IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【月末キャラ】 7月の月末キャラクター正解は:「ビリーXV Ver」 当選のプレイヤー様は: 当選のプレイヤー様には600ダイヤをプレゼントします!おめでとうございます!! #KOF98UMOL #KOF #ビリー・カーン
Translated from Japanese by
[Monthly character] The correct answer for July's end-of-month character is: "Billy XV Ver." The winning players are: The winning player will receive 600 diamonds! Congratulations! #KOF98UMOL #KOF #ビリー・カーン
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GTUkTfpawAEeVCA?format=jpg&name=small
From adj.st

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

#スイカの日】 今日はスイカの日! 皆様はこの夏、スイカを食べましたか? ゲーム内でスイカ要素が含むスクショをコメントに残してください! 抽選で5名様にアイテムパックをプレゼント! 〆:7月29日0:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF
[ #スイカの日 ] Today is Watermelon Day! Did you eat watermelon this summer? Leave a comment with a screenshot of the game that includes watermelon elements! We will give away an item pack to 5 lucky winners! Deadline: July 29th 0:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF

GTZ-qacagAEl6b2?format=jpg&name=small
From adj.st

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Billy Kane announced for Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves in new trailer sporting a very different look

EventHubs

Billy Kane announced for Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves in new trailer sporting a very different look

None
Posted by Dakota 'DarkHorse' Hills • July 25, 2024 at 9:02 p.m. PDT • Comments: 54

24-billy-kane-reveal-fatal.webp

Although Evo 2024 basically just wrapped up with a ton of fighting game announcements, it's certainly never too early to get some more.

SNK released a new trailer for Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves today revealing Billy Kane as the next playable character for the fighting game revival at ChinaJoy 2024.

Billy is sporting a very different look than what he typically wears in the past though you can still recognize who it is by that staff he still carries around.

The guy has ditched his bandana, picked up a pair of sunglasses and started growing out his facial hair a bit. He even put on a shirt.

Billy Kane Fatal Fury 8 out of 13 image gallery

If anything the design looks closest to one of his outfits from The King of Fighters for Girls, but when you see him in action, it's still definitely the character we've known since the original Fatal Fury.

Those who've played the past games or King of Fighters 15 will see some very familiar moves with his signature triple pole strikes for extended range and some pogo stick capabilities, but he's also got some new tricks too.

That's especially true with the new REV system giving Billy more combo potential than he's ever had before.

The official character description lets fans know a bit of what Kane's been up to after sitting out of the action in Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Billy Kane Fatal Fury 3 out of 13 image gallery

"As a loyal right-hand man to the infamous Geese Howard, Billy has taken the reins of the Howard Connection following his late mentor's demise. Though he now leads the syndicate, he is consumed by the challenge of guiding his bereaved family of associates into a new era. One thing remains certain amidst the darkness and turmoil: Billy harbors a deep grudge against

Terry Bogard, the man responsible for his master's death."

Billy was also revealed to be voiced by Chris Sharpes in English and Masaki Masaki in Japanese, who became the official actor for him starting in King of Fighters 14.

Geese's right-hand man marks the 10th character revealed for the new Fatal Fury following Kevin Rian's announcement at Evo as well as Rock Howard, Terry Bogard, B. Jenet, Marco Rodrigues, Preecha, Hotaru Futaba, Vox Reaper, and Tizoc.

This makes Kane the only classic Fatal Fury character to be included in City of the Wolves who was not present in Garou too like Terry.

Billy Kane Fatal Fury 7 out of 13 image gallery

No release date was given beyond the early 2025 window still, but we know the game is still in development for the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC as well as the PlayStation 4 now.

You can check out both versions of Billy's trailer below as well as official screenshots of the boy in action.

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

New Art of Fighting and Samurai Shodown games confirmed in the works at SNK, developer urgently hiring

EventHubs

New Art of Fighting and Samurai Shodown games confirmed in the works at SNK, developer urgently hiring

None
Posted by Dakota 'DarkHorse' Hills • July 24, 2024 at 12:15 p.m. PDT • Comments: 39

23-new-art-fighting-samsho.webp

Evo 2024 was a huge weekend for fighting game fans enjoying the current state of the scene, but also a look ahead at what's coming in the future.

SNK had probably the most to reveal out of everyone at the event, and that included discussions about Art of Fighting and Samurai Shodown getting new games too.

There was of course one of (if not the) biggest surprise of the show being the rerelease of SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos as well as Kevin Rian joining the cast of Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves.

Before all of that, however, SNK held their developer panel that Friday night, July 19, where they revealed Vice and Mature as the special DLC characters for The King of Fighters 15 and teased what's coming further down the pipeline.

"There's a lot of stuff in the works," saidS NK Producer Joshua Weatherford on the stage. "There's a lot of stuff I can't talk about. But we've got a few projects that are very far out. We want to get more and more staff, because we need more people to make these crazy awesome games.

One that got a lot of press over here is that we have announced that we're making a new Art of Fighting actually. So you're going to see South Town in its full '70s glory brawling again."

We actually first heard about a new Art of Fighting at the end of 2023 in a New Year's message from senior SNK Producer Yasuyuki Oda as a quick little mention, but now we have further confirmation that the project is indeed moving forward.

It does sound as though Art of Fighting will likely be a more traditional fighting game like in the past, but the brand new Samurai Shodown title they also teased at Evo is heading in a different direction this time.

"Also, one of the projects I'm in charge of, that we also mentioned at the same time, is a Samurai Shodown action RPG," continued Weatherford. "Look forward to that one, we have a lot surprises in store for that one.

This is pretty big news for fans of both franchises because while SamSho did receive a new entry / reboot in 2019, Art of Fighting hasn't seen a brand new title since 1996.

Taking the world / setting of Samurai Shodown and opening it up to explore and do more sounds pretty interesting, and it's something SNK hasn't really attempted since coming back in its current company iteration.

With Fatal Fury not set to release until early 2025, the soonest we could probably expect to see a first glimpse at either of these new games would be in 2026 or maybe even 2027.

These projects don't seem very far along at all, especially considering SNK is still hiring for them.

As stated on the recruitment page, both projects are currently under development and are currently recruiting large numbers of people. If you are interested, please apply. https://snk-corp.co.jp/recruit/eng/

w_BeA08U_normal.jpgGematsu@gematsu Jul 20
New Art of Fighting game and Samurai Shodown action RPG in development https://gematsu.com/2024/07/new-art-of-fighting-game-and-samurai-shodown-action-rpg-in-development

"And if you're a fan of these franchises and you're looking for an in-development job, send in your applications, we need more people to help us make these awesome games. I need more people on that team for sure," said Weatherford.

On the website for SNK and the new Samurai Shodown project, they show job openings for multiple artists, planners, sound directors and programmers, so if that sounds right up your alley and are open to moving to Osaka, it'd probably be a good idea to try applying.

What ultimately comes of these projects remains to be seen, but it's a good sign that in a year that's seen thousands of video game industry lay offs, SNK is looking to expand and do more.

If you think you missed any of the other big announcements from Evo weekend, check out our full recap of the reveals here.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Time Extension - Retro Gaming News 24/7

SNK Vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos Is Coming To Modern Platforms

Update: Physical release confirmed

by Damien McFerran  Wed, 4:50am

Update [Wed 24th Jul, 2024 09:45 BST]: 

SNK Vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos is also getting a physical release thanks to Limited Run Games and Pix'n Love Games:

The legendary SNK VS. CAPCOM SVC CHAOS returns in an ultimate version on #NintendoSwitch & #PS4! SNK’s masterpiece will be available in three variants: Standard, Collector's and Deluxe.   Preorder on July 25 at 4 p.m. (UK time) on http://pixnlove.com

The Neo Geo crossover fighter SNK Vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos is coming to modern systems.

It's available on Steam now, costing $19.99. It's coming to PS4, Switch and GOG on July 22nd.

The Neo Geo crossover fighter SNK Vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos is coming to modern systems.

It's available on Steam now, costing $19.99. It's coming to PS4, Switch and GOG on July 22nd.

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

Time Extension - Retro Gaming News 24/7

Promising Fan Project 'Pocket Fighter EX' Was Cancelled "Because Unity Betrayed Its Devs"

"They changed the rules suddenly"

by Damien McFerran  Thu 11th Jul 2024

Promising Fan Project 'Pocket Fighter EX' Cancelled "Because Unity Betrayed Its Devs" 1  

If you're a fan of the Capcom vs. SNK spin-off series, then you might have heard about Pocket Fighter EX.

An unofficial tribute based on the Neo Geo Pocket title Match of the Millennium built using Unity, it was the work of just one person – MarcDWyz – and saw characters from Street Fighter and King of Fighters duking it out.

An early version of the game was released in 2018 for Windows-based PCs, but we've now heard from MarcDWyz that the project has been cancelled.

"I will never go back to the Unity Engine after what they did," says the developer on social media when asked why the game was cancelled. "I would have to start over from the beginning. Before I could even do it I would have to re-develop my extensive 2D framework AND rollback netcode in another engine."

Promising Fan Project 'Pocket Fighter EX' Cancelled "Because Unity Betrayed Its Devs" 1Promising Fan Project 'Pocket Fighter EX' Cancelled "Because Unity Betrayed Its Devs" 1
Promising Fan Project 'Pocket Fighter EX' Cancelled "Because Unity Betrayed Its Devs" 1Promising Fan Project 'Pocket Fighter EX' Cancelled "Because Unity Betrayed Its Devs" 1

When asked to elaborate further, MarcDWyz replied:

"Unity Engine is tracking players with spyware in every game made with it to extort developers. They changed the rules suddenly and went after EVERY game ever made in Unity past and present. I won't let them do that to me, or you. I quit using it."

MarcDWyz explains that he is currently learning Unreal Engine and making a 2D framework for it in his latest project, Mega Man: The Rulers of Space.

Anthony...

8 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

It isn't just Riccitello who ruined that engine; the rest of the foundation heads are also guilty. And just when it was getting respectable games, too.

And a real shame it is Slidel. Think of the possibilities that could've been offered for us to benefit from for sure. :|

Anthony.. 

Hi guys,

Hey, Hey, Hey! I am beyond excited to announce I’m voicing Billy Kane in Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves. These were fun sessions To use my native accent is wild. I hope you love him as much as I do! Huge thanks to @ACMtalent @SoundCadence and Melissa Grillo!

PLdEj9co_normal.jpgSNK GLOBAL @SNKPofficial
·
Jul 26
[FATAL FURY: CotW] Billy Kane, new leader of the Howard Connection after Geese's demise, sticks it to the opposition! Voice Actors: Chris Sharpes (EN) Masaki Masaki (JA) Trailer now up: https://youtu.be/e-XEdURwdeU #FatalFury #CotW @chrissharpesVO
Show more

Anthony..

4 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Hope I'm not wearing out my welcome with rookie questions.  But, without your help I'm making rookie mistakes :)

What's the best way to purchase an AES system?  feeBay wants at least $500+ for a basic AES.

Hi Jason,

No, not at all brother man. Feel free to ask as much as you like with Neo-Geo questions. We are here to help. :)

Ah, I have just the unit that's up your alley. Yes, it in the $500+ area and located in Japan. BUT....The seller is  reputable and perfect for your Neo-Geo gaming needs and development. In fact, I recommended fellow AtariAge member and pal @ShadowGangs this seller on Ebay and he purchased a unit from him to help develop his upcoming game Shadow Gangs Zero for the AES. So feel confident on receiving a good investment Jason. :)

Plus, I also lending one of my Neo-Geo units to fellow AtariAge member and friend @ColecoGamer a unit that also was originally from this Ebay seller as well for him to create his game . Has everything needed to play and using the 4.0 Unibios as well. 

It comes with controller, all the hookups, and the most recent Unibios out on the Neo-Geo as well. A best offer is available as well. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/296584691386?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110013%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIMRXI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D270232%26meid%3D68908a78ba3442db95247ab1ab9a7cff%26pid%3D101843%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D24%26itm%3D296584691386%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D4375194%26algv%3DSimRXIHPWebV2WithSellersOwnItemsFilter%26brand%3DSNK&_trksid=p4375194.c101843.m3021&itmprp=cksum%3A29658469138668908a78ba3442db95247ab1ab9a7cff|enc%3AAQAJAAABAAoKcAxVRPPOVawgdxyN9B9fBzP2jAE2Mzn87poeAIfwCx43CUd%2BQ5qpNoZZoeFnrxOrr9detRj20Hhbj%2BP9H7Ue60s4j3253tyWKjG0XDb2CMfr%2FZBqmKCqV2ou8hQ1aCIBgViToYXraTYCoE1ES%2Bm6vqG9E2RhOlanX%2BHW2rSH02T6%2FdR76EYd9WZ6r%2BMb91yGLeOVLLrzwvo%2FrWV6oUjJWbpOeHR0EI%2BakyR2TXBZEnJlOs2BPAxemx8mNeDMp5dZ6pSn3lQpX%2B--LjgKUs9ZfSIvsnU%2Br5%2BzNxqLCo2zmolDyTsWyHNXICJLMAketR8xmPOs50JtTvj5xWjEphc%3D|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A4375194&epid=25064275339&itmmeta=01J3WJNG8J434X4DYAE5Y3AYZ6&_trkparms=parentrq%3Af92abfea1900a8dae7e61bf0fffec65a|pageci%3A2977a073-4cd7-11ef-8352-7e9beb4e5c9c|iid%3A1|vlpname%3Avlp_homepage

The seller has other units that could fit your interest as well Jason. Feel free to ask anymore inquiries bro. We are here to help you as much as possible. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Hope I'm not wearing out my welcome with rookie questions.  But, without your help I'm making rookie mistakes :)

What's the best way to purchase an AES system?  feeBay wants at least $500+ for a basic AES.

I did buy the console Anthony suggest to me from the seller in Japan, it was delivered fast, and in near new condition, it could pass for new, no problem, even the controllers.

It had a SamSho cart, (without the box) too.

Very pleased with the purchase, it's expensive yes, but I think these consoles now might be rare?

Things I did buy seperatly from Amazon to be able to run it:

1) Power supply, the console came with a Japanese 100 volts I think, I needed to buy either a step down converter (expensive) or a 220volts power supply so that it works in the UK. Careful when buying the power supply, I would suggest better

just buying a step down converter and plugin on it the original power supply.

2) Composite to HDMI scaler and a USB main power supply.(needed for the scaler)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gold Star Team Update:

Superb news! Sensitivity is finished and in the testing phase. Once testing is finished, the game will be available for sale. The graphics, animation and sound track has been made by yours truly.

A gameplay video from a playtest will be uploaded soon, showing how difficult the game actually is.

I have played it many times and I can tell you - this game is a HARDCORE puzzler.

The Neo Geo CD has NEVER had a game so nail-bitingly hard before!

More as it develops!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

Gold Star Team Update:

This really is fantastic news to know Mike. We appreciate the update from you regaring it bro. We can't wait to see the end results with it for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ShadowGangs said:

Hi SG,

Thank you for stopping by to share your thoughts on the Neo-Geo unit that I recommended for you to purchase. Were glad that it's to your liking and benefiting you for your development of Shadow Gangs Zero brother man. Always a pleasure to see you on and posting away with us. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

This really is fantastic news to know Mike. We appreciate the update from you regaring it bro. We can't wait to see the end results with it for sure. :)

Anthony..

Thank you, Anthony. We decided not to include any enemies because the puzzle game is so hard by itself. We wanted it to be playable at least.

You wonder how a puzzle game could be so hard. Well, you have to clear the tiles in a specific order. If you don’t, you’re stuck and have to start over. The only way around it is to kill your player (lose a life).

When released, the player will have five lives. The play tester has more lives to help them get through the levels and find any bugs, if any.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Here’s the play test video for Sensitivity. You’ll recognize some levels from the beta version.

This video goes beyond those. Tell us if this seems challenging enough or not!

Oh wow! This really looks great Mike. Nice to see this almost ready for us to play soon. If you could bro, give JJ are complements for all his has done for the game. :)

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

[FATAL FURY: CotW] Check out the character design sheet for Billy Kane! Character page also live over on the official site! https://snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/fatalfury-cotw/characters/billy.php #FatalFury #CotW #BillyKane

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

#プレゼントキャンペーン 開中 #餓狼伝説ウィッシュリスト公開キャンペーン[第6弾] 【#Amazonギフトカード 1000円分】が100名様に当たるチャンス 今すぐフォローしてリポストするだけでs募完了! 期間:7月28日23時59分ま 当選者は8月中にDMで通知 #キャンペーン #餓狼伝説
#プレゼントキャンペーン Now on  #餓狼伝説ウィッシュリスト公開キャンペーン [6th round] Chance to win 1000 yen worth of #Amazonギフトカード for 100 people  Just follow us now and repost to enter! Period: Until 23:59 on July 28th  Winners will be notified by DM in August  #キャンペーン #餓狼伝説

GSz49L5asAAtTb-?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

iOS /Android版『餓狼 MotW アケアカNEOGEO』を配信開始! テリーに育てられたギースの息子ロックを主人公に迎えた『餓狼伝説』シリーズの後継作! ブレーキングなどの新システムで対戦を楽しもう! App Store https://apps.apple.com/JP/app/garou-motw-aca-neogeo/id1672882245 Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acamow #アケアカNEOGEO
The iOS/Android version of "Garou MotW ACA NEOGEO" is now available! A successor to the "Fatal Fury" series, featuring Geese's son Rock, who was raised by Terry, as the main character! Enjoy battles with new systems such as braking!  App Store https://apps.apple.com/JP/app/garou-motw-aca-neogeo/id1672882245  Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snk.acamow #アケアカNEOGEO

GTEHoJIakAA5q64?format=png&name=360x360

GTEHpMrbkAEBx9Z?format=jpg&name=360x360

GTEHp8jbUAA6Ab3?format=jpg&name=360x360

GTEHqtFb0AAS8GK?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthon..