IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

3 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

Apparently there are pre orders up for the 161 in 1 carts that have been modded but on another forum. Can we request they come here as well? Not sure if you can contact them, Anthony. 

Hi Daz,

You beat me to it bro. :)

Yes, on the Arcade-Projects forum. They are offering the pre-orders (or interest check). Here's the link to see it. I tried to get in contact with Leon, but he hasn't made a reply back at this point. :|

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/interest-check-pre-made-upgraded-161-in-1-multicarts.27699/

Anthony..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi Daz,

You beat me to it bro. :)

Yes, on the Arcade-Projects forum. They are offering the pre-orders (or interest check). Here's the link to see it. I tried to get in contact with Leon, but he hasn't made a reply back at this point. :|

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/interest-check-pre-made-upgraded-161-in-1-multicarts.27699/

Anthony..

Yeah, I don’t want to join another forum if I don’t have to. Hopefully he gets back to you and we can work out another way to reach out to him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

Yeah, I don’t want to join another forum if I don’t have to. Hopefully he gets back to you and we can work out another way to reach out to him. 

Let me try to contact rewrite. He's the member taking down the orders for either MVS or AES. I'll ask him if he's interested on posting here on the Neo-Geo thread for him to accept a interest list on the cart. Hopefully he'll stop by to do so Daz. :)

Or just in cases, we can make a list for him for us members  and I'll submit the list over to him to keep as record. I have an account at Arcade-Projects and I'll be glad to do so as an option. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

@ColecoGamer @SlidellMan @GoldLeader @wolfy62 @M-S @Madwindoman @Punisher5.0 @evilevoix @Stage_1_Boss @INTVCruise @retrorussell @Reaperman @roots.genoa @Razzie.P @Zap! @neogeo1982@KidGameR186496 @Kiwi @SoundGammon @Serguei2 @bent_pin @Tanooki @Cobra Strike Down @Rick Dangerous @128Kgames @eightbit @ECWfan @SpicedUp! @Mikebloke @Hwlngmad @Steril707 @OldSchoolRetroGamer @NeoPancho @Franjo @MarkoCG77 @masschamber @joeatari1 @electricmastro @DJ Clae @Darrin9999 @Steven Pendleton @swlovinist  @drludos @japangameonline @awbacon @Bratwurst @GoldenWheels @SoundGammon @Songbird @PikoInteractive @eebuckeye  @Metal Jesus @aduffy1976

Hi guys,

I have great news. I went over and visited onto the Arcade-Projects forums and contacted a gentleman by the username of rewrite. rewrite is the member that is responsible on the handling the interest list, and working of the upgraded 161-in-1 carts. The kind sir replied to me and said that he will pay us a visit and mention to all here on the Neo-Geo thread about the carts, the version that you like it on, and how many you wish to purchase.

You can also PM rewrite here on AtariAge to be asked to be on the list for the members convenience soon. 

To get a head start before he arrives to make his first and official posting, here's what he mentioned over on Arcade-Projects forums. 

rewrite

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Incredibly soft interest check take here to see if there's a market for building these things. I know a few people like @HornheaDD and @GeorgeSpinner were asking about it in the main thread since a lot of folks can't do the mod themselves.

It looks like I'm going to have a fair few extra of the required chips, and a good bit of time on my hands throughout the holidays (boss at my main job scales back starting mid-Nov, so so will I), so if there's demand I'll take this up for a bit. If not, I'll eat the chip cost and that'll be that.

They're very labor/time intensive, finicky work, and the chips take an absolute age to program, so the price reflects it. I know a couple people had suggested they'd have to cost as much as the NeoSD or DS solutions, and I'd normally agree with them, but for doing a small run of them on the side while work is slow I figure I can do a bit better than that. I've taken 4 dry runs at these now and am very confident/comfortable with all the SMD work, just waiting on dumper PCBs to come in in about a week to get the ones I have here up and running.

My tentative price-point would be $280 for a completed MVS cart, you provide nothing. AES $330 for no other reason than the cheapest v3 AES carts I could find cost $50 more than MVS. I don't see MVS cart prices changing, but the price difference from the cheapest AES supplier to the second cheapest is $50, so if the one runs dry the price may change for that one.

If you provide a like-new, fully working v3 cart I will happily knock off my cart cost from the price (ie if it costs me $48 to buy an MVS cart I'll knock 48 off the cost), but I won't be working on one someone else has attempted to mod and damaged or take a stab at fixing non-working carts.

*If you want to include XenoCrisis you'll either have to provide proof of having purchased the roms, or I can purchase them for you and it'll cost that 15-17 extra (receipt and files provided). I wouldn't feel right putting their game on there without it being paid for.

Like I said, just a soft interest check, no commitment necessary at this time. If you're interested at that price-point, please chime in.

I think at 10-15 I'll pivot to taking names, and then deposits that are just enough to cover the cart purchases.

Current status list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1se4-FHEoJe7nrAHGI3BemvlTZqBaX3jreL2bOTrzP1Y/edit?usp=sharing

Now here's the message he sent me. 

"Hey Anthony,

Give me a bit to get caught up with both AP and KLOV's initial volley of requests and I will happily pay the folks over at AtariAge a visit. Feel free to tell them as much as well! I just don't have the mental bandwidth to balance a third set of PM's and ever more orders looming JUST yet, ha.

I'm really excited that you found this cool enough to share over there though! Thank you!

-Ryan"

Anthony...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

More news as well from Chipsonsteroids with their upcoming title Gladmort. The video is in French. Feel free to change the settings to your preference to end the subtitles on what the author has to say. :)

Gladmort was demoing at the Pixel Heart booth at Castle Geek 2023. I didn't attend. The game was unfortunately in emulation (lacks of linkers for the salons are missing 🥺).
Lots of animation still missing, difficulty settings need to be fine-tuned, but we've got gameplay that has now proven (and we're still improving!) ) 🤓
Thanks to Futuramax for this review 🥰
  · 
See original
  · 
Rate this translation

Anthony...

• Like 3

I'll have to consider it, need to keep a bit in reserve for a PC replacement still.  I'm trying to ride out the price hike shenanigans as supply lines aren't what they were a year or two ago(broken badly.)  I also have a new 161in1v3 as it is so that would knock off $50.

Would other homebrew like NeoTris be involved if they got distributed or like you need to own the ROM if it's sold like Xenocrisis? I can't see paying for it, tried it on evercade don't get the appeal.

7 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

For $280 for MVS I would be super interested; seems like an absolute bargain! 

I agree Rick. $280 for the upgraded 161-in-1 for the MVS compared to $608 for the NeoSD Pro. A $328 Dollar savings. Sounds like a sweet deal for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'll have to consider it, need to keep a bit in reserve for a PC replacement still.  I'm trying to ride out the price hike shenanigans as supply lines aren't what they were a year or two ago(broken badly.)  I also have a new 161in1v3 as it is so that would knock off $50.

Would other homebrew like NeoTris be involved if they got distributed or like you need to own the ROM if it's sold like Xenocrisis? I can't see paying for it, tried it on evercade don't get the appeal.

I have to give rewrite and his crew credit to offer those the option to send in their on 161n1v3 to save some dough Tanooki, From $280 down to $230. Not bad at all. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Retro Neo Ness. Here we see him and special guest Mr.WrightWay on Neo-geo titles what are expensive to collect or. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"They say that some #neogeogames are worth their weight in gold, and we're here to prove it. In this video, @MrWrightWay and I shine a spotlight on the insanely expensive titles that have become legends in the gaming collecting community. Discover the staggering prices and untold stories behind these coveted gems in part two of our condition and pricing series."

Anthony... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

I have to give rewrite and his crew credit to offer those the option to send in their on 161n1v3 to save some dough Tanooki, From $280 down to $230. Not bad at all. :)

Anthony..

This is awesome. I'll have to re-read through this thread since I have just moved and am just getting back into the swing of everything, but I read a bit about this and I have an AES 161-in-1 V3 coming and I would totally be down to have this re-worked!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eightbit said:

This is awesome. I'll have to re-read through this thread since I have just moved and am just getting back into the swing of everything, but I read a bit about this and I have an AES 161-in-1 V3 coming and I would totally be down to have this re-worked!

Alright!!! It's our friend Bruce. Great to see you back on with us bro. :thumbsup: :)

Glad that you moved and starting to get back to your normal self again. Yeah Bruce, this really is exciting to know. I put a deposit down for an AES version and looking forward on planning it to experience what is being mentioned in the Neo-Geo community. We all can't wait to play it. :)

Anthony... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

How long before Chips on Steroids uploads the NeoTris OST on either YouTube or SoundCloud?

I will say this about Gladmort: You can't go wrong with a Ghosts 'n Goblins clone on the Neo Geo.

I agree Slidel. It's a real cool and funky soundtrack. Too bad they never release an official OST CD for collectors to have. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 THE KING OF FIGHTERS XV welcomes DLC character HINAKO SHIJO on November 14th! Character trailer out today! >Trailer https://youtu.be/AUQrML1wGxE #KOFXV #KOF15 #HinakoShijo

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Check out the SNK World Championship regional qualifier tournament this week! FIGHTERS FEST Bavaria, Germany Nov 10th - 12th https://start.gg/tournament/fighters-fest/ #SNK #KOFXV #SWC2023

Anthony..

Hi guys,

11月12日(日)MAマン ×STUDIO24イベント追加情報 トークショーのイベント進行は… なんとKOF XVのクリス役の山﨑るいさん 皆さんお楽しみにー *イベントのお申し込みは 11月8日(水)19時~開始致します お申し込み方法は、明日告知させていただきます。 #SNK #BGMO #KOF
Translated from Japanese by
 November 12th (Sun) MA Man ×STUDIO24 event additional information  The talk show event progress is... Rui Yamazaki who plays Chris from KOF XV  Look forward to it everyone  *To apply for the event Starts from 19:00 on Wednesday, November 8th  Information on how to apply will be announced tomorrow. #SNK #BGMO #KOF

F-QQJixWoAAxCjW?format=jpg&name=medium

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【ACANEOGEO APP】 METAL SLUG 3 ACA NEOGEO is available to download on iOS/Android devices! App Store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/metal-slug-3-aca-neogeo/id1666778036 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acams3 Supports Bluetooth controllers! Look forward to more games on the way! #ACANEOGEO

ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG 3 | Deku Deals

Anthony..