IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

If someone does in fact hack up that 161v3 and sells it for a respectable price with the library to dodge the sheisty 500 dollar or whatever it is now slow flash carts -- notify me please.  Sure I can't run homebrew, but whatever, I'll live. :P

I second that Tanooki. If they do an AES version of it, count me in as well. :)

Anthony..

@ColecoGamer @SlidellMan @GoldLeader @wolfy62 @M-S @Madwindoman @Punisher5.0 @evilevoix @Stage_1_Boss @INTVCruise @retrorussell @Reaperman @roots.genoa @Razzie.P @Zap! @neogeo1982@KidGameR186496 @Kiwi @SoundGammon @Serguei2 @bent_pin @Tanooki @Cobra Strike Down @Rick Dangerous @128Kgames @eightbit @ECWfan @SpicedUp! @Mikebloke @Hwlngmad @Steril707 @OldSchoolRetroGamer @NeoPancho @Franjo @MarkoCG77 @masschamber @joeatari1 @electricmastro @DJ Clae @Darrin9999 @Steven Pendleton @swlovinist  @drludos @japangameonline @awbacon @Bratwurst @GoldenWheels @SoundGammon @Songbird @PikoInteractive @eebuckeye  @Metal Jesus @aduffy1976

Hi guys,

A new Neo-Geo title is in the works for 2024. 

https://rosenthalcastle.itch.io/petal-crash-neo

Petal Crash for Neo Geo

A new puzzle game for Neo Geo, running on original hardware! Coming in 2024 to an arcade near you!

Featuring singleplayer and multiplayer modes! Aim for a high score, compete with your friends, or play against the CPU and try to make your wish come true!

Original game by Friend & Fairy. Original soundtrack by Michael Staple.

Programming by Kaito Sinclaire and Raspberryfloof. Soundtrack arrangement by Scooblee. Japanese translation by vgperson.

NEO GEO is a registered trademark of SNK Corporation. This project is not licensed by nor affiliated with SNK Corporation in any way.

More information

Status In development

Author Rosenthal Castle

Genre Puzzle

TagsArcade, Fantasy, Pixel Art, Retro

vJzPQe.pngdTG2w2.png6S6M3I.png

Anthony...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

@ColecoGamer @SlidellMan @GoldLeader @wolfy62 @M-S @Madwindoman @Punisher5.0 @evilevoix @Stage_1_Boss @INTVCruise @retrorussell @Reaperman @roots.genoa @Razzie.P @Zap! @neogeo1982@KidGameR186496 @Kiwi @SoundGammon @Serguei2 @bent_pin @Tanooki @Cobra Strike Down @Rick Dangerous @128Kgames @eightbit @ECWfan @SpicedUp! @Mikebloke @Hwlngmad @Steril707 @OldSchoolRetroGamer @NeoPancho @Franjo @MarkoCG77 @masschamber @joeatari1 @electricmastro @DJ Clae @Darrin9999 @Steven Pendleton @swlovinist  @drludos @japangameonline @awbacon @Bratwurst @GoldenWheels @SoundGammon @Songbird @PikoInteractive @eebuckeye  @Metal Jesus @aduffy1976

Hi guys,

A new Neo-Geo title is in the works for 2024. 

https://rosenthalcastle.itch.io/petal-crash-neo

Petal Crash for Neo Geo

A new puzzle game for Neo Geo, running on original hardware! Coming in 2024 to an arcade near you!

Featuring singleplayer and multiplayer modes! Aim for a high score, compete with your friends, or play against the CPU and try to make your wish come true!

Original game by Friend & Fairy. Original soundtrack by Michael Staple.

Programming by Kaito Sinclaire and Raspberryfloof. Soundtrack arrangement by Scooblee. Japanese translation by vgperson.

NEO GEO is a registered trademark of SNK Corporation. This project is not licensed by nor affiliated with SNK Corporation in any way.

More information

Status In development

Author Rosenthal Castle

Genre Puzzle

TagsArcade, Fantasy, Pixel Art, Retro

vJzPQe.pngdTG2w2.png6S6M3I.png

Anthony...

Looks interesting.  Not quite as sharp graphically as what the Neo Geo can produce, but kudos to the creator(s) as this looks like an interesting title for sure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Looks interesting.  Not quite as sharp graphically as what the Neo Geo can produce, but kudos to the creator(s) as this looks like an interesting title for sure.

Glad you like it Ryan. I agree. Not as graphically impressive on what the Neo-Geo hardware can offer, but I'm always in the mood for a good puzzle title. Looking forward on seeing how the developers will progress with it. :)

Anthony.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, masschamber said:

I think baseball stars 2 will be forever the best looking baseball game ever, just too expressive and fun looking

and last blade 2 is the best looking fighter, everything just comes together perfectly

I second that Mass. That game made all the Baseball titles on the Genesis and Super Nintendo look ancient. So much dedication went into Baseball Stars 2 for sure. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII GLOBAL MATCH "KOF XIII is back! in OSAKA” イベント情報 イベントスペースにあるショーケース内にはデフォルメアクリルスタンドのジオラマ風展示も行っております Pao Pao Cafeステージ #KOF #KOFXIIIGM #SNK #BGMO
Translated from Japanese by
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII GLOBAL MATCH "KOF XIII is back! in OSAKA" Event information  There is also a diorama-style display of deformed acrylic stands in the showcase in the event space   Pao Pao Cafe Stage #KOF #KOFXIIIGM #SNK #BGMO

F-DXPzQWIAAuKHL?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

■初公開■ 【まさかのドット化!?】 なんとMAマンがテリーとコラボ! さらに、ドット絵になっちゃった!! 今回のドット絵彩色企画の象徴であるドット絵、テリー・ボガード、MAマンが見事にミックス! この超レアアイテムもイベントグッズとなって登場です!詳細は後日公表します! #SNK #KOF #餓狼伝説
■ First public release ■ [Unexpected dots! ? ] What a collaboration between MA Man and Terry! Furthermore, it became a pixel art! ! A wonderful mix of pixel art, Terry Bogard, and MA Man, which is the symbol of this pixel art coloring project! This super rare item is also available as event goods! Details will be announced at a later date! #SNK #KOF #餓狼伝説

F9_05eDaIAEZqKp?format=jpg&name=small

F9_07cVbMAAyFmM?format=jpg&name=small

F9_07cqb0AE9wZu?format=jpg&name=small

F9_07c3bEAAURJU?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

■イベント告知■ MAマン( )と楽しいイベントやります!! 11月12日(日)は大阪s斎橋に全員集合!! 入場無料です! 【目玉は大きく3つ!】 ①トークイベント!(※重大発表あり) ②交流会(サイン会&物販) ③ドット絵彩色テリー・ボガード実物展示 【開催日時】 トークショー:11月12日(日)14時~ 交流会:同日、15時30分~18時 【お申し込み方法】 ・トークショーは無料で観覧できますが、ステージ前の座席は先着順のWEB申し込みです。 ・交流会はショップ内で行われます。入場人数に限りがありますので、こちらもWEB申し込みとなります。 (※11月8日に「BAM BAM GAME MONSTER OSAKA」WEBサイトから申し込み可能となります。 こちらのURL、詳細は確定次第告知しますので、是非ご準備を! ※交流会終了後はフリー入場となりますので、商品のお買い求めは可能です。) 興味のある方は是非続報をお待ちください! #SNK #KOF #餓狼伝説
■ Event announcement ■ We're having a fun event with MA Man ( )! ! Everyone will gather in Shinsaibashi, Osaka on November 12th (Sunday)! ! Admission is free! [There are three big highlights! ] ① Talk event! ( ※ Important announcement) ② Exchange meeting (autograph session & product sales) ③ Pixel painting Terry Bogard actual exhibit [Date and time] Talk show: November 12th (Sunday) 14:00~ Exchange meeting: Same day, 15:30-18:00 [How to apply] ・You can watch the talk show for free, but seats in front of the stage are available on a first-come, first-served basis. ・The social gathering will be held inside the shop. As the number of participants is limited, applications must be made online. ( ※ Applications will be available from the "BAM BAM GAME MONSTER OSAKA" website on November 8th. This URL and details will be announced as soon as they are finalized, so be sure to get ready! ※ After the meeting ends, admission will be free, so you can purchase products. ) If you are interested, please wait for further information! #SNK #KOF #餓狼伝説

F9_0oGXb0AEyVev?format=jpg&name=medium

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back again with fellow AtariAge member @GadgetUK continuing with part 2 on his Neo-Geo repairs. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Part 2 of this series of repairing a couple of SNK Neo Geo MV1F boards! Filmed back in 2018! At the time of filming this I had a few (what I believe) paranormal events occur. One of these boards played the sound DIE DIE DIE over and over, with no cart fitted - that freaked me out. Some tools moved around unexplained (more about that in part 3), and I seemed to record an EVP. Later that same evening the EVP was captured I fell and badly injured my head. Very soon after that I had a lot of bad luck! All co-incidence?!? That EVP sounds like a female voice - and I cannot explain it all. Special thanks to Mike Pearman for sending these haunted boards.."

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSのNintendo Switchによる大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9462 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
[Notice] A SAMURAI SPIRITS tournament will be held on Nintendo Switch. Please join us! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9462 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSの中初級者大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加ください! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9467 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
[Notice] SAMURAI SPIRITS intermediate/beginner tournament will be held. Please join us! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9467 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】SAMURAI SPIRITSの大会が開催されます。ぜひご参加下さい! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9444 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ
[Notice] A SAMURAI SPIRITS tournament will be held. Please join us! https://vs.netgamers.jp/blog/?p=9444 #SNK #SAMURAISPIRITS #サムスピ

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Indie Action Puzzler 'Petal Crash' Is Getting A New Port For The Neo Geo

The arcade-style puzzler launched in 2020 across various platforms

by Jack Yarwood  Thu, 8:30am

Petal Crash for Neo Geo

Back in 2020, Friend & Fairy and Galaxy Trailer released Petal Crash across various platforms including PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PS4, iOS, and Android. But now it appears that the game is coming to yet another platform, with Petal Crash's official account announcing a new Neo Geo port, courtesy of the game developer Rosenthal Castle.

In case you're unaware, the indie homage to the classic arcade action puzzlers of the '90s focuses on pushing blocks around a board in order to match them up with others of the same colour to create magnificent chain reactions. It features a number of modes (including a story campaign) as well as a varied cast of characters to pick from.

As stated in the post, the Neo Geo version of the game will include the original story, score attack, and versus mode and will work on original arcade hardware.

No specific release date has been announced yet, but the game is currently scheduled to launch sometime in 2024. A sequel, Petal Crash 2, was also announced last month, with a crowdfunding campaign for the project scheduled to launch in early 2024.

We'll try and keep you up to date as more information is published on both. But for now, you can check out the trailer of the Neo Geo port above and see how it is coming along.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

#BangBead is a pong game, who doesn't like a good old pong game ?! We know you like it  Also available on the #Visco #miniarcade #Bartop! Get yours : http://bit.ly/3X8OSTK #Visco #arcade #sportgame #retrogaming #neogeo #pixelheart #MiniArcade #SnK #ponggame

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Announcement: We are supporting "Lunatic Perilune #29" as a special support tournament. The prize pot support increases for each 10 registrations. Please join in! >Tournament URL https://start.gg/tournament/lunatic-perilune-29/ >Details https://facebook.com/SNK.KOFWORLD/posts/pfbid0rR8PJ4ac8MLN8shyZhRjc9VUmNwcwubcqcC1e26b2ifS9dsfXgsr4wbc88S2TJp3l

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Lunatic Perilune #29 Saturday 11/11/2023 @nycnextlevel
874 4th Ave Brooklyn NY 11232 Fees $17 Venue $5 Entry (per bracket) Event Schedule #KOFXV 4PM #DFCI 4PM #GGXrd 5PM #UNIclr 5:30PM #MBTL 6:30PM #GGXXACR 7PM #MBAACC 7:30PM $1 Side Brackets #P4AU 4PM #SCON4 7:30PM

Anthony..