IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Here's the latest in regards to Crossed Swords 2 from respected member "Rot".

"OK Lads....

Crossed Swords 2 is READY.... The situ is this:

1) We'd like a custom board... Raz is currently using a Ironclad Sac Cart to make this work... 178MB on board...
2) We need a SOLUTION to making this viable WITHOUT Sac'cing carts...

...The eproms can be burnt... we just need a VIABLE solution...

xROTx

PS. I am willing to fund this on a NO profit basis for myself... HOWEVER, I would like to reward Raz for his efforts... as for myself... I'm doing this for teh Energ'eze...
PPS. I also understand that eventually some fookin coont will create a MVS copy of this that isn't affiliated to us... I'm not French.. and will offer no guarantees your "investment" will hold it's value...."

Anthony...

Hi guys,

In regards to Crossed Swords 2, the issue as of now is the PCB boards. Should they make custom new boards, used boards from bootleg carts, or continue sacrifice common official carts!

Anyway, a member named "rcantor77" has connections from China that have original, SNK Neo-Geo boards and are willing to help out from KoF boards.

This was mention by rcantor77,

"Ok, had a further reply back from the guys in China and the KoF boards they have are definitely original."

"Here is their last reply..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now from the connections from China,

"Yes, if you buy the original boards from us, we can sell the cart shells to you together.
The cart shells we have manufacturer help us to make it, so it's new not a used one.
Enclosed is the quotation sheet, pls check.
And pls find the details below:

1. PCB without rom, it's a used original PCB, we need to clean out the ROM on the original PCB, then you can weld your new rom on the empty space.
In this way, there's so many complicated process, and the cartridge with new game rom would be have problem easily.

2. You provide the game ROM to us, then we make the entire game cartridge on our developed PCB.
The game effect would be same as the original one, and you can have 6 months warranty on this product.

And the most importance thing, the time we use to disassemble the ROM on the original PCB we can produce the same qty of the entire game cartridge.
So we suggest to send the Game Rom to us, we make the entire game cartridge for you.

Look forward to hearing from you soon."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rcantor77 after the message,

"And the quotation for all of this...

No. Item Description Qty (100) Qty (300) Qty (500)

1. PCB with ROM Customized SNK cartridge PCB board with your new game rom, finished product $60.00 $50.00 $47.00

2 .PCB without ROM Original used snk kof97/98 cartridge pcb board without rom, with plastick shell $25.00 $25.00 $25.00"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clear.gif
Here is a picture of the boards
RAg1Kgq.jpg

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This afternoon, I'll be playing Sengoku for the Neo-Geo AES. An early brawler title that was developed and published by SNK in 1991. I enjoyed this title and spent many quarters in the arcade as a kid for it. This was also my first MVS title pick up as well. The game was a great alternative from Final Fight and Double Dragon that's for sure. Titles like this are a true classic and a great to have in your collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IomKuqv2Kno

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing Sengoku 2 for the AES. Another great brawler that I enjoyed with my brother in the arcades growing up. This was my favorite out of the series that made me believe that SNK can do great beat' em ups and compete with the likes of Capcom and Konami for the time being.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Want to see something really cool and rare? Here's a Neo-Geo MVS deck that was available in Japan in hotel rooms! Its an official SNK deck for which you put your Yen pieces into the coin slot to play Neo-Geo games. I wish I had this in my collection

For more information about this deck, a link is provided below.

http://www.citylan.it/wiki/index.php/NeoGeo_Deck_Room_Amusement_System_%28RAS%29_-_BIOS

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here's a cool video from a Neo-Geo fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cWCeatE6Qs

"This is a remake of Dede's theme using the original SNK Neo Geo gold colors for the video overlay border and a set of customized wheels that use sprites I ripped from some games. I plan to animate the Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown, and King of Fighters sprites and use them as transitions in the future."

Anthony...

Just received my AES copy of Top Hunter (JP) here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141533012149

Highly recommend the seller. The item is listed "very good" but it came in flawless, almost like new.

I have US version (new) but for some reason I'm addicted to the JP artwork and now I try to get games I don't have in JP from my collection. There's no cure for this.

Edited by vincewy
  • Like 1

Just received my AES copy of Top Hunter (JP) here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141533012149

Highly recommend the seller. The item is listed "very good" but it came in flawless, almost like new.

I have US version (new) but for some reason I'm addicted to the JP artwork and now I try to get games I don't have in JP from my collection. There's no cure for this.

Nice pick up on the game Vince. I'm glad you're enjoying it! I wanted to pick up an US version on Top Hunter for years. But when I saw a JP version on Ebay at a good price. It was hard to ignore.

Anthony...