IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I wasn't sure where to post this. I just ordered a new consolized MVS system off of ebay. Considering trying out the 161:1 multicart but I've been shopping around for controllers and came across this on ebay: "Arcade CBOX 15Pin Interface Gamepad Used For Superun SNK NEOGEO Game Accessory Joystick".

Here is a photo of the gamepad that they are selling for $30 from China. Has anyone tried one of these controllers and does it in fact remap the buttons to a 6 button layout without combo moves? I mean it looks like that's what they are advertising from the photo but unsure. I'm guessing the extra buttons are simply not connected so I'm not sure what they are advertising so might just go with a traditional 4 button gamepad.

Screenshot_20240803_080958_eBay.jpg

Edited by odyssey
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, odyssey said:

I wasn't sure where to post this. I just ordered a new consolized MVS system off of ebay. Considering trying out the 161:1 multicart but I've been shopping around for controllers and came across this on ebay: "Arcade CBOX 15Pin Interface Gamepad Used For Superun SNK NEOGEO Game Accessory Joystick".

Here is a photo of the gamepad that they are selling for $30 from China. Has anyone tried one of these controllers and does it in fact remap the buttons to a 6 button layout without combo moves? I mean it looks like that's what they are advertising from the photo but unsure. I'm guessing the extra buttons are simply not connected so I'm not sure what they are advertising so might just go with a traditional 4 button gamepad.

Screenshot_20240803_080958_eBay.jpg

This is not a good controller for neo geo gaming in my opinion. The button layout is all wrong. And I doubt there is any button remapping. You’d be better off with a 4 button super nintendo style button layout. Also on some of these cheap controllers the d pads are not great. You definitely want a quality controller or stick to fully enjoy the games. This is only my opinion  take it with a grain of salt

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Madwindoman said:

This is not a good controller for neo geo gaming in my opinion. The button layout is all wrong. And I doubt there is any button remapping. You’d be better off with a 4 button super nintendo style button layout. Also on some of these cheap controllers the d pads are not great. You definitely want a quality controller or stick to fully enjoy the games. This is only my opinion  take it with a grain of salt

I guess I'll just wait to get a better controller. The unit I purchased has usb controller ports as well as db15. I'm going to hook up my ps4 controller through a wire since the unit is advertised to work with this type of controller. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

[Announcement] COMITÊ ARENA 2024 has become a Qualifying Tournament of SNK World Championship 2025! The winner of the KOF XV will be invited to the SWC 2025. Check out the registration: https://start.gg/tournament/comit-arena-2024/ #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

『THE KING OF FIGHTERS'94×ウェブポン』が8/9(金)12:00〜発売決定!!ウェブポン限定グッズがハズレなしでsずどれか当たる!10日間限定販売なのでお見逃しなく!詳細はコチラ→https://webpon.net/shop/KF/plan/KF1 #KOFウェブポン
Translated from Japanese by
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS'94 x Webpon" will be released on Friday, August 9th at 12:00! You are guaranteed to win one of the Webpon limited edition goods! This is a 10-day limited sale, so don't miss out! For more details, click here →https://webpon.net/shop/KF/plan/KF1 #KOFウェブポン

GT8e9JRakAAKEwF?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

Hi guys,

PROOF 400円カプセルトイ新商品 餓狼伝説SPECIAL 技表マグネット 名作格闘ゲーム 「餓狼伝説SPECIAL」の技表がマグネットとなって登場! 餓狼が誇る人気スター、ここに集結!総勢15人の餓狼スターがマグネットで大激突!!  2024年11月発売予定!
PROOF New 400 yen capsule toy products  Garou Densetsu SPECIAL Technique List Magnet The technique list from the classic fighting game "Garou Densetsu SPECIAL" is now available as a magnet! The popular stars of Garou are gathered here! A total of 15 Garou stars collide with magnets!!   Scheduled to be released in November 2024!

GTyLg6gbwAMYgX0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Anthony..

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

Some latest additions to the collection.

Neo Geo for ever...💪🏻

Looking good Shane. I bet that NGCD is stacking up quite nicely bro. Now we need to see you in action with a YouTube channel so we can subscribe to you bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

#NeoGeo related oddity. I have only seen advertisement photos of SNK’s NeoLaser, but I finally came across an item from the machine. This business card holder was etched by one. Looks kinda meh. 

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Came across another #NeoGeo Freak autograph card prize recently. Atsushi “Monster” Maezuka. Voice of Benimaru, Choi and Ralf in every King of Fighters appearance (I think). Voices in SamSho and Last Blade too.

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Here's the other #NeoGeo Freak prize I have.

lAQ18DJH_normal.jpgBrian Hargrove @turfmasta
·
Oct 28, 2016
#NEOGEO Freak magazine give away from 2000. Haruna Ikezawa autograph card. Voice of Athena in #KOF #KOFXIV #SNK

Anthony..

17 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

Shadow Gangs Zero is coming together quite nicely, and even the Basement Brothers are enjoying the demo. Speaking of Neo Geo homebrew, I haven't heard anything on the progress of Neo Thunder X.

So true Slidel. In fact, the Kickstarter is just a little over $5,000 away for it to meet its goal.....and it's still has over a month to the campaign. :)

As for Neo Thunder X, I haven't heard any updates in a while. They did this on multiple occasions regarding to the progress with the team. At this point, I wish them the best on the project and hope that someday it will become a reality. 

Now you want to talk about a game that went cold with no updates, whatever happened to Operation Killmeister by Kimera Gamesoft. I wrote to them with no replies and I hope they didn't abandon the game. :|

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#プレゼントキャンペーン 開催中 #餓狼伝説ウィッシュリスト公開キャンペーン #PS5#Amazonギフトカード 1000円分が当たるチャンス 今すぐフォローしてリポストするだけでs募完了! 期間:8月12日(月)23時59分まで 当選者は9月中にDMで通知 #キャンペーン #餓狼伝説

Translate post

Chance to win 1000 yen  Just follow us now and repost to enter! Period: Until 23:59 on Monday, August 12  Winners will be notified by DM in September  #キャンペーン #餓狼伝説

Anthony..

Hi guys,

BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER TOKYOは 8月1日(木)〜8月25日(日)まで 【50%オフ閉店セール】開催! ※一部対象外商品あり 営業時間 平日 11:00〜20:00 土日祝10:00〜21:00 お待ち致しております!
BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER TOKYO 50% off closing sale will be held from Thursday, August 1st to Sunday, August 25th! ※ Some products are not eligible. business hours Weekdays 11:00-20:00 Weekends and holidays 10:00-21:00 We will wait!
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GTzhZ6Va8AAjwkT?format=jpg&name=360x360

GTzhZ6XbAAAy7T9?format=jpg&name=360x360

GTzhZ6YbwAAOg0m?format=jpg&name=360x360

GTzhZ6WbwAMU6tO?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Remember The King of Fighters Destiny a few years back? Well here a upload off YouTube on all the episodes put together for a full movie of the series for all to enjoy. Amazing!! :)

From the description,

"The show follows Kyo arriving in South Town where he must run into another formidable fighter, Terry. Ten years have passed since tragedy that changed his life forever."

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[KOF XV] Participate in the "KOF XV" #PS5 tournament and get a special PSN avatar! ■How to participate Register from the PS5 console game hub *Times and frequency vary by region #KOFXV #KOF15

·
Views

Anthony..

Hi guys,

#オリンピック s援】 五輪開催以来、#日本代表 の皆さんは、毎試合素晴らしい戦いを見せてくれました!! 感動をくれて、本当にありがとうございます!!! まだ戦っている日本選手たちにs援しましょう! 抽選で5名様にアイテムパックをプレゼント! 〆:8月8日0:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #パリ2024
[ #オリンピック Support] Since the Olympics started, #日本代表 has shown great fighting spirit in every match!! Thank you so much for giving me such an inspiring experience!!! Let's cheer on the Japanese athletes who are still fighting! We will give away an item pack to 5 lucky winners! Deadline :8 Month 8th 0:00 #KOF98UMOL #KOF #パリ2024Olympics_2024_Paris20242.png

GUNpskXaUAAEPhU?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【METAL SLUG ATTACK RELOADED 絶賛発売中!】 あなたのやりこみ度を教えてください #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック #MSAR #メタルスラッグアタックリローデッド
[METAL SLUG ATTACK RELOADED is now on sale!] Please tell us your level of involvement  #MSA #メタルスラッグアタック #MSAR #メタルスラッグアタックリローデッド

GT98eVjWUAAIfGA?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

So close! #ShadowGangsZero is so close now to hitting it's kickstarter goal! If you haven't backed the prequel SG by @ShadowGangs
and to be published by @PixelHeart_eu
- Then the time is now! #Kickstarter #SegaDreamcast #NeoGeo #SegaGenesis #homebrew

Anthony..