IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Many thanks to Anthony for drawing me towards the Neo Geo and its great library of games!

If I didn't see this thread on Atariage I would never have plunged into playing and collecting Neogeo games.

Your hard work in here is much appreciated!👏👍😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

@ColecoGamer @SlidellMan @GoldLeader @wolfy62 @M-S @Madwindoman @Punisher5.0 @evilevoix @Stage_1_Boss @INTVCruise @retrorussell @Reaperman @roots.genoa @Razzie.P @Zap! @neogeo1982@KidGameR186496 @Kiwi @SoundGammon @Serguei2 @bent_pin  @Cobra Strike Down @Rick Dangerous @128Kgames @eightbit @ECWfan @SpicedUp! @Mikebloke @Hwlngmad @Steril707 @OldSchoolRetroGamer @NeoPancho @Franjo @MarkoCG77 @masschamber @joeatari1 @electricmastro @DJ Clae @Darrin9999 @Steven Pendleton @swlovinist  @drludos @japangameonline @awbacon  @Bratwurst @GoldenWheels @SoundGammon @Songbird @PikoInteractive @eebuckeye  @Metal Jesus @aduffy1976 @drludos @MarkoCG77 @SpicedUp! @Albert @dak1ngofgames98 @GoldenWheels @mtshark7 @Villordsutch @BlackaneseNiNjA @NeonPeon @Mx5dob @lutechsource @tuna sashemie @shane857

@frankodragon

Dear AtariAge members and guest,

The Official NEO-GEO Thread on Atariage.com has just reached 2,000,000 views and continues to grow for the community to benefit and enjoy even after celebrating its 10th Anniversary. It's been amazing in which this thread help introduced Neo-Geo to the Atariage.com forums at a time when the Neo-Geo consoles and it's library of titles was hardly ever discussed or even mention compared to other popular units and companies that continuously are mentioned throughout the site.

As a dedicated and long time buff of the Neo-Geo and SNK, I wanted to start a thread for it in order to interest and help contribute for others to participate. It wasn't going to be a simple task since the Neo-Geo is a niche market to begin with while the vast majority on here don't possess the consoles or the games. So it was going to be an uphill challenge to try to make this successful. 

But thankfully, it worked. We as a gaming group were able to make this successful on the AtariAge forums for all to come by, see, and post away with us to discuss and view our Neo-Geo and SNK related material that we have to offer. It's been an amazing ride and wish to thank you all for making it possible. Without your help, The Official NEO-GEO Thread wouldn't have made it to where it is today. 

I also like to give a special thanks to Albert Yarusso, the administrator of AtariAge.com for allowing me to create the Neo-Geo thread and his continued support for what it offers to help this gaming forum and the thread to expand in areas that we thought wasn't imaginable.  Thank you Albert. If it wasn't for you to give me permission to let this thread grow, we wouldn't be where we are today.

As always fellas. Keep up the great work, and always looking forward on seeing you on with us doing what you do best. Let's continue onward, and wishing you all the greatest and thank once anew on making The Official NEO-GEO Thread a success. :)

Sincerely,

Charlie Cat

(Anthony) 

Mickey (Michelle) Stewart on X: "Thank you for the 2 Million Views. #drum  #drummers #bodhran #music https://t.co/hkRr15jmwC https://t.co/E96m4TAQut"  / X

1080x360

Top 10 Gaming Console Failures | REALITYPOD

Anthony...

Thank you, Anthony, for the years of hard work that has gone into this thread. I first came as an enthusiast and Neo Geo gamer, to now a developer of Neo Geo software. None of this would have been possible without you. Game on!

• Thanks 1

Good to see!

Good timing, too; today I finally ordered the 8BitDo Neo Geo CD controller after... however long it's been since it released. It will arrive tomorrow at an unknown time, but I'll see how it compares to the original controller. I'm mainly just curious to see how it is, but I played some Metal Slug on the AES the other day with the CD controller and I found that I missed using it and have a few PC games that have fixed keyboard bindings that I don't like and the PS5 controller has annoying compatibility problems.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

Many thanks Anthony for keeping the torch for the Neo-Geo so well lit and informing us all that has and/or will go on for system(s).  Take care and blessings always.

Thank you Ryan. Great to see you with us on the Neo-Geo thread bro. Keep up the great work you do for us in the community. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steril707 said:

Thanks for keeping the flame alive for the NG, Anthony... :)

You're welcome Mike. Always a pleasure to see you on with us and allowing me to share your Hyperblaster content bro. :)

Anthony..

12 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Many thanks to Anthony for drawing me towards the Neo Geo and its great library of games!

If I didn't see this thread on Atariage I would never have plunged into playing and collecting Neogeo games.

Your hard work in here is much appreciated!👏👍😊

You're welcome Dale. Glad to introduce you to the many fun games that the Neo-Geo has to offer and looking forward to you continuing onwards with more.. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Thank you, Anthony, for the years of hard work that has gone into this thread. I first came as an enthusiast and Neo Geo gamer, to now a developer of Neo Geo software. None of this would have been possible without you. Game on!

A pleasure doing Mike. Looking forward to playing your game soon and the many others you have planned for the Neo-Geo. :)

Anthony...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Good to see!

Good timing, too; today I finally ordered the 8BitDo Neo Geo CD controller after... however long it's been since it released. It will arrive tomorrow at an unknown time, but I'll see how it compares to the original controller. I'm mainly just curious to see how it is, but I played some Metal Slug on the AES the other day with the CD controller and I found that I missed using it and have a few PC games that have fixed keyboard bindings that I don't like and the PS5 controller has annoying compatibility problems.

Great to know Steve. We would love to read on what you have to say about the 8BitDo controllers and glad you went back playing the Neo Geo CD controller pad again. Still remember like it was yesterday when you mentioned it arrived to your pad bro. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[KOF XV] Participate in the "KOF XV" #PS5 tournament and get a special PSN avatar! The avatar coming this week is LEONA! ■How to participate Register from the PS5 console game hub *Times vary by region #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Gladmort on Steam. Alright!!

The #GladMort #Steam page is here! Discover a new #action #platformer, inspired by Ghost'n Goblins, Magician Lord and Metal Slug Ready to play a real villain?  #WISHLIST NOW  https://bit.ly/4cOEjvt #WishlistWednesday #retrogaming #retrogamer #adventure

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

The creators of Project Neon are getting ready to ship the game soon folks. :)

Final review of everything. Shirts + Coffee Mugs following later this week.. Can't wait to assemble and send out hundreds of these soon   If you want a copy with the first batch, ordering by Friday would be appreciated so we can bump initial production run numbers. 

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

More from Nalua Studios on the upcoming game Vengeance Hunters for the Neo-Geo. :)

Let us celebrate some Vengeance Hunters art today! From the wonderful mind/design of @the_freeminder , lovingly referred to as "fat_zombie" by the team and translated into VH by @Gypopothomas. The Fat Zombie will puke his way into your heart when VH launches later this year!

@NaluaStudio's video Tweet

Anthony..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Great to know Steve. We would love to read on what you have to say about the 8BitDo controllers and glad you went back playing the Neo Geo CD controller pad again. Still remember like it was yesterday when you mentioned it arrived to your pad bro. :)

Anthony..

I'll do what I can. I can't do any objective testing on it since I don't have any hardware for that, but I may open it and compare the internals to a real Neo Geo CD controller. I REALLY hope they fixed it so the controller doesn't start to break down after a while like the originals do.

I guess there are only a few things that it works on without any extra adaptors: PC, Neo Geo Mini (which I don't have), MiSTer, and that's about it, so there is not much I can try it with. It's an odd decision, as I'd at least have expected them to make it compatible with the Switch, but they didn't.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

NeofidStudios. The publisher of Demons of Asteborg DX has it's game on sale for the Neo-Geo as part of the Summer special. Excellent!! :)

Summer sales start today at Neofid Studios!  Take advantage of our neo-retro games at reduced prices!  Order here : https://neofid-studios.com  #megadrive #GBA #neogeo #sega

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Summer vacation is here! Enhance your downtime with the MVSX MINI. Our latest shipment is ready—grab yours now for endless retro gaming fun!  https://snkmvsx.com/products/snk-mvs-mini-arcade-deluxe #MVSXMINI #RetroGaming #SummerVacation #GameOn

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I guess there are only a few things that it works on without any extra adaptors: PC, Neo Geo Mini (which I don't have), MiSTer, and that's about it, so there is not much I can try it with. It's an odd decision, as I'd at least have expected them to make it compatible with the Switch, but they didn't.

That's because SNK used to sell their own Neo Geo Mini to Nintendo Switch/PS4 adapter, I don't know if they do anymore.

• Like 1

Been playing Final Romance 2/Idol Mahjong this evening...

I don't fully understand the rules or speak any Japanese, seams a bit like dominoes to me. The game is still playable thou

Really enjoy the relaxing/addictive gameplay. And no, NOT because of the stripping ladies 😂

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Albert said:

Wow, congratulations on over 2,000,000 views and over 36,000 posts (each page of the thread has 25 posts)!  That's pretty incredible! 

Please continue to have fun!  :D

..Al

Thank you for stopping by to celebrate with us for the occasion Albert. If it wasn't for you allowing me to establish the Neo-Geo thread, it would've never made it to what it is today. We thank you for doing so and it's an honor seeing you here and we appreciate the posting you shared with us kind sir. :)

Anthony... 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【KOF XV】 毎日11時と21時開催の『KOF XV』#PS5トーナメント に参加して、週替わりの限定PSNアバターをゲットしよう! 今週は「レオナ・ハイデルン」のアバターが登場! ■参加方法 PS5本体のゲームハブより登録 #KOFXV #KOF15
Translated from Japanese by
[KOF XV] Join "KOF XV" #PS5トーナメント every day at 11:00 and 21:00 and get a limited PSN avatar that changes every week! This week, the "Leona Heidern" avatar appears! ■ How to participate Register via the PS5 console's Game Hub #KOFXV #KOF15

GQ4ll2HbwAAIire?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

「FRIDAYデジタル」にて、SNKプロデューサー・小田の『餓狼伝説 City of the Wolves』インタビュー記事が掲載されました。 是非ご覧ください。 https://friday.kodansha.co.jp/article/378664 #餓狼伝説 #CotW
Translated from Japanese by
An interview with SNK producer Oda about "Garou Densetsu City of the Wolves" was published in "FRIDAY Digital". Please take a look. https://friday.kodansha.co.jp/article/378664 #餓狼伝説 #CotW

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! http://start.gg/JustKOF #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony..

• Thanks 1