IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

8 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

They finally made it look like the real cabinet. That’s good. A little late, but good. 

I agree on the cabinet style Daz. I like it. But it's going to be a hard sale for me since I already have enough Neo-Geo Mini's to add in the collection. I personally think the price isn't bad. Maybe they can do better. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

本年の採用に関する受付は終了しました。 いただいたお問い合わせは1月9日以降に随時対sします。 来年もよろしくお願いいたします ちょっと後出し情報になりますが、先週納会を実施しました 全社員が集う楽しい会となりました♪ 来年も素敵な出会いがありますように #就活 #25卒 #中途採用
Translated from Japanese by
Applications for this year's recruitment have ended. We will respond to any inquiries we receive from January 9th onwards. We look forward to working with you next year  This will be a little later information, but we held a meeting last week  It was a fun meeting where all employees gathered ♪ I hope we have a wonderful encounter next year  #就活 #25卒 #中途採用

GCQqzY1bUAAt2iM?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER OSAKA Vol.3イベント情報 新年2024年1月2日(火)より 真サムライスピリッツ30周年& サムライスピリッツ零SP20周年記s サムライスピリッツ大坂冬の陣~第一章~ を開催します 侍魂大坂冬の陣に行こうっ、ママハハ 行かなきゃ大自然のおしおきです #SNK #サムスピ
BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER OSAKA Vol.3 event information  New Year from January 2, 2024 (Tuesday) Shin Samurai Spirits 30th Anniversary & Samurai Spirits Zero SP 20th Anniversary  Samurai Spirits Osaka Winter Camp ~Chapter 1~ will be held  Let's go to the samurai soul Osaka winter camp, mamahaha  If you don't go, it will be a punishment from nature  #SNK #サムスピ

GBx6nKtagAAMFMe?format=jpg&name=medium

Anthony..

• Like 2

Hi guys,

「テリー・ボガード」フィギュアが受注開始。超絶技巧の彩色で仕上げたドット絵ビジュアルがすごい https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/news/231226q 『餓狼伝説SPECIAL』の姿を緻密な彩色で再現し、一見平面にも見える仕上がりに。筆塗りリペインターとして知られるMAマン氏の協力のもと、不可能と思われた量産化を実現
"Terry Bogard" figure is now available for order. Amazing pixel art visuals created with exquisite coloring skills https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/news/231226q The appearance of "Garou Densetsu SPECIAL" is reproduced with precise coloring, resulting in a finish that looks flat at first glance. With the cooperation of Mr. MA Man, known as a brush painting repainter, mass production, which was thought to be impossible, was achieved.

GCQXANNbUAA5uxH?format=jpg&name=small

GCQXANNbwAAl22v?format=jpg&name=360x360

GCQXANWawAAaPaP?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cobra Strike Down said:

They finally made it look like the real cabinet. That’s good. A little late, but good. 

The MVSX is not new, though (it was released at the end of 2020); it's just that it didn't exist in "mini" form until recently. I'm not sure it's from the same maker of the NeoGeo Mini, so it's not exactly a new, late model of that.

14 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

https://www.snkmvsx.com/products/snk-mvs-arcade-mini-red

SNK MVS MINI Arcade Red

SNK MVS MINI Arcade Red

SNK MVS Arcade MINI Red

45 Most Popular SNK Retro Games Preloaded
$7999

How long will it take to receive the goods after payment?

Delivery:

( 1 ) Order processing time: Usually 1 working days. It is the time elapsed between when the customer places the order and when the seller hands the order over to the delivery service. Generally, orders are shipped within 24 hours of order confirmation/payment.

( 2 ) Shipping time: usually 1 working days. In general, the estimated delivery time is only 3~5 working days (including order processing time). 

Our warehouse only operates on Monday – Friday during standard business hours, except on holidays. In these instances, we take steps to ensure shipment delays will be kept to a minimum.  

Note:(Does not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico)

This famous SNK MVSX arcade machine is based on the nostalgic SNK NEOGEO MVS arcade. 45 most popular SNK retro games preloaded . Bring you back to your childhood gaming time and experience the feeling of nostalgia.

Mini-sized, portable, play anytime, anywhere:  1360X580-1-2.jpeg?w=1360&h=580

1360X580-2-3.jpeg?w=1360&h=580

1360X580-3-1.jpeg?w=1360&h=580

1360X580-4-4.jpeg?w=1360&h=580

1360X580-7-2.jpeg?w=1360&h=580

Main detailed information:

Package List:
1* MVS mini Console 
1* Power Cable 
1* Instructions
1* Stickers 

Shipping method: FedEx

PRE-ORDER

Estimated shipping in early January 2024, Pacific Time.

Anthony...

Hi guys sorry if I missed it do we know the game line up? My mini has packed in so I may get one if it appears in the UK 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aduffy1976 said:

Hi guys sorry if I missed it do we know the game line up? My mini has packed in so I may get one if it appears in the UK 

Good question Allan. I was trying to find the the list of games included too. Unfortunately I can't find the list on their site. I did write to them, but haven't received a message back. I'll share the information once they respond bro. :)

Anthony.. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Retro Neo Ness. Here we see him discussing about Super Dodge Ball. What a great game this is. Enjoy.

From the description,

"Dive into the nostalgia with 'Super Dodge Ball' on the Neo Geo MVS! In this video, we explore the condition, gameplay, pricing, and playability of this classic sports game that has stood the test of time. Plus experience Ness open a cart to look at boards and chips! Witness the vibrant graphics and engaging gameplay that made 'Super Dodge Ball' a favorite among arcade enthusiasts. We'll assess the current market conditions, providing insights into the pricing trends and factors influencing the value of this MVS gem in today's collector's market. Join us as we throw, dodge, and reminisce about the timeless appeal of 'Super Dodge Ball.' Whether you're a dedicated collector or a gamer seeking retro thrills, this video offers a comprehensive look into the condition and gameplay of 'Super Dodge Ball,' helping you decide if it's the perfect addition to your Neo Geo MVS collection. Let's relive the glory days of arcade gaming together!" 

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【新規ファイター紹介:XI アーデルハイド】 格闘に関して天賦の才を持っている UEファイター XI アーデルハイド 彼の姿をチェックしてみましょう! #KOFAS #KOF #アーデルハイド
[New fighter introduction: XI Adelheid] He has a natural talent for fighting. UE Fighter XI Adelheid Let's check out his appearance! #KOFAS #KOF #アーデルハイド

GCUqf7_b0AAreaH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【新規ファイター紹介:2001 ハイデルン】 冷静かつ冷徹な性格、非常に口数が少ない。手刀をメインとした我流の暗殺術を使用する UEファイター2001 ハイデルン 彼の姿をチェックしてみましょう! #KOFAS #KOF #ハイデルン
[New fighter introduction: 2001 Heidern] He has a calm and cool personality, and is very taciturn. Uses a personal assassination technique that mainly uses hand swords UE Fighter 2001 Heidern Let's check out his appearance! #KOFAS #KOF #ハイデルン

GCUqhnnbYAAMPQm?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony

Hi guys,

[新規ファイター参戦] 2001ハイデルンとXIアーデルハイドが 新しく参戦しました! 格好いい彼らをゲットしましょう! ダウンロード:https://ntiny.link/_mbqN #KOFAS #KOF #ハイデルン #アーデルハイド
[New fighter participation] 2001 Heidern and XI Adelheid are newly participating! Let's get them cool! Download: https://ntiny.link/_mbqN #KOFAS #KOF #ハイデルン #アーデルハイド

GCbGfoMbkAACqZ5?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Back to the NGM MVS -- is it me or is that just the lineup of the Japanese unit?  It's all top heavy with fighters, slightly tweaked to house all the Metal Slug games at the cost of even less variety of the original Japanese unit?  I mean I want that for the shell alone, but ouch...that hurts.  I mean at that price it's a large ask, shame I can't contact the company and buy the shell for my existing as I'd love to swap the guts. :\  Seems pretty stupid/greedy to not just have the vast majority of the library to have that variety in the unit outside of licensing issues.  If you don't want to live the myth that SNK is just fighting and metal slug, that thing is almost useless.  Where's the puzzles, racing, platforming, single screen arcade platforming(Nightmare, Zupapa etc), and so on???

• Like 3

After 2 or 3 months without playing Fatal Fury Wild Ambition for the Hyper NeoGeo 64, turned it on yesterday and got this error message "Hyper NeoGeo64 system log reader setup wait a moment" and the next message is an error code. I also have the 2 Samurai Shodown and they work fine.

I have seen on the net more people with the same problem and no solution, so I'm not too optimistic, but hopefully...

GCcWp8bWEAApy6C.jpg

GCcWp8dXEAA1KwO.jpg

GCcWlLTWcAAzWau.jpg

• Like 1

@Tanooki Well said. The lack of variety in the late '90s-early '00s is what turned me off from the Neo Geo. That isn't going into how a lack of variety helped bankrupt SNK. On the other hand, I'm glad that SNK is back and considering broadening their horizons after so long. I'd definitely pay for a sequel to Magician Lord or a new Baseball Stars.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NeoPancho said:

After 2 or 3 months without playing Fatal Fury Wild Ambition for the Hyper NeoGeo 64, turned it on yesterday and got this error message "Hyper NeoGeo64 system log reader setup wait a moment" and the next message is an error code. I also have the 2 Samurai Shodown and they work fine.

I have seen on the net more people with the same problem and no solution, so I'm not too optimistic, but hopefully...

Oh-No!! Sorry that you're experiencing this problem Pancho. Hopefully it will be taken care of. Maybe our pal @Cobra Strike Down can help. He's more familiar with these types of problems, :)

Anthony..

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Back to the NGM MVS -- is it me or is that just the lineup of the Japanese unit?  It's all top heavy with fighters, slightly tweaked to house all the Metal Slug games at the cost of even less variety of the original Japanese unit?  I mean I want that for the shell alone, but ouch...that hurts.  I mean at that price it's a large ask, shame I can't contact the company and buy the shell for my existing as I'd love to swap the guts. 😕 Seems pretty stupid/greedy to not just have the vast majority of the library to have that variety in the unit outside of licensing issues.  If you don't want to live the myth that SNK is just fighting and metal slug, that thing is almost useless.  Where's the puzzles, racing, platforming, single screen arcade platforming(Nightmare, Zupapa etc), and so on???

The Unico MVS Mini is really going to be a tough sale for me Tanooki. I agree it's nothing more than a Japanese unit. They didn't even have a list of titles to share with the community on what they are (until now) and they just rebatched it using their own material. The price isn't so bad personally. But I think that $65.00 would be a better offer than it is now. The unit came out of nowhere and didn't even see an official announcement of their social media page until today.

Wishing them the best, but I don't know about this unit.

Anthony..

• Like 1

@Tanooki @SlidellMan @aduffy1976

Speaking of which. Here's what they shared today. $79 Dollars and a $99 Dollar option for the unit/comtroller combo. 

Thank you @BlackaneseNiNjA for the correction. :)

Bring Gaming Joy to the Holidays with SNK MVS Mini Pre-order for 45 SNK Classics, featuring portable fun and 2-player excitement with a 3.5" LCD, HD output Enrich your holiday – join for a gaming adventure! Check Now: https://bit.ly/3tztSes #snkmvsx #neogeo#retrogame

1360X580.jpeg?w=1360&h=580

Anthony...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

@Tanooki @SlidellMan @aduffy1976

Speaking of which. Here's what they shared today. Also, the price went up for $79 Dollars to $99 Dollars. Yikes!! :|

Here's the link to the original posting I shared with it. The price was originally at $79.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/223548-the-official-neo-geo-thread/?do=findComment&comment=5374350

Bring Gaming Joy to the Holidays with SNK MVS Mini Pre-order for 45 SNK Classics, featuring portable fun and 2-player excitement with a 3.5" LCD, HD output Enrich your holiday – join for a gaming adventure! Check Now: https://bit.ly/3tztSes #snkmvsx #neogeo#retrogame

1360X580.jpeg?w=1360&h=580

Anthony...

Hey whats up Charlie Cat, hope all is good, my friend.

The price is still $79.99; it’s the unit+controller combo that’s $99.99.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlackaneseNiNjA said:

Hey whats up Charlie Cat, hope all is good, my friend.

The price is still $79.99; it’s the unit+controller combo that’s $99.99.

ALRIGHT!! It's our pal @BlackaneseNiNjA. Great to see you again bro. :thumbsup: :)

Thank you for stopping by to clarify this. Good to see that the price is still at $79 bucks and there's a combo offer. That explains it then. I'll go back and fixed that posting that I made. Thank you for stopping by and looking out for us Ninja. A pleasure having you on with us and wishing you and your family a Happy New Year.

Come by anytime and post away with us as much as you like my friend. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Still isn't good enough.  I started on the NG when it wasn't some fighting gamers jailbait source.  If you look at what I own, I don't have that many fighters.  I've got the platformers, a few of the sports titles, a number of shooters, couple first person combat titles, puzzles, run n gun, and more.  I've got Garou MOTW, LB1, AoF1, SS1+3&4, WH1, and I think that's it so around 20% of my choices.  This though like 85% of it is the damned fighting games and the MS family tree (I have MS1+2 that's all.)

If I ever could find a broken one stupid cheap, I'd take the guts out of the one on my desk and swap it.

• Like 2