun! Meeting Rich was great and he's done a superb job on tweaking bits and fixing a few concerns on the cab. Goes without saying he's a real asset to the retro and arcade community and a good guy. I really appreciate all his input and advice and I'm stoked with the heklp he's put in.

The battery modification he made to the PCB is in the can! literally. I've filmed the whole thing and edit is due to start this week, expect it sometime soon on his YouTube channel and another video of our gaming session to follow shortly after. Needless to say he annihilated me but next time I'll be prepared. :)

Thanks again,

Ash

• Like 1

So what is the general consensus on the consolized MVS game systems? I'd love to hear any thoughts or opinions. My current goal to purchase a consolized MVS before the end of the year. I'm also going to buy a multi cart, as well as few original single game carts.

Do you have a favorite version of the consolized MVS? Do any of you own one? Any tips for a first time buyer?

Thanks in advance for your help. This is a great topic!

• Like 2

So what is the general consensus on the consolized MVS game systems? I'd love to hear any thoughts or opinions. My current goal to purchase a consolized MVS before the end of the year. I'm also going to buy a multi cart, as well as few original single game carts.

Do you have a favorite version of the consolized MVS? Do any of you own one? Any tips for a first time buyer?

I was lucky enough to acquire a MVS cabinet, so I don't have a CMVS, but if I got one it would be the Analogue CMVS. It offers many output options, has avalible built in memory, and matching controllers at a (relatively) affordable price.

One thing to consider when buying a CMVS, AES CD, or AES is what controller you want. There are three types (all work perfectly across all models):

-The standard arcade stick, which is placed on a table and is made to emulate the arcade cabinet controls. This is my personal favorite and can be bought with the Analogue CMVS in matching wood or as the plastic sturdy originals

-The "Pro" stick, which is placed on a table or held in hand. It is smaller and lighter, but some people prefer it.

-The standard gamepad, which was made for the AES CD. It isn't a joystick and is instead a standard, handheld controller with a directional pad. Some games may be better with a gamepad vs a joystick.

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

Hi Dr,

To help with a general summary which will lead to a convincing conclusion.... :-D

The CMVS units are great for those that want to play Neo-Geo titles that cost considerably less than the vast majority of the AES versions. The beauty of the CMVS is to customize them to your preference on how you enjoy playing video games. The units itself can be consolized from 1,2,4, or even 6 slot units that can play your MVS carts. Seeing that the CMVS are custom to your liking, prices will vary. But once you have one in your possession, its an investment well spent that will benefit you for years to come!

I personally don't have a favorite unit in particular and all are reliable. It really is based on who will be building the units that will show its quality on your purchase. But in general, those that offer the service are knowledge and have many years involved in them! So have no fear. :)

Hope this help you Dr, Feel free to write if you need anymore advice. Will try to answer as best as possible! :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

I was lucky enough to acquire a MVS cabinet, so I don't have a CMVS, but if I got one it would be the Analogue CMVS. It offers many output options, has avalible built in memory, and matching controllers at a (relatively) affordable price.

One thing to consider when buying a CMVS, AES CD, or AES is what controller you want. There are three types (all work perfectly across all models):

-The standard arcade stick, which is placed on a table and is made to emulate the arcade cabinet controls. This is my personal favorite and can be bought with the Analogue CMVS in matching wood or as the plastic sturdy originals

-The "Pro" stick, which is placed on a table or held in hand. It is smaller and lighter, but some people prefer it.

-The standard gamepad, which was made for the AES CD. It isn't a joystick and is instead a standard, handheld controller with a directional pad. Some games may be better with a gamepad vs a joystick.

Hope this helps!

Nicely said Justin. Especially with the sticks. I have the Pro stick and its very light and enjoyable to play. I love to play at times the NGCD controller on the AES and the feel of having a simple controller to play in my hands! :)

Anthony...

• Like 2

Really great meeting you too Ash, thanks so much for the kinds words! I look forward to playing more Neo Geo with you at some point soon :)

We had fun! Meeting Rich was great and he's done a superb job on tweaking bits and fixing a few concerns on the cab. Goes without saying he's a real asset to the retro and arcade community and a good guy. I really appreciate all his input and advice and I'm stoked with the heklp he's put in.

The battery modification he made to the PCB is in the can! literally. I've filmed the whole thing and edit is due to start this week, expect it sometime soon on his YouTube channel and another video of our gaming session to follow shortly after. Needless to say he annihilated me but next time I'll be prepared. :)

Thanks again,

Ash

• Like 1