IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのXbox Series X|Sによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1694346562812731404 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9260 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
Translated from Japanese by
[Notice] A SAMURAI SPIRITS Xbox Series X|S tournament will be held. Please join us! https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1694346562812731404 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9260 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

F4SCkiJbIAAdszi?format=webp&name=small

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのNintendo Switchによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1694500418892763427 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9283 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
[Notice] A SAMURAI SHODOWN tournament will be held on Nintendo Switch. Please join us! https://twitter.com/vsnetinfo/status/1694500418892763427 https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9283 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

F4SC_2ubEAA2q85?format=webp&name=small

Anthony...

Hi guys,

SNK新社屋フォトレポート。ギースの圧を感じながらミーティングできる会議室やレアグッズが展示されたショールームなど見どころ満載 https://4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20230729023/ #SNK 新大阪駅近くに本社を移転したSNK。「10年で世界のトップ10パブリッシャ」を目標に掲げている
SNK new building photo report. Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed https://4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20230729023/ #SNK SNK moved its headquarters near Shin-Osaka Station. Aiming to be one of the top 10 publishers in the world in 10 years

F4AoNZMaMAAr6Gq?format=webp&name=900x900

SNK new building photo report. Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed

SNK  has led the fighting game industry since the 1990s with multiple titles such as "The King of Fighters," "Samurai Spirits," "Fist of Art," and "Fatal Fury. " Currently, with the goal of becoming one of the top 10 publishers in the world in 10 years, he is working on various challenges such as developing new titles and rebooting popular IP. In March 2023, SNK's headquarters moved to a new office near JR Shin-Osaka Station

entrance

There is a wide entrance on the opposite side of the showroom across the reception. A large monitor is installed here, and in-house events can also be held.

This time, I interviewed him on the day of SNK's internal event "SNK Creators Conference". This event was held to share technology and knowledge related to game development within the company.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.031 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed

In addition to the solid sessions, there was also a round-table discussion on the history of SNK's fighting games between legendary developers and fans at the time.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.048 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed
Thumbnail image of image collection No.049 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed

Original soundtracks of SNK titles and laser discs with capture videos are also on display.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.032 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed

conference room

The conference rooms are named after popular characters from SNK titles, such as Geese Howard and Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury, and Haohmaru from Samurai Spirits. In addition, large illustrations of each character are drawn in the room.

Thumbnail image of image collection No.033 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed
Thumbnail image of image collection No.034 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed
Thumbnail image of image collection No.035 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed
Thumbnail image of image collection No.036 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed
Thumbnail image of image collection No.037 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed

recording studio

Speaking of SNK, the songs that color each title are also popular, but the studio of the SNK sound team that creates them is also set up in the company. In addition to the recording of instruments and voices, mixing and stereophonic adjustments are also performed here.

A plate with the logo of the SNK sound team, which was given by the contractor who built this studio, is displayed.
Thumbnail image of image collection No.044 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed

The aisles are also decorated with guitars and basses. There was also a bass with a sticker of "New World Music Acrobatic Troupe"
Thumbnail image of image collection No.039 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed
Thumbnail image of image collection No.040 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed

Thumbnail image of image collection No.045 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed
Thumbnail image of image collection No.046 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed
Thumbnail image of image collection No.047 / SNK new building photo report.  Full of highlights, such as a conference room where you can have a meeting while feeling the pressure of Geese and a showroom where rare goods are displayed

Anthony...

Hi guys,

2003ストーリーアップデート 特設サイトオープン! 『KOF ALLSTAR』 2003ストーリー アップデートに関する事前情報と 特別なクーポンをご確認ください!  特設サイト▼ https://kofallstar.netmarble.net/ja/kof2003 #KOFAS #KOF
 2003 story update special site open!  Check out the advance information and special coupons for the "KOF ALLSTAR" 2003 story update!  Special site ▼ https://kofallstar.netmarble.net/ja/kof2003 #KOFAS #KOF

F3zh0wXaoAArfG-?format=webp&name=900x900

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Our good pal @Steril707 has done an update on his Facebook page. Let's have a read on what Michael has to say shall we. Glad to see you doing what you enjoy again bro. :)

https://www.facebook.com/Inviyya

image.jpeg.2d29ec1b5ab2b76b811a76726e85d733.jpeg Inviyya 2h

· 

"Hey guys, since I have been quiet for a long time now and I like to be transparent when it comes to my work, here is a little update on my projects..

In late winter and early spring I have had some not so amazing things happening in my life, which took a lot of my mental energy for me to solve.

Which left me a bit burned out on working on Hyperblaster/Inviyya2 and SHMUPs in general for a few months.

Fortunately I found my love for creating games again in restarting another project, namely "Krogharr", which will be a little beat em up in the style of "Black Belt" on the Sega Master System, one of my favorite games. But with barbarians... And beer.

I "architectured" this to be a good bit lower on scope than Inviyya2, so this is only for OCS Amigas and up, and will be finished around November/December and available as a download on my itch.io page. If there is any interest, I might do an improved Neo Geo version for NEOSD or a NeoCD version. No idea yet about that, though.

On Hyperblaster/Inviyya2: since I luckily have found my motivation for game dev again, my work on Krogharr is already cross pollinating on Hyperblaster as well. Looking forward to work on it full time with lightning speed as soon as Krogharr is finished.

I will be releasing game play videos of Krogharr soon, and on the Amiga38 convention next month in Mönchengladbach you will be able to play the game at the Poly.Play-booth.

So, that's it.

As always, thanks for your interest in my endeavours.

Michael/Tigerskunk"

Keine Fotobeschreibung verfügbar.

Anthony...

2 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Nice to see that he's back in action after dealing with the most important. Will Krogharr work with the CD32 controller?

So true Slidel. Glad to see him updating us on the game and looking forward on seeing more with Krogharr. Hmmm. Not sure if the CD32 controller will work. Let's ask @Steril707 that question. :)

Anthony...

24 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Looks interesting for sure!  Thanks for the heads up and mention, I very much appreciate it.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Some early information for the Neo-Geo version of DaemonClaw.
Will the neo version have additional content over the MD version? Felt kinda cheated with Xenocrisis, those were basically the same game.

Even this early on we've begun working on the extra graphics and color to take better advantage of Neo Geo's fantastic 2d power. There will be more to it than that, but we might not give additional details until the Kickstarter campaign actually launches. Please stay tuned!

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Thanks for letting me know! I wonder how Neo geo will work. Hopefully it’s not just a digital code for use with something like the terraonion multi cart. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Thank you for telling me, Anthony! I’m familiar with the game because I am interested in the Amiga version, but I had no idea it was coming to the Neo-Geo!!

• Like 2

Cool there will be a Mega Drive version,  but I wish I could get info from a website not Twitter/X...That thing's just like FaceBook,  Not on Twitter?  Well F U then..."Sign In Sign Up", No Soup for You!  If X and FB were so great, they would stop asking me to "sign up or else" and just let me have a look around...Reminds me of anything on the internet that claims to be free,  and then instantly asks for your credit card info.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Nice to see the Demons of Asteborg crew joining the Neo Geo homebrew community. Kudos for giving the system some more variety.

I agree Slidel. Neofid Studios does great work and enjoy there material they share with Demons of Asteborg and Astebros for the Genesis/Mega Drive. Like to see how this game turns out. :)

Anthony..

6 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Cool there will be a Mega Drive version,  but I wish I could get info from a website not Twitter/X...That thing's just like FaceBook,  Not on Twitter?  Well F U then..."Sign In Sign Up", No Soup for You!  If X and FB were so great, they would stop asking me to "sign up or else" and just let me have a look around...Reminds me of anything on the internet that claims to be free,  and then instantly asks for your credit card info.

Good point Johnny. Plus, I not particularly fond in Kickstarter funding these days. Nothing against it. But wasn't to proud on the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter a few years ago that made me think about crowd funding titles. If it's involving trusted members in the community here on AtariAge or off social media that I'm in contact with frequently, then okay.

Anthony...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

Thanks for letting me know! I wonder how Neo geo will work. Hopefully it’s not just a digital code for use with something like the terraonion multi cart. 

You're welcome Daz. Yeah, bro. I want a physical cart version for the AES. I'll even be interested on a NGCD version as well. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Thank you for telling me, Anthony! I’m familiar with the game because I am interested in the Amiga version, but I had no idea it was coming to the Neo-Geo!!

Yeah Mike. Same here on the Amiga version. I had no idea that they were planning for the Neo-Geo. So that was certainly a pleasant surprise.  They said that they're already working on the Neo-Geo port on enhancing the graphics and sounds. So that's a good start. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

More new Neo Geo games? Hell yeah~

It's Neofid, so there will probably be a digital option, which is good because Neo Geo cartridges are very expensive.

You're right Steve. The more , the merrier. :) 

Neofid does good work. I like there games Demons of Asteborg, Astebros for the Genesis/Mega Drive and believe this will be a good game overall for the Neo-Geo. 

Anthony...