IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing Fatal Fury for the SNES! This was my first port version of any SNK title that was from Neo-Geo. I originally played this by renting it from Blockbuster the moment the cartridge was released from my local branch! Like most ported Neo-Geo games to the Super NES, the ports were developed by a company called "Takara" (defunct in 2006) Its a good port considering its limitations and worth giving the game a try.

Anthony...

Just wanted to shout-out to Anthony for being so helpful with some CMVS questions I PM'd him about. The man certainly knows his stuff.

Thank you and you're welcome Bixler. Happy to be of service and you can write me with any other future Neo-Geo SNK/P questions! :)

Any other members have inquiries for the Neo-Geo or SNK/P, feel free to PM a message. I'll do my best to fully answer your concerns!

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again, but this time I'm playing Fatal Fury 2 for the SNES! Another title reprogrammed by Takara and introduced in 1994 for the Super Nintendo. A good port none the less and should be part of your SNK library!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

SNKP is doing Panchinko? I think I'd rather have a pinball game based on a Neo Geo title.

That would be cool! I wouldn't mind seeing a pinball machine too! The company has been doing Pachinko for awhile. Lately they said that they turned a profit thanks to its mobile games like Metal Slug Defense!

http://dreamcancel.com/2014/11/09/snk-playmore-turns-a-profit/

Anthony...

I got the Genesis version of FF when it came out and found it to be pretty good graphics-wise! And you could play as any character! Some moves were VERY hard to pull off though (like Terry's rising tackle). It even let you pull off Geese's VERY cheaty mid-air grab.

Question: was there ever an English language patch for Quiz KOF? If someone can make one for MAME I would love it! I can read a little bit of Japanese so that I can correctly answer SOME of the questions, but I'd like to read the whole thing.

• Like 1

I got the Genesis version of FF when it came out and found it to be pretty good graphics-wise! And you could play as any character! Some moves were VERY hard to pull off though (like Terry's rising tackle). It even let you pull off Geese's VERY cheaty mid-air grab.

Question: was there ever an English language patch for Quiz KOF? If someone can make one for MAME I would love it! I can read a little bit of Japanese so that I can correctly answer SOME of the questions, but I'd like to read the whole thing.

Good reminder for the Genesis version Russ! I have to dig out my dusty Genesis box and find that cartridge to play it again!

As far a Quiz KOF goes, I know its only available in JPN. It looks fun and the only information that I can get is on KLOV. But I agree. if someone can do an English translation of Quiz I can finally enjoy and fully play that title too!

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9205

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Following up with my Neo-Geo cartridge ports, I'll be playing Samurai Showdown for the SNES. Reprogrammed by Takara in 1994, this was a pretty good port from the MVS/AES that SNK developed! The graphics stand out and the controls are pretty smooth (IMO). The music is solid and the storyline is the same! Even though the fatalities and blood was removed, the game it still enjoyable!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, I'm playing "King of the Monsters" for the SNES. Growing up, this was my MUST HAVE title to have that was ported from the Neo-Geo. Still my favorite SNK title on the system and play it regularly with my brother. Of course the game has its limitations compare to the MVS/AES. But Takara and SNK did its best for KotM, and its still my favorite Neo-Geo title over to the Super NES!

Aaaaahhhh, the memories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCZzVzmV1Bs

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This afternoon, I'm playing Art of Fighting for the SNES! Reprogrammed in 1993 by Takara, the game offers an alternative for those that were interested in Neo-Geo games in a scaled down version. The game features the popular zoom in camera that the MVS/AES is known for, but its at a slower rate. A solid title and still fun to play!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

It's been ages since I played it, but I remember liking SNES Fatal Fury Special. Sega fans seem to scoff at the SNES Neo Geo ports, but I remember it being quite good and close to the original.

I should load up my SD2SNES and test my recollection and try those Neo Geo ports I never played before.

Awesome, After I do my Super NES gameplays, I'll be dusting off my Genesis box and play the Neo-Geo ports on that unit! I'm been itching to play Viewpoint on that system for awhile!

Anthony...

I used to have ART OF FIGHTING for the Genesis and enjoyed it very much.. mostly because I discovered a Game Genie cheat: when you grab and throw an enemy, they float in midair and can't attack! Yup, they just float there and you can attack them from the ground and beat on them with impunity! I could probably find it if I dig around the house..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This Saturday morning, I'm playing "Art of Fighting 2" for the Super Famicom. Unfortunately, this title didn't have a U.S. release. So this time I had to take out the import console! AoF2 was developed by a company called Saurus and its was reprogrammed in 1994. Saurus did a fantastic job with it with better camera speed, graphics, and music! The controls are solid and the replay value is better than AoF by Takara. Getting this import title isn't expensive and if you can purchase this title, please do!

Anthony...

I used to have ART OF FIGHTING for the Genesis and enjoyed it very much.. mostly because I discovered a Game Genie cheat: when you grab and throw an enemy, they float in midair and can't attack! Yup, they just float there and you can attack them from the ground and beat on them with impunity! I could probably find it if I dig around the house..

Amazing Russ! When I do the Genesis ports next I got to take a look at that! Must be one heck of a surprise to see that!

Anthony...