IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Metal Slug Tactics Trailer. Have fun playing the demo fellas. :)

From the description,

"Add Metal Slug Tactics to your Steam wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/15...

Experience the first-ever demo of Metal Slug Tactics, available today as part of Steam Next Fest from June 10-17. Watch our new Gameplay Overview Trailer to get your first tactical mission briefing. Begin in the barracks of the Peregrine Falcons Squad to assemble your team, considering each character’s unique abilities. Complete high-tension battles to unlock Tarma as a playable character. Metal Slug Tactics is a tribute to the iconic series, offering a fresh and imaginative take. It embodies METAL SLUG’s timeless aesthetic with stunning pixel art and fluid animation. Each mission features intense battles accompanied by original music composed by Tee Lopes, renowned for his work on Sonic Mania, League of Legends, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, and Streets of Rage 4’s Mr. X Nightmare DLC."

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Here's Madlittlepixel's take on the demo of Metal Slug Tactics. Enjoy. :)

This NEW Metal Slug game from@LeikirStudio@Dotemu IS AWESOME! Check out my gameplay of a few missions in my video here: https://youtu.be/0nEMq-kHlQc When the full game comes out I AM GOING TO BE HOOKED!

Anthony...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, shane857 said:

Neo Geo CD release please. 🌟

The game doesn’t seem very demanding, so there is no reason not to have a Neo Geo CD version. They would have to shrink the end bosses some because of memory restraints of the CD platform, but not much else.

Art of Fighting 3 was thought to be impossible on the Neo CD because of the large sprites, but SNK made it happen by resizing all the sprite data. Sure, the AES and MVS versions are the preferred version(s) to play, but the Neo Geo CD port holds its own. I believe the same would be true with Gladmort, if it came to Neo Geo CD. There will be differences, but the addictive, core gameplay elements would remain the same.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Metal Slug Tactics Trailer. Have fun playing the demo fellas. :)

From the description,

"Add Metal Slug Tactics to your Steam wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/15...

Experience the first-ever demo of Metal Slug Tactics, available today as part of Steam Next Fest from June 10-17. Watch our new Gameplay Overview Trailer to get your first tactical mission briefing. Begin in the barracks of the Peregrine Falcons Squad to assemble your team, considering each character’s unique abilities. Complete high-tension battles to unlock Tarma as a playable character. Metal Slug Tactics is a tribute to the iconic series, offering a fresh and imaginative take. It embodies METAL SLUG’s timeless aesthetic with stunning pixel art and fluid animation. Each mission features intense battles accompanied by original music composed by Tee Lopes, renowned for his work on Sonic Mania, League of Legends, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, and Streets of Rage 4’s Mr. X Nightmare DLC."

Anthony..

@Charlie Cat, will Metal Slug Tactics come to modern consoles or will it remain a Steam PC exclusive?

3 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

@Charlie Cat, will Metal Slug Tactics come to modern consoles or will it remain a Steam PC exclusive?

Hi Mike,

Yes, it will be offered for all modern gaming consoles. The Switch, PS5/PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One. Looking forward to it for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Back with more footage of Capt Barrel from Ozzy Yzzo. Here we also see Neo-Geo contributor zouzzz showing us his gaming skills in action playing the game. Excellent fellas. great work for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

@ColecoGamer in particular. I was going to ask Eli at @PikoInteractive about Knight's Chance, however Eli posted a tweet that I overlooked on June 5th. This is what he had to say. so it looks like they were ready on June 7th

Knight’s chance reprints are still being produced. I’ve been told by the factory that they hope to finish them by Friday and send our way. We are still good to fulfill in June. 😃

Anthony

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Expectations were truly shattered today! If you're just as excited about the new *Street Fighter* characters, as we are, let the world know with our Terry & Mai gear! https://merch.ten-o.gg/collections/the-king-of-fighters-street-fighter-6 #tenomerch

Terry & Joe ShirtALT

Mai Shiranui ShirtALT

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

SNK's Yasuyuki Oda Confirms Multiple New Projects, More Characters Coming To KOF 15 http://dlvr.it/T82rRL

SNK's Yasuyuki Oda Confirms Multiple New Projects, More Characters Coming To KOF 15

Fatal Fury isn’t the only thing the team at SNK is working on.

By Jason Fanelli  on June 9, 2024 at 9:45AM PDT

Comments

Fatal Fury: City Of The Wolves is on track for an early 2025 release. However, according to a top producer at SNK, that’s not the only thing cooking at the company right now.

Speaking with GameSpot at Summer Game Fest, Fatal Fury co-director Yasuyuki Oda confirmed that multiple projects are in development. One is the return of another of the company’s legacy fighting series, Art Of Fighting, while the other is an action-RPG entry in the Samurai Shodown franchise.

When asked about why now was the best time for Fatal Fury to return, Oda remarked that he wanted to bring the series back sooner, before then mentioning that the idea stems from a larger initiative to bring back franchises represented in The King Of Fighters.

"KOF has become our all-star game, and it was the only series that was really alive for a long time," Oda said via a translator. "The origin of KOF, of course, is all of the other games it brings together, so I want to go through and bring all of these other original IP back as much as possible."

Speaking of KoF, Oda also confirmed that more downloadable fighters will be coming to The King Of Fighters XV, though specific details on how many and release timing are still in discussions.

Fatal Fury: City Of The Wolves releases in early 2025 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Square profile pictureEvo@Evo

We sat down with developers at SNK to talk about the history and importance of the FATAL FURY series as well as its return with FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves. Watch our exclusive interview to learn more about what to expect from the upcoming title. http://youtube.com/watch?v=2yaFT-icwSk

From the description,
"We chat with the developers at SNK about the history and importance of the Fatal Fury series as well as its return with Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves Produced and edited by Esteban Martinez (@Holdbacktoblock) Videography by Core-A Studios Translation and interpretation by Phillip Kieu (@NightsideGaming) and Jonathan "KRISPYKAISER" Campana"

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

More updates from our pal @ShadowGangs on his game Shadow Gangs Zero. :)

Shadow Gangs Zero: We are preparing an anime style movie of around minute for the Kickstarter. Also, planning to have the NeoGeo demo ready by the first week of July!

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Today, we are with a gentleman by the name of Steve. Here we see him sharing his first video he made on YouTube on his Neo Geo CD collection. This will be fun to see. So let's dive right in on what are the games that Steve has in the collection. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"Firstly, apologies for the poor editing. I am using a mobile phone and I did not realise I filmed the first part sideways !! Something to learn from, I guess 😝 Collection so far: CONSOLES - Neo Geo CDZ Console GAMES - 17 Neo Geo CD Games ACCESSORIES - Neo Geo CD Controller Pro"

Anthony..

• Thanks 2

Hi guys,

Hardcore Brawlers, Streamlined Strategy Sims, and Big Head Cheat Codes Collide at @summergamefest
Here are the best things we saw at the summer’s biggest gaming expo: https://rollingstone.com/culture/rs-gaming/best-video-games-summer-game-fest-2024-1235038139/

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

Gold Star Team Update:

The time has come! The gameplay element has been added to Sensitivity, along with the complete sound track. There’s still work that needs to be done, but the hard part is over, thanks to our programmer JJ!

@Charlie Cat @shane857 @M-S

Looks good bro. 👍🏻 Are there going to be enemies/obstacles to avoid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Played a burned copy of Andro Dunos for the first time this evening...

This is a tough shooter, only 3 continues. Love the power-ups and the way the gameplay changes from horizontal/vertical.

Noticed Pixelheart are taking pre-orders for 24,90 euros. I'll buy a copy when it's actually released thou...

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Looks good bro. 👍🏻 Are there going to be enemies/obstacles to avoid?

This is an idea I would like to discuss with JJ. The premise of the game is to take out as many tiles as possible and get the highest score, which will be difficult in itself. We’ll keep you posted about other obstacles as things develop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was going to check if the Metal Slug Tactics demo was on the Nintendo Switch, it isn't, but I noticed that it's going to be the first SNK game on the Switch that isn't a rerelease, for some reason I remembered it having more than just Arcade Archives.

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

Played a burned copy of Andro Dunos for the first time this evening...

This is a tough shooter, only 3 continues. Love the power-ups and the way the gameplay changes from horizontal/vertical.

Noticed Pixelheart are taking pre-orders for 24,90 euros. I'll buy a copy when it's actually released thou...

I don't know about the Neo Geo CD specifically, but in the long run playing a lot of burned CDs isn't good for the reader of old consoles, you probably won't have issues playing a few of those for a while, there are a few stores that sell professionally pressed discs, but since Pixelheart is doing so many official rereleases you won't need them for anything other than the ones owned by SNK.

Edited by M-S
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, M-S said:

I don't know about the Neo Geo CD specifically, but in the long run playing a lot of burned CDs isn't good for the reader of old consoles.

Heard it for decades and done it for decades without particular effects on ngcd and many others.

The GameCube requires a little trim up because power to the laser is limited on purpose to make minidvd unreadable (well almost unreadable), but it’s easy enough to do.

Not saying it’s false but at my playing rate it made absolutely zero diff. Just use taiyo yuden cdr if you can still find them (applies also to gc minidvd) and usually zero issues, other brands work too of course but some less well than others.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 3